Best tasting protein powders

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
If any of you use casein, try this for breakfast.

Instant oatmeal, I use maple and brown sugar high fiber, fill the pack full of water, cook in microwave, then add a scoop of chocolate supreme casein, stir with spoon. It's like eating chocolate oatmeal pudding for breakfast. I was licking the damn spoon wanting more, lol

KangarooNokona

Kangabilly
If any of you use casein, try this for breakfast.

Instant oatmeal, I use maple and brown sugar high fiber, fill the pack full of water, cook in microwave, then add a scoop of chocolate supreme casein, stir with spoon. It's like eating chocolate oatmeal pudding for breakfast. I was licking the damn spoon wanting more, lol

I love breakfast and I have failed miserably to make pancakes. I have finally perfected it.

1 cup almond milk
1 cup oatmeal
2 Stevia packets
1.5 scoops pbm powder
1 egg white
1 tbsp vanilla flavor

Grind dry ingredients until a flour consistency. Mix almond milk, egg white, and vanilla and then blend it with the dry. Makes a somewhat runny batter but that makes it fluffy after their cooked. I've never had any non boxed pancakes turn out like these. Add in some walden farms pancake syrup and their chocolate syrup and I'm g2g.

newram05

Addicted to Softballfans
My Favorite pancakes...

1cup oats. Grinded in magic bullet
4 eggs. Keep grinding
1 bananna. Keep grinding

Protein if u want...

Heat skillet. Pour.

SlapHappy

Addicted to Softballfans
My buddy swears by Beverly International UMP Cookies and Cream as the best-tasting. It's also like $35 for 2lbs.

I stick with ON Natural Whey and just mix it with a bunch of stuff.

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
My buddy swears by Beverly International UMP Cookies and Cream as the best-tasting. It's also like $35 for 2lbs.

I stick with ON Natural Whey and just mix it with a bunch of stuff.

It better be good for that price, holy ****.

So much disappoint in the ON Whey. Only ON stuff I use is the casein, mainly because Cellucor doesn't make it.

Morris 14

I've wondered, why is the walmart stuff crap? I've looked at the labels on their stuff and it doesn't seem to be much off from ON, Syntha, etc. Is it because people try to put out this image that they are way too cool for Walmart? I may switch to their brand that has 30g of protein a serving.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
My opinion over the years is that you generally get what you pay for when it comes to protein.

croe33

Starting Player
I really like the GNC Pro Performance AMP Wheybolic chocolate. I've tried a lot of the top proteins and this one, to me, is the best. Also probably the best bang for the buck with 20 grams of protein per scoop, a mix of Whey Protein Isolate and Hydrolyzed Whey makes it pretty fast acting protein. I also like the ON casein chocolate, it isn't the best tasting but I have yet to find a decent tasting casein protein so I deal with it

DRock88

What's the problem here?
I've wondered, why is the walmart stuff crap? I've looked at the labels on their stuff and it doesn't seem to be much off from ON, Syntha, etc. Is it because people try to put out this image that they are way too cool for Walmart? I may switch to their brand that has 30g of protein a serving.

It's really not crap at all, and very cost effective. I buy the Isolate all the time, but they're out of it sometimes. I don't think they have much of a focus on it, obviously, so you may go a few weeks without ever seeing the Isolate on the shelf. The rest of the supplements they carry, aside from protein, are complete garbage.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
If you're taking a isolate, a whey, and a casein protein you're wasting your money. You don't need a steady flow of protein every hour of the day.

KangarooNokona

Kangabilly

By crap I meant "stuff", not the profile. Either way the price justifies the taste when it comes to body fortress protein, ON however needs to step it up.

Onefiver

Addicted to Softballfans
Check the label on the Wal-Mart stuff a little more....chances are it is spiked with taurine and/or creatine and there isn't as much proper protein in it as they say.

It used to be spiked that way several years ago, anyway

SlapHappy

Addicted to Softballfans

You can make the scoop as big as a measuring cup and call it a 200g per serving protein. You need to compare the grams of the serving size (weight) to grams of protein...and how many servings in the container.

For example, I stupidly bought Vitacost ARO Black Series Protein because of price. 20g of protein in a 45g scoop, 50 servings in a 5lb container. ON GS is 24g of protein in a 30.4g scoop, 74 servings per container. I don't have to break down the math, but the ON is a much better value and the ARO would have to be WAY WAY cheaper to justify the protein difference. And even then, you're ingesting a ton of filler that you might not want.

So for the Walmart protein, compare how many grams of protein are in each scoop (gram weight) and see how many scoops are in the container. Then do the math and see if it's a good value.

Morris 14

Check the label on the Wal-Mart stuff a little more....chances are it is spiked with taurine and/or creatine and there isn't as much proper protein in it as they say.

It used to be spiked that way several years ago, anyway

I like taurine though. Back pumps suck.

dafox

Fox in Socks
You can make the scoop as big as a measuring cup and call it a 200g per serving protein. You need to compare the grams of the serving size (weight) to grams of protein...and how many servings in the container.

For example, I stupidly bought Vitacost ARO Black Series Protein because of price. 20g of protein in a 45g scoop, 50 servings in a 5lb container. ON GS is 24g of protein in a 30.4g scoop, 74 servings per container. I don't have to break down the math, but the ON is a much better value and the ARO would have to be WAY WAY cheaper to justify the protein difference. And even then, you're ingesting a ton of filler that you might not want.

So for the Walmart protein, compare how many grams of protein are in each scoop (gram weight) and see how many scoops are in the container. Then do the math and see if it's a good value.

Not true.... That's a complete misdirection of advertising in the industry.
That takes away from the important things....
The source of protein, method of processing, carb sources, fat sources, additives...etc

Personally I'd never buy ON...

Milk Protein Isolate is superior. (A blend is best -- don't do straight whey or casein)
ON doesn't state the % concentrate they use. (Concentrate is available from 40-80%)
Uses Ion Exchange --- (growth peptides are lost in this process)
Added nonessential aminos

IMO The best 2 proteins:

USPlabs --- OxyElite Protein
PES --- Select Protein

(Someone else mentioned Beverly UMP which I would put in my top 5)

Last edited: