Best Metal for ASA

BigBL87

29 oz, you say?
Obviously a metal noob here, whats the difference between singlewall and doublewall?

Singlewall is just a single layer of metal throughout the entire bat. A doublewall is two separate layers of metal, which work together in the trampoline effect. Doublewalls will tend to have a larger sweet spot and a little more pop in my experience.

BanjoDan

<font color="#8B3A3A">Finger Pickin' Good</font>
Singlewall is just a single layer of metal throughout the entire bat. A doublewall is two separate layers of metal, which work together in the trampoline effect. Doublewalls will tend to have a larger sweet spot and a little more pop in my experience.

Unless you have a NanoTek. That is my pick, but a close second is the Techzilla. Followed by the RT, and then any DeMarini metal.

Frisco Kid

Addicted to Metal
Trebek.jpg

"I'll take best metal bat for $1000, Alex."

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
In for ST1-Z/ST2-Z.

With a Gold Dot, though, expect well broken in composites to consistently outhit metal. Top metal may hold its own in distance, but the sweet spots are substantially smaller, so any slightly impure contact will show much more than on composites, reducing the perceived overall performance.

*DISCLAIMER*

I have not hit a Nano, and the only one I've seen in action was apparently the USSSA one that was mistakenly assumed to be the ASA model, so I cannot comment on these.

Delrod24

Addicted to Softballfans
I've been feeling my new Rip It REAP3. I got it from a board bro. not long ago for non composite league. The ball has been flying off this thing.

jbennett13

It's God-gibben...
TZ if you like balanced (though it is a single wall) and RT if you like endload and it is a double wall.

Not true... TZ is also a double wall. It is basically the reverse construction of an RT. The "sleeve" is internal not external.

bomb_dropper

Addicted to Softballfans
The Nanotek is possibly the worst bat I have ever hit a ball with. This includes an Easton Havoc singlewall. I couldn't believe how dead it was.

My votes are for old ESTs, old PSTs, and White/Raw steels. I have no real experience with Anderson doublewalls--I've only taken maybe 5 swings ever with an RT.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
The Nanotek is possibly the worst bat I have ever hit a ball with. This includes an Easton Havoc singlewall. I couldn't believe how dead it was.

My votes are for old ESTs, old PSTs, and White/Raw steels. I have no real experience with Anderson doublewalls--I've only taken maybe 5 swings ever with an RT.

Swing that Nano more than the 5 swings you used the RT for? If you did then you wouldn't say it's the worst bat ever....Take some time to hit with it and you'll learn.

bomb_dropper

Addicted to Softballfans
Swing that Nano more than the 5 swings you used the RT for? If you did then you wouldn't say it's the worst bat ever....Take some time to hit with it and you'll learn.

Couple rounds of BP. I stand by my assessment. Maybe this one was a dud? No idea.

The RT was a teammate's I swung ~5 times overall over time, never took a real BP session with it.

Last edited:

Stratt

to many bats
I am biased because I have never had a chance to swing an Andersen.

The last 3 years of the demarini steel have been a great bat (08,09,10), and the Nanotek is $100.00 more. I usually get 1 season out of the steel and then get the warranty replacement, but the damage is caused by cold weather.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Couple rounds of BP. I stand by my assessment. Maybe this one was a dud? No idea.

The RT was a teammate's I swung ~5 times overall over time, never took a real BP session with it.

From looking at your sig it would take more than a couple rounds of bp for you to get used to the Nano. I swing mainly PSTs also and still haven't found the best swing for it but I would never say it's a dud...

BRAIN

Rookie
I hit with the black Anderson Techwrap last night. I think is is the 2003 ASA model. Was hitting some USSSA Elites and the bat was very solid! If I could find on FS I'd buy it. :)

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
Not true... TZ is also a double wall. It is basically the reverse construction of an RT. The "sleeve" is internal not external.

Thanks for the claification. I always thought that was the defining difference after the balance and endload.

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
I hit with the black Anderson Techwrap last night. I think is is the 2003 ASA model. Was hitting some USSSA Elites and the bat was very solid! If I could find on FS I'd buy it. :)

There was a 28oz for sell the other day