Best bats for clincher balls???

JoeyUpThaMiddle

What's up. Rookie to the group but seasoned vet to the Clincher 12s. Grew up in NYC playing the cement leagues with these. Classic old school Aluminum bats always did well with these balls but since I personally play more slow pitch Arc now green dots have taken over. However I do play in a modified league with Clinchers, my 34/27 Miken Freak52 Has been crushing the clinchers both out of the box as well as through the course of the game. The bat is max load so that added end weight is key in my opinion.

Ballisttic

Star Player
There was just a 38oz easton on ebay for 30.00 swing as heavy of a bat as you can find if you are hitting 16"ers. The 14" or 12" clinchers hit well with new style lighter softball bats.

You need mass to make the 16" clinchers fly.

I got a 38 ounce LS b53 bomber the thing is nuts. Sounds like u hit a basketball on contact, boom that makes all 3 surrounding fields players turn around like WTF

Basedjayz

I am playing in a league where we play with 14" clincher. I own two Louisville Slugger 26oz z 2000 and 3000 balanced and end loaded. I've been doing research and I assume my bats aren't good for that ball. My teammates have a miken max loaded bat. What do you guys recommend?

I am playing in a league where we play with 14" clincher. I own two Louisville Slugger 26oz z 2000 and 3000 balanced and end loaded. I've been doing research and I assume my bats aren't good for that ball. My teammates have a miken max loaded bat. What do you guys recommend?

I think that you should be good with that set up boss.

D Savage

If you're hitting the Clincher Gold, then any of the stiffer composites with do. The regular Clinchers, heavier metal is the way to go, imo.

I think I'm retiring from modified. Shoulder issue make it more difficult to pitch modified.
Sorry to bring up an old topic but you recommend metal/single wall bats for regular 12 in clinchers?

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
For a 14" Clincher I would go pretty heavy. Maybe not 36oz Clincher heavy, but pretty heavy, and with a decent end load. Yes a Miken with a Maxload or an LS with the Powerload would be a good starting point.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
Sorry to bring up an old topic but you recommend metal/single wall bats for regular 12 in clinchers?

For 12" Clinchers I would hit the softest composite I could get my hands on, and I might even drop a little bat weight. A Steel might get close though. They are pretty soft and durability should be fine with Clinchers.

blakcherry329

Yep. The balls are way softer than regular 52/300s so you won't utilize the trampoline effect of the composites, so metal is more effective, imo. Lots of Steels, ESTs, and older Eastons are used in my leagues.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Whatever you have a receipt for. I'd worry about a snapped handle more than anything with that combo though. I used an old Easton singlewall and it worked fine. I wouldn't hit my good bat without a receipt for warranty return. Never saw one break, but those balls are a lot heavier than normal balls.

blakcherry329

Yep. Any Demarini Metal is great for these. Also OG Catalyst work well too. I use an OG Easton SX9 35oz(very balanced feel) and a White Steel 28oz (very end-loaded feel). Some people swing composite. The bats I see in my Clincher leagues run the gamut of bats. Every type of metal is out there. If ultimate distance isn't a real concern, then swing whatever you feel comfortable with. Don't overthink it.

Basedjayz

Whatever you have a receipt for. I'd worry about a snapped handle more than anything with that combo though. I used an old Easton singlewall and it worked fine. I wouldn't hit my good bat without a receipt for warranty return. Never saw one break, but those balls are a lot heavier than normal balls.

A friend of mine just gave me a Nike Keystone Bat 30oz. i think its meant for fast pitch but I've been crushing the ball a lot better!

csk415

Addicted to Softballfans
A friend of mine just gave me a Nike Keystone Bat 30oz. i think its meant for fast pitch but I've been crushing the ball a lot better!

Its for slowpitch. Bat is on par with the Hammer which is fine for clinchers.