Best Demarini Bat For The 52/275 Balls

r_giffen

Extra Hitter
Posted something on one of the main boards, I'm new to SBF.com but I wanted to ask actual Demarini guys what bat I should pick up.

I play in Canada, my league lets us use USSSA or ASA bats. We use the Hot Dot 52/275 Balls. From what I've read, I should get an ASA bat.

Currently I have the USSSA version Demarini FU Dawg and really like it. I also have a Mizuno Blackout and an older J2 Fly Swatter.

I'm looking to get another new Demarini bat and not sure what route to go? If my league uses the 52/275 I should probably use a ASA bat no?

J3A?
Flipper?
Flipper Aftermath?
FU Dawg ASA version?

Let me know what you think, appreciate it.

r_giffen

Extra Hitter
I've also been reading a lot of you guys like the 26oz Mercy.

So I guess it would be between the J3A, Flipper, Aftermath, Mercy and FU Dawg ASA.

All my bats are 27oz currently.

brennen15

Addicted to Softballfans
Sounds like u have a few good sticks already. I like my j3a vx2 and cl22 so whatever ur preference is on how a bat feels

drdark

Addicted to Softballfans
Cl22 mashes hot dot 52's (hit those exact balls in league) haven't swung any Asa sticks but if u go utrip that's your best bet -- vx2u is a close quarter step behind and a great option as well

r_giffen

Extra Hitter
Are you talking about the new Stadium CL22? That bat looks unreal.

I was just under the impression with the .52/275 ASA Bats were the way to go???

mpq1480

Addicted to Softballfans
My stadium 2 spec one crushes the 52/300 more so then my flipper does. Granted I have more swings on the spec one.

drdark

Addicted to Softballfans
Are you talking about the new Stadium CL22? That bat looks unreal.

I was just under the impression with the .52/275 ASA Bats were the way to go???

Yes the new stadium cl22 is the real deal but I don't play any ASA so I don't know how it stacks up against the new Asa only stamp demars everyone raves that they r hot

BigDann17

Addicted to Softballfans
I play in one league that you can use any old/new stamp utrip and ASA.
I'll swing the vx2u whenever I can. The cl22 is nice as well but the vx2 fits me better.
That being said, more guys are choosing the J3A over anything else old or new.
We hit 52/300s

M

MJL 00

Mercy all the way BUT it is light light light so if want 27 oz go J3A IMO

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
52's really want you to swing the bat that matches your swing best, if the USSSA FU is working for you I'd stick with it,. Onlymway you'll beat it is if something else matches your swing better

TheTank

Star Player
My league is using the same ball as well and my stadium spec one, J2U, Juice, J3U dont seem to love it. Hell I hit just as good with my doublewall. Was looking into getting a flipper or trading off my J3U for something more 52 friendly

drdark

Addicted to Softballfans
My league is using the same ball as well and my stadium spec one, J2U, Juice, J3U dont seem to love it. Hell I hit just as good with my doublewall. Was looking into getting a flipper or trading off my J3U for something more 52 friendly

That's a shame on the juice - mine feasted on the classic plus in league but mine was well broken in, it crushed anything pitched lol I say keep swinging it or bp it more and you should be rewarded

mike leonard

Addicted to Softballfans
Our leagues was one of the test sites for the 52 core balls back a few years ago, but because of all the complaints, and teams dropping out we went back to ISA last year. But if you want an older bat that will crush a 52 I liked the Sunday Swagger. Like I said I don't know about the new bats, hard to believe they would hit them better, but they may offer better feedback on the ball. I personally think an endloaded bat hits those balls better, that might be a personal thing, and I am pretty sure you can pick up a Swagger pretty cheap.