Best stick for the new ASA ball .52 cor 300 Comp

Bigstick00

Addicted to Softballfans
Z-1000 hit the crap outta these balls, recoils, early model freak 98's, scn3 or scx3, just bought a Sunday swagger but haven't used it in a game yet! This ball must be hit hard with back spin!

sk89ta

Coach
the 52/300 balls fly with any good bat, you just have to hit them perfect, if you miss there center, not very forgiving. Watched the ASA national tourney witched used HotDots and they hit 320 shots at will in 90 degree heat. Just Got to hit them clean

Burger1976

Banned User
the 52/300 balls fly with any good bat, you just have to hit them perfect, if you miss there center, not very forgiving. Watched the asa national tourney witched used hotdots and they hit 320 shots at will in 90 degree heat. Just got to hit them clean

lmao........

mikhalljr

Starting Player
I have also been looking for something, I'm 5'6 170lbs 33 yrs/old,, def not a hr hitter, used to have warnign track power now jsut mid field with these balls, I have always been partial to just an old wal mart easton cyclone, Last few years have been using the blue/grey easton stealth?? I recently accumulated a red/black worth mayhem 98, and white/red easton stealth, I have the best swing with the blue grey easton, but have lost all my power it seems. I'm line driving the hell out of it but not going anywhere... The red/black worth feel like I can just crush it but its lighter so I've been popping up alot with it. and the white eason i can't get out of infield cause I am just not used to the end loaded bats... With the old balls I was hitting the fence on the line with a wal mart bat and now either I 'm getting too old and lost my strength or something.. Its driving me nuts... I just want to hit one out and then I may just give it up altogether and maybe just manage a team.

ftaylor28

Addicted to Softballfans
Zs are what 90 percent of my team has switched to with these balls...just picked up a flipper to see if it lives up to hype

JMac8582

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm swinging a '13 Salvo Multiwall for the 300/52 balls. You don't get the monster shots, but I can consistently get 310-320 which is enough and that's really all that matters.

Superstar555

Addicted to Softballfans
I have also been looking for something, I'm 5'6 170lbs 33 yrs/old,, def not a hr hitter, used to have warnign track power now jsut mid field with these balls, I have always been partial to just an old wal mart easton cyclone, Last few years have been using the blue/grey easton stealth?? I recently accumulated a red/black worth mayhem 98, and white/red easton stealth, I have the best swing with the blue grey easton, but have lost all my power it seems. I'm line driving the hell out of it but not going anywhere... The red/black worth feel like I can just crush it but its lighter so I've been popping up alot with it. and the white eason i can't get out of infield cause I am just not used to the end loaded bats... With the old balls I was hitting the fence on the line with a wal mart bat and now either I 'm getting too old and lost my strength or something.. Its driving me nuts... I just want to hit one out and then I may just give it up altogether and maybe just manage a team.

Hate to say it, but if you weren't hitting out the .44 ball, the .52 isn't going to go either. Sorry. I used to hit 3-4 a season, and now I'm lucky to hit one. Lots of guys are in the same boat.

There is a bright side however...if you can learn to place the ball or go oppo for singles RELIABLY (.800+), you will be appreciated way more than the guy who hits 400+ foot moonshots.

Personally, I have stopped trying to bomb them. As a lefty I work on going oppo to LF or short-arming flare singles into OF holes. I admit it looks super-gay to half swing a ball 120" into shallow OF, but my OBP has never been higher.

Sezar2

Addicted to Softballfans
I have tried the SV/ST and hit OK with them. I pulled out my old 30oz Rush98. It just fits my swing.

dponder

Addicted to Softballfans
Hate to say it, but if you weren't hitting out the .44 ball, the .52 isn't going to go either. Sorry. I used to hit 3-4 a season, and now I'm lucky to hit one. Lots of guys are in the same boat.

There is a bright side however...if you can learn to place the ball or go oppo for singles RELIABLY (.800+), you will be appreciated way more than the guy who hits 400+ foot moonshots.

Personally, I have stopped trying to bomb them. As a lefty I work on going oppo to LF or short-arming flare singles into OF holes. I admit it looks super-gay to half swing a ball 120" into shallow OF, but my OBP has never been higher.

This guy here gets it and is likely a great teammate. Get on base, that's all you have to do. Doesn't matter how, just find out how you can do it consistently and get the job done.

techjunkee

Addicted to Softballfans
If you play in an unrestricted multi-wall ASA league: IMHO

2003 RocketTech
2003 Worth EST XTRA (Red Sleeve)
2012 DeMarini Flipper

sirsmackalot

Softball Bombassador
My 2 cents on mush ball killers: 2010 White Steel (maroon) and the new Z2K.

I mainly play utrip these days and I agree, an on-base guy is more valuable than a 300 ft masher that flies out deep half the time. I actually swing a Nanotek in my utrip league and I'm just dropping singles all over the field while half my team are hitting 300 ft fly outs with $300 composite bats. The loud outs are impressive to watch but at the end of the day an out is an out.
I'll take my .900 batting average over flying out at the fence repeatedly anyday.

This guy here gets it and is likely a great teammate. Get on base, that's all you have to do. Doesn't matter how, just find out how you can do it consistently and get the job done.

1four

Addicted to Softballfans
I used the SRV5 Salvo for every BP swing and game swing this past season. We used the 52/300 balls in every tournament. Not a brag post but I did hit more HR's this year than I have since my last year using the Freak 100. My team felt like these balls were no different than the 44 core balls we used last year. Our team hit HR's, gappers etc. just like we always have. Maybe science could come with some small advantage with the 44 ball but neither my team or me can tell much of a difference at all. I think a great deal of this is mental.

jhitman

Just switched to the Z-1000 as my gamer over the Freak+. Just got a new Z-2000....can't wait to get that one broken in.

nate d.'8to5

Addicted to Softballfans
I hit the worth 52 cor for the first time recently, it was 50*ish and they sounded like pillows. Not looking forward to the change now.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
These threads should be more about how to hit the new 52/300's instead of which bat, hotter bats still hit this ball better, just not as much better.

I've noticed they exaggerate whatever you do to the ball.
  • Get under the ball and they carry like crazy, hr's are still hr's but judy's carry a little further and likely outs if you don't adjust.
  • Squaring up on the ball is the most notable difference, they still zip through the infield but lose that zip quickly probably due to being lighter. Similar to steel shot vs lead shot for hunting waterfowl, same muzzle velocity but the heavier lead retains it better.
  • Putting a top spin on the ball produces the biggest advantage I see to this ball. they zip over the infield, shoot to the grass, and lose all their steam well in front of outfielders. Someone that can hit these deep and get good top spin will be an OF's nightmare.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
^^^^^ This was my first impression. If you hit them squarely, they seem to knuckle more and if you go opposite, they slice harder toward the line. The people who complain about the new ball are the people who mi**** balls just over the fence, the 52 turns a marginal, undercut homerun into a lazy fly.

jhitman

voltage or z2000, end of list. i just put my voltage down for the Z2000 utrip.

I am still breaking mine in and it's really starting to open up. Still using the Z-1000 as my gamer for now. I really noticed a change after about 100+ swings with the Z-2000. Hitting soft toss on a baseball field and one hopped the fence at 320' a handful of times with the Z-2000. Can't wait to get about another 100 swings on it to see how good it will get.