Best bats for clincher balls???

Maniac22

Addicted to Softballfans
Need some help with the best bats for hitting clinchers? Our local league (modified) has changed the balls to clinchers but opened bats to ASA certified. Can any true baller out there let me know the bats of choice....?

Ive had good success with the corndog, steel, and the Zs. They throw those 16" balls in when we have charity tourneys and themed ones.

bronx90210

Addicted to Softballfans
The one piece bats are the best way to go the Miken endloaded Psycho and the old school raw steel bats seem to do will for a 2 piece bats. Hey as long as you are swinging a 27oz bat or better for those mush softballs you will be ok.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
I played with these last summer. I actually used as 2013 ASA Wanted, and a ST100. Both were heavy, but they performed well. Clinchers+asa...........Id change leagues, if possible ;)

scottydoesnt

Extra Hitter
Best bat I've ever used was a Worth Toxic wood bat. Demarini makes a "Windy City" bat which is made for 16" balls, comes in a handful of weights, and a bunch of my team mates really liked them. If you can get an old DeBeer clincher bat off of craigslist or eBay that would be your best bet. But good luck finding one for a price that won't give you a coronary though.

hunter6396

Manager
I usually swing an old Easton cyclone 34oz. From my experience the heaviest you can stand to swing one piece bat works the best

BlindEarth

Addicted to Softballfans
Bat never seems to make a difference with these to me. Some people swear by just swinging metal, I just think they make a better sound and don't perform any better/worse. I play with clinchers in NYC where nobody ever checks bats and my 30 oz Synergy 2 is my go to.

Paulypal

Addicted to Softballfans
Need some help with the best bats for hitting clinchers? Our local league (modified) has changed the balls to clinchers but opened bats to ASA certified. Can any true baller out there let me know the bats of choice....?

Where do you play modified?

Modified is all I have ever play...I just cant do slo-pitch. I live on Long Island.

I took BP last year with the Miken Freak 52 and it absolutely crushed the clinchers. Outhit my SCX3 without a doubt.

Where in NY are you? I have been playing with Clinchers does the past several seasons and the bats in my sig handle them. Hit me up if you want to play this summer.

midnite6

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey NY modified here as well. We play ASA and use f12 in one league and F12g in the others. I found the Z2000 RI crushes both these balls

I use the regular f12s in my modified league. Are you using the 16" corkers or the regular f12 versions of the Clinchers.

Swilldog

Everyone loves bombs!
Pop the cap and load with racket balls if the rules allow. 36oz is bout as good as it gets. You lose less bat speed at contact with a heavier bat.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
I never hit a clincher with it, but my 36oz Clincher EST is pretty awesome. It's supposedly a 28oz EST with 8oz of endload. The endload should help a ton on a 16" ball. I've plenty of HR's using it with 12" balls.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
What color is that bat ? Green ?

Yup. Green it is. Just a 28oz green Cu31 cheap EST with eight extra ounces in the end cap and the word Clincher on the side. It's surprising how well it hits. After ruining a prototype bat with 7oz of endload in under 60 swings, and being told that extra endload can impact durability, I guess it's also impressive how durable it's been.

I was told the 32oz Techwrap was a 26oz with 6oz added to te end cap. It is much more reasonable and one of my favorite bats of all time. It swings very similarly to PST's. Sounds and performes differently, but swings the way I imagine a 31oz or 32oz PST would.

scottydoesnt

Extra Hitter
Those green clincher ESTs fetch top dollar out by me. I've been looking for one for years, but can't find one for less than $250-300. It's crazy.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
I was looking for the most endloaded bat out there. I think I paid $30 and the guy acted like he took advantage of me knowing I couldn't possibly have wanted a bat THAT heavy...he was right...I had no idea something had been made THAT heavy...it swung me, I hit a few balls near the fence, but couldn't get one over. I tossed it in the bag as a joke cause I got crap for seining heavy bats. One cool night I was in a no HR tournament that the coach had been nervous about using me in. I showed him the bat I would use for tourny and he figured he was safe. When I hit a DBO he was too shocked to care. After that I started using it pretty often. I don't hit many DBO's but I always hit poorly when I try to take something off, or try to hit a gap. I can drop one behind the first baseman or swing away and that's about it. The extra weight will put you on top of the ball without adjustment, so it's my "keep it down/test the third baseman" bat. If I accidentally get under it though, watch out. Too many at bats in a row and my brain will subconsciously adjust and I have to start trying to hit down. A. It doesn't take a ton of bat speed with a bat like that and B. Swinging that mother will build strength like crazy!

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
I have to wonder if soft bat helps much on a clincher ball though. If the 36oz single-wall clincher is equally endloaded, it may hit just as well or better with 16" balls. No doubt the EST part helps on 12" ASA balls though.

Bballkking1

The Veteran
When hitting 16" balls I don't think any bat technology helps one bit. Here in Chicago where the 16" game was born the oldest aluminum bats hit just as well as the new aluminum bats. Technology has nothing to do with it. It is all about finding the right weight for your swing strength/speed. The heavier the bat, combined with a faster, and stronger swing the better (duh). You don't want to swing anything less than 32oz or the bat wont drive through the heavy ball. End of story.

I guess I've never hit a yellow 12" ball with a heavy ass Clincher bat, but I imagine it would hit it a ton. Not becuase of fancy materials or composite, but because of the weight.

Bballkking1

The Veteran
And to what Scotty said about how expensive the 16" aluminum bats can be, it's because they don't make them anymore. The 16" game is somewhat dying so bats aren't being made. Scarcity = higher prices.

GrinningBear

World's deadliest house husband
A Worth Thumper or Easton Smoke or any of those fence posts will hit the 16" as well as anything. As heavy as you can swing. They had a coed 16" Clincher league locally for awhile and one of the big hitters could put them out with a blue EST. If the Clincher EST's are too much you can find the other EST's pretty heavy. And the heavier Techwraps worked well, too.

blakcherry329

If you're hitting the Clincher Gold, then any of the stiffer composites with do. The regular Clinchers, heavier metal is the way to go, imo.

I think I'm retiring from modified. Shoulder issue make it more difficult to pitch modified.

hwood

RESIDENT STUD
Grew up playing clincher in nyc. Whatever fits your swing will work best. Bat makes little to no effect. We used ultras syn 2s. But again does not make a difference.

maniac i play 10 man modified in NY and NJ with clincher and clincher golds 12", are u using regular or golds... in any case, listen to blakcherry up top, he knows what he's talking about

worth toxic toxic titan synergys z2000s green catty's og pumpkin any asa helmer salvo or any imx barrel easton any stiff handle demarini fu dawg OG juggernaut any steel any scandium easton miken freak 98 og freak any old asa mizuno any bat in my sig