Best custom glove under $200?

Jomig9224

Manager
i am very particular about my gloves. as a third baseman i have to be. i cant be going out there with a floppy-after-month glove and take a P-ROD to the face. So needless to say, I am a worth liberty/legit fan because of the SHAPE RETENTION, the DURABILITY, and the AESTHETICS.

recently i have been looking into custom gloves just so i can get what i am looking for: H-WEB, 13 INCH, SOLID GLOVE. I have seen the m2s, rolin, adiktivs, etc. i was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction of a company that has long lasting custom gloves with SHAPE RETENTION under $200.
thank you in advance

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
What's your expectation of "shape retention" and "durability"? One guy I play with considers a Demarini Voodoo to be durable, because he's used it for 5 years. Of course, he doesn't play more than 20 games a year...

Frisco Kid

Addicted to Metal
I THINK it will be DIFFICULT to find SOMETHING under $200. If you're WILLING to UP your BUDGET a LITTLE, I'm sure you'll BE ABLE to FIND what you're looking for.

mattun

Internet Tough Guy
What's your expectation of "shape retention" and "durability"? One guy I play with considers a Demarini Voodoo to be durable, because he's used it for 5 years. Of course, he doesn't play more than 20 games a year...

How dare you? Voodoo was the best cheap glove ever made (honorable mention to Rawlings Silverback).

ghunt25

I think you're looking for a unicorn. If you're very particular about your gloves, and want "shape retention" and "durability", go for a Rawlings or Wilson and spend the extra cash. Won't get a 13" though. Wilson 1799 or Rawlings 504's are popular H webs. 12.75.

nissben

Freakin Ninja
I THINK it will be DIFFICULT to find SOMETHING under $200. If you're WILLING to UP your BUDGET a LITTLE, I'm sure you'll BE ABLE to FIND what you're looking for.

i see what you did here :biggthumpup:

seriously though OP...its gonna be hard....up your budget and youll be able to get everything you want AND a bag of chips (or popcorn, whatever u prefer)

chazerous

In all seriousness, the capire gloves smarkley has been posting about look decent. They have 3 price points with the low end being 200. I think they looked like novak gloves, but it's better than the Mexican customs.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm not sure who is more confused here....me or the OP.

Just to make sure I am reading correctly though......you've found what you like in a glove in the Worth Liberty/Legit series as far as looks, size and shape retention, but you figure you're better off trying something else?

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
I have a custom STX glove which I thought was the cream of the crop when I got it. It played solid for about a year but the more beating it took, the more it got worn out. I still love it and game it but I have now been spoiled by a few gloves that have far greater quality. I would definitely spend the extra 80 bucks and order a custom Rawlings HOH. I definitely dont think you will regret it!

A Cy 617

Dad, Fire fighter, bat flipper.
This thread is begging for a retard to post about how awesome Mexican gloves are..

Stop being cheap, spend 270 and get a custom HOH from sbf

GTC

Semi-Retired
The best custom that I have tried is an Mpact Custom. They sell for around $180. Made in Taiwan I think and I believe they are all Kip leather (may not be true for all, but mine is). Little know on the boards but they are good quality imo. They are stiff as hell, but break in pretty good. Here is a pick of mine that Webmouth recently relaced (bottom pics is what it really looks like) http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=1085941&page=13
You can find other pics on their FB page.

RalphG427

On the bench
I'm not sure who is more confused here....me or the OP.

Just to make sure I am reading correctly though......you've found what you like in a glove in the Worth Liberty/Legit series as far as looks, size and shape retention, but you figure you're better off trying something else?

Not to mention you can customize your own :rolleyes:

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
In all seriousness, the capire gloves smarkley has been posting about look decent. They have 3 price points with the low end being 200. I think they looked like novak gloves, but it's better than the Mexican customs.

Made in Taiwan special pricing right now :)

mizunoguy

Softball Whore
If you like the Worth Liberty's, why don't you get a Liberty Advanced? Do what you want but I'm with everyone else, save some funds and get what you want.

SoxFan81

Addicted to Softballfans
Wait longer and spend a little more to get a custom rawlings from this website, just make sure you order with NON oil treated leather.

If you take care of it, the glove will retain its shape far better than cheaper options.
Definitely worth the difference price.dont spend less, be unhappy , then have to order a better glove

gsus03

Banned User
I gamed my 11.75" worth LA on dirt until my fiance used it in coed and left it at the local park...so she now has no glove to use and I used it as an excuse to buy multiple gloves in the 11.75"-12.25" range

I personally think worth LAs are one of the most underrated gloves out there (discontinued now) unfortunately the new worth legit line is not near the quality that the LAs were...got a teammate a legit about 6 weeks ago and it is already ridiculously floppy

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
If my math is right, this should add up to under $200:

http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=1322287&highlight=gmp55c

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

61pUYpZIFEL._SY400_.jpg

MaverickAH

It always makes me laugh when these types of threads always illicit the response to spend more while never answering original question.

The first thing to realize is that no one is going to be able to give you a definitive answer on best custom glove under $200 because it's highly doubtful that that many have seen more than one or two of the many different brands offered.

There are some pretty solid custom gloves offered for under $200. The first thing you should ask yourself is, "How much customization do I want?". In general, companies who offer minimal customization options have a better overall quality product. If you just want your name on the glove, I would go with Rous' suggestion & get a Glovesmith Custom Select in CR leather ($209).

If you like the Worth Liberty Advanced, be aware that Worth now offers some limited customization options for that line:
http://www.orangelv.com/Worth/glove_builder/
Unfortunately, the cost seems to be on the high side at ~$220, IMHO, but it is an option.

I haven't seen everything (not even close!) but the best that I have seen at the sub $200 level in a fully customizable glove is Crunoz (~$160). Solid leather, good stitching & padding....... I just don't know if I'd recommend them in a 13" size since I wasn't partial to the glove patterns in that size. That may be a personal issue though......

Another good option is a Boombah Custom ($139.99). A pretty solid offering that's only lacking in that there's no palm padding. I would probably be my 1st choice in a fully customizable 13" & up glove in it's price range though as I do like the pattern better. I would just wear a batting glove.

dave2525

"Stay thirsty my friends"
I would recommend Spiderz. I have one and I really like it. the 13" I have plays similair to the oxblood Hweb Rawlings HOH. Leather might not be the exact same HOH quality, but it's still a solid glove.