Best Senior Bat available today? (for 52 balls?)

KennyG2019

I have a 26oz/34" Demarini Juggy end load that is so awesome that my last at bat I hit the ball further than I ever had before!

Can anything beat this bat for distance?

Thanks!

Kenny

KennyG2019

How about:
2015 (or 2016) Miken IZZY PSYCHO Slowpitch Softball Bat Supermax USSSA?

I read this is a killer hot bat!

curveball

Addicted to Softballfans
2017 Melee II 12" barrel Bat has some serious pop. 2016 Melee II was my favorite till swinging the new one last week.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I am getting one of the Senior Freaks in a bit, I am not a big hitter but I think I may rip a few with this baby......

Raoul46

As far as senior bats go, there aren't many that can beat the Miken Ultra II. My teammates use it almost exclusively and the team also provides several for other teammates to use.

Ken07

DeMarini/Wilson Sports Senior Pro
DeMarioni senior Larry Carter midload outperforms the senior juggy by feel, distance and sweetspot. Also the Addidas, Dudley and Big Cats are excellent senior bats as well. I liked the older Senior Ones better than the feel of the juggy, but all of these mentioned are great sticks.

Fennellwg

1.21 BPF means your bat has limit....

I wish you had finished that sentence because I may have a slightly different take on BPF for seniors.
Without starting any rants, BPF of 1.21 is just the starting point for senior bats.
They get tested as "Brand-New" bats, no break-in, no pre conditioning like rolling.
No testing up and down the barrel, only at the mathematical sweet spot.
What happens after they leave Dr. Brandts office most likely turns into something much better than 1.21, but definitely different performance and durability from one flavor to the next . .....just saying.
I did notice on directsports that the Larry Carter has a one year manufacturers warranty which is a lot better than all the other top players.
Bill

Last edited:

What's It 2 Ya?

Addicted to Softballfans
What happens after they leave Dr. Brandts office most likely turns into something much better than 1.21, but definitely different performance and durability from one flavor to the next . .....just saying.< So how much better than BPF 1.21 do you figure the bat becomes?

Fennellwg

I imagine that would be both a function of bat and batter.
in my case...60,short, slow and 170 lbs with warning track power.
my 2016 Dudley probably gained another 30 feet once it broke -in. ( approx. 10% bump in distance)
that was after 300 swings. it has over 1500 swings now. no sign of cracking or rattles but performance seems at or past its peak.

I also have a 2016 Nightmare (AD starr) it took me about 3000 swings to get to a similar level of performance as the Dudley. It now has close to 6000 swings and performance has yet to peak. No rattles, but the barrel is showing signs of cracking, so the end may be near

its not likely SSUSA will ever tell us where BPF tested initially and we'll never know where they are now .. But they are both significantly better then where they started.
-bill

What's It 2 Ya?

Addicted to Softballfans
If I read you right....You took 1500 swings on your Dudley....plus about another 6000 swings on your Nightmare...That totals about 7500 swings in 1 year!
Wow!
I get the impression that when your not on your computer your swinging your bats.
How's your back doing?

Fennellwg

this little experiment has lasted almost two years and it does sound like a lot of swings but I've been counting.
God didn't bless me with size or natural athletic ability, but I do seem to be durable ( so far).
The dog and I go to the park to hit softballs. she burns up enough energy to sleep the rest the day and I get to....Well, sleep the rest of the day also :)

bigcat21

THE OFFICIAL SBF SALSERO
going into the 2017 season.....
I'm going with the 12' barrel endload Dudley 2.0, picked up a 27oz... All I can say is OMG & WOW... LOL!!! give it a try Gents... ;)

1STUNNA

Addicted to Softballfans
MIKEN ULTRA SSUSA , LOUISVILLE SLUGGER , 2015 DUDLEY LIGHTNING have strong power on the market .
I used the senior juggy last year and loved it. It just broke after roughly 1000 swings. I bought a Dudley 2.0 12 inch barrel and out the wrapper it was hanging with my senior juggy. The Dudley now has roughly 500 swings and it is lights out. I never got as much distance with the senior juggy than I do with the Dudley but the exit speed seems less with the Dudley. Just picked up another senior juggy for $119 for base hits when the bombs are used up.

Dogue

Evil Genius
I've never seen one (I think they only made a small number) but remember hearing they were decent bats, only balanced I think. If they're cheap enough buy one and let us all know. I don't swing balanced bats typically so I never paid much attention to them other than that I've never seen a Worth senior bat before and was curious.

seniorss

Addicted to Softballfans
I have gamed the MIken Black and the 12" and 13" inch Dudley. My favorite was original Reebok. I just got the Addias balanced and for me it's the best senior bat since the OG Reebok. It opened up after 30 swings and then after 70 swings it's game ready. Reminds me so much of the OG Reebok.Just don't know how long it's going to last.