Best softball sayings you hear in games!!

packerbacker796

Bi-Polar as they Come
New one when OF misjudges a ball and they all turned around looking for it yell out "the circus is in town" i lol'ed at that one

Not sure about you guys, but "that's what she said" always finds a way to make it into games or even multiple times in games.

LetTheBigDogEat

The Veteran
several good ones....

when i snap one off up the middle - "it's closed"

batter hits fly ball - immediately start singing "straight up" by paula abdul

fielder makes an error - yell out loud at your runners "he threw it down" (this one really gets under peoples skin)

when they make a throw that lets runners advance - "he's throwin doubles (triples)"

guy comes up with runner on 1st - "double play candidate"

pop up to the IF - immediately yell "in" or comment on the range of your fielder who caught it.

sketchy guy in the OF - "2 hands while you're learnin!"

fly ball with 2 outs - immediately start heading back to the dugout and holler at your OF "bring it with ya"

cpl40475

Coach
heard this at a game, batter hit middle 3 diff times and kept saying my bad, 2nd baseman said to batter, I banged your GF last night 3 times, if I say my bad will you forgive me also. Everyone fell out laughing, including the umps and ppl in the bleachers

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
When a batter whiffs badly, regardless of team, we yell, now that's a courtesy swing!

When one of our batters hits a weak grounder and runs it out for a hit, he was playing to deep I told you it would work....

Last edited:

blueraider

Addicted to Softballfans
This guy must take BP in a silo!! (When a guy hits a pop-up to the IF or catcher)

Random> I'm comin' at ya like Aleve! ...All day strong! All day long!

adamp961

Starting Player
When a batter whiffs badly, regardless of team, we yell, now that's a courtesy swing!

When one of our batters hits a weak grounder and runs it out for a hit, he was playing to deep I told you it would work....

LOL, when someone whiffs here you always hear, "Thanks for the breeze"

Nape012

Addicted to Softballfans
Watch out for that BEAVER!!! - Hard hit grounder that "chews" on someone.
2 in the wagon - Two outs
That pitch was higher than Snoop Dogg

Just some that come to mind

getsideways

Addicted to Softballfans
Lately when I or someone on the team really gets ahold of a homerun i put on my angry face and say ''just missed it'' ''Dont worry you will hit it square next time''

Jordan9215

Star Player
When someone on our team really mis-hits a ball and it drops in the shallow outfield we always yell "just gay enough!"

When someone hits it hard but it's snagged by either infield or outfield we say "hit it with your good purse next time!"

And when someone has a case of warning track power it's always either "weight room!" or "Put some a$$ into it next time!"

Roy Hobbs48

Addicted to Softballfans
we have an ump in our league, when both game balls have gone from fouls or HR he will yell out, "I've got no balls!"

Boof

Addicted to Softballfans
Had our sponsor play RF. Dropped 2 routine fly balls. Asked why he dropped them.

"man, its too hot out there"

Last edited:

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
Not really a saying but had me almost pissing in my pants. Young 20 something speedster is taking extra bases all game. He's on 2nd and tries to score on a deep grounder to the 2nd baseman. 2nd baseman throws him out at home plate and about 8 guys in the stands waiting to play the next game just start laughing really really loud. I thought the guy was going to call his mom and start crying! Turns out the guys in the stands were laughing at the way the ump called the out but the runner had no clue.

leadoff32

Addicted to Softballfans
Errors: "Forgot his foot glove" "Get off me ball"

Bad Hitters: "Pull your skirt up" "Check him for a thong"

Shaved bat accusations: "My bat's not shaved but my balls are"

ming01

DMVWinning
What's the best thing you have heard opposing teams or your teammates say when balls are hit by people or just misplayed... A couple of my favorites have been hey bring me back a shirt from the gap and get this man to Louisiana cause that ball is BYU hahahaha I gotta hear more boys!!!!

we always yell "Bayou". lolz