Beast of the East tourney 5/31-6/1 New Hampshire

nike17

Rec - talent but I play D
I don't see isthisshaved19's team (surprised you were OK with the name...Pedey must be your favorite Sox player ha ha :D), Nason's team (Major League 2.0? :confused:), Gladiators (Cwick07 / zoom77 :biggthumpup: ) or Xtreme entered yet (smccurdy62 ;)).

Last edited:

nike17

Rec - talent but I play D
i thought you said upper and lower brackets? i only see E and D.. where is the upper?

I know some C and B teams (maybe A if 'AirTran' or 'Canada' was at some point or back when teams were classified differently) have played in the upper of the Beast in years past but I believe that no C teams entered last year so I guess Harty listed the upper as D and lower as E. Looks like your C team will be playing in Taunton that day. I also figured you posted that because you like to comment on people sandbagging and playing down, a tourney with an upper and lower but no team C or above etc. and E usually joins you. I am just trying to get more teams to enter because my D (see...no sandbagging here ha ha) Mixed team helps out to earn money for Worlds (we do not have a lot of slashes in our team name therefore very little sponsorship dollars :().

Did I hear you guys have Googs now? Good addition! Great player and good dude (not like I need to tell you). Getting to play against him, CMart and other B (those two apparently C now) players the last few years shows like you have mentioned a lot of great players are good dudes. You should make some noise at C Worlds. We need to meet up and hit at some point like the old days. I saw you post something along the lines of for some reason not having many friends in this area softball wise but count me as one ;) (and I bet a lot more folks would chime in) Always hooking me up with gear, taking BP and having fun on the field. Plus you know I have never complained about you playing in a tourney or league (maybe due to the fact that 99% of the time I was on your team ha ha :eek:). Except when all the guy at the plate had to do was NOT hit into an inning ending ground ball double play yet he did anyway and you beat us in extras :mad:

E that is great for you playing at the C level. Good luck this year!

Thanks for entering Shawn and Chad ;)

Last edited:

harborhog

Addicted to Softballfans
I know some C and B teams (maybe A if 'AirTran' or 'Canada' was at some point or back when teams were classified differently) have played in the upper of the Beast in years past but I believe that no C teams entered last year so I guess Harty listed the upper as D and lower as E. Looks like your C team will be playing in Taunton that day. I also figured you posted that because you like to comment on people sandbagging and playing down, a tourney with an upper and lower but no team C or above etc. and E usually joins you. I am just trying to get more teams to enter because my D (see...no sandbagging here ha ha) Mixed team helps out to earn money for Worlds (we do not have a lot of slashes in our team name therefore very little sponsorship dollars :().

Did I hear you guys have Googs now? Good addition! Great player and good dude (not like I need to tell you). Getting to play against him, CMart and other B (those two apparently C now) players the last few years shows like you have mentioned a lot of great players are good dudes. You should make some noise at C Worlds. We need to meet up and hit at some point like the old days. I saw you post something along the lines of for some reason not having many friends in this area softball wise but count me as one ;) (and I bet a lot more folks would chime in) Always hooking me up with gear, taking BP and having fun on the field. Plus you know I have never complained about you playing in a tourney or league (maybe due to the fact that 99% of the time I was on your team ha ha :eek:). Except when all the guy at the plate had to do was NOT hit into an inning ending ground ball double play yet he did anyway and you beat us in extras :mad:

E that is great for you playing at the C level. Good luck this year!

Thanks for entering Shawn and Chad ;)

Thanks buddy, great post. The beast is a soft spot for me, hence why I get so frustrated to see it as a D/E tournament now. When I first started playing this was the tournament that got me out of the baseball mind set of "wtf am I doing playing slow pitch" to wanting to play a tournament schedule. If the beast had stayed an open tournament, I bet hickey would have even considered including it in the reebok series (since there's an event the same weekend anyway). The firecracker is an open, pool play into double elim with 3 flights... 50 teams.. Best tournament in New England every year. The beast could have been that.

isthisshaved19

Addicted to Softballfans
Prediction, it will downpour, teams will play at all hours of the night, and sit in cars/restaurants/hotel rooms most of the time.

Munson
We're thinking of coming up to NH for this!

How many fields will be used for E?

Depending on te number of teams they typically use 5-7 fields. Pool play is typically 4 teams per field so number of fields is tied to number of teams in the tourney. Last year there were 24 teams on 6 fields for pool play.

Munson
Also, I just looked and the tourney is maxed out at 24 teams right now, you may end up on a waiting list to get in.