Best all day balls?

swed120

Playing in tournament in a couple weeks and its open ball just nothing higher than 44/375, which one or ones are the best to have?
Bat rules: open with no ASA only
field conditions: usually 55-60 in the morning, 80-90 mid day

swed120

Awesome thank you. anyone out there that i can order through? i found some on amazon for $62 a dozen is that a good price?

phoenix26

<font color="#228B22">SBF Fund Donor</font>
Awesome thank you. anyone out there that i can order through? i found some on amazon for $62 a dozen is that a good price?

Hit up reggie44 for balls.
He regularly has X-rocks and
Dudleys. Check the other equipment section.

Ump63

What about Baden fire 52/300 I found a site that has them cheap wondering if they are a good game ball

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I haven't hit these yet, but they're not as good as a 44/525. In the summer they're way better, but right now I'd guess about 20 feet better. Maybe forty feet better in the heat.

Ump63

.44s are a much better ball, and jump off the bat whereas a 52 is a lot softer.
Right. My league is 52/300. I was just asking if the Baden Fires would be a good ball. Finding out it’s more the ball then the bat.

Country469

there are like 5-6 quality balls out on the market. Its def the bats not the balls. Balls are actually held to a standard and forced to stay at that standard of not get a stamp. There is only so good a certain cor/comp ball can be.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
Right. My league is 52/300. I was just asking if the Baden Fires would be a good ball. Finding out it’s more the ball then the bat.
Ah, then Baden Fires are decent balls to hit. They seem to hold up ok even when it gets close to 100 degrees.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
there are like 5-6 quality balls out on the market. Its def the bats not the balls. Balls are actually held to a standard and forced to stay at that standard of not get a stamp. There is only so good a certain cor/comp ball can be.
You mean an actual scientific standard and not the strange unscientific bpf test that's had to be changed already and completely abandoned by ASA ? Didn't asa come up with the test in the first place?

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
You said balls can only be so good because they have an actual standard, and I mocked the bat standards because bpf is a joke. A 400 compression ball is a 400 compression ball. Design and materials cause some variance, but a 400 compression isn't any compression below 400 or some gimmick like multi layers that fools the test.

Country469

ah ok lol, slow afternoon for me. But yeah, I was referring to that made up # that bats will always get better than. Balls on the other hand get worse as we hit them, but you do get a small tolerance window on compression #s.