Best under the radar bats for the 52 cor 300 comp softball

jhitman

Are there bats out there (under the radar) that people are not talking about that hit the 52 cor 300 comp softballs really well?

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
combat wanteds. my BO is pretty much fire to the point where i'm getting people at the diamond asking what the hell i'm swinging.

jhitman

Combat Blue Rogo

Never swung the Rogo, but have heard some good things about the bat. We have a local bat rep that use to let us demo some of the new bats. He's still around, but not enough where we can demo them consistently. I hate to buy a new bat without testing it out first.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Black/Blue Triad Miken Utrip... Everyone was so busy praising the white 2pc DC41 that this same exact bat with less EL flew way way under the radar. Same with the gray barrel Legit, Ressy, Hall or the balance yellow lettered ones. Doesn't matter. They go cheap as hecknow used or niw and smash 52 cor if you can swing Utrips.

I'd suggest Nighthawk Utrip too, but not sure given its price you'd call that below the radar. It rakes the 52s though. My go to, and I've owned all the Miken/Worth stuff at some point in recent years. Switched to the Mizunos, preferred feel and bigger sweet spot albeit a barrel that is 1" smaller than DC or Legits.

Another notable if you like bendy 2pc bats; Combat Assault G4 Orange or Black w/ Orange lettering in SE model. Or that year's BHOSE (Black/White Utrip 2pc - Not the Wanted platform, but the one shaped a lot like a DC41) all 3 were same bat but different paint and absolutely smash the 52s in their early life. Unfortunately to me, like all Combats after 400 hits on them they just seem dead.

When it comes to ASA, I don't think I've hit better than J3A to date.

Jason Snyder

The OG Salvo still smashes the 52/300 balls. I swung the Demarini bats and the Salvo still wins. I keep going back to it for the pop.

stickin2j

Good clean family fun
Another Sonic+ vote, and yes, from what I can recall one of the heaviest endloads in recent history.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Hit those Sonic+ with every ball under the sun for the first 500 or more.... Then go hit a 52 and you will be delighted. I didn't think to list that option earlier, but we have 3-4 guys who swing nothing but. And after 500 BP hits of whatever and including hard balls, you see a little webbing and then she's straight fire. One of my teammates is easily 2500+ hits with all kinds of balls including rocks in his. Not even a sign of wear. Our local LS rep is at 10 000+ and counting on his. That Sonic+ demo has had the piss beat out of it by all ballers across Canada I think LOL.

ryanclink

goes hard your way catch
I've only been swinging the USA Aftermath with the aluminum handle from 15 and I can't imagine putting it down.

wdwlodge

Addicted to Softballfans
I've been really happy with my '14 Boombah Boss ASA. Give it about 250 swings to really open up. It's a stiff 2-piece and with very little endload. I haven't swung the '15 or '16 but I hear they're just as good. You can still get the '14 for about $90.

jhitman

Black/Blue Triad Miken Utrip... Everyone was so busy praising the white 2pc DC41 that this same exact bat with less EL flew way way under the radar. Same with the gray barrel Legit, Ressy, Hall or the balance yellow lettered ones. Doesn't matter. They go cheap as hecknow used or niw and smash 52 cor if you can swing Utrips.

I'd suggest Nighthawk Utrip too, but not sure given its price you'd call that below the radar. It rakes the 52s though. My go to, and I've owned all the Miken/Worth stuff at some point in recent years. Switched to the Mizunos, preferred feel and bigger sweet spot albeit a barrel that is 1" smaller than DC or Legits.

Another notable if you like bendy 2pc bats; Combat Assault G4 Orange or Black w/ Orange lettering in SE model. Or that year's BHOSE (Black/White Utrip 2pc - Not the Wanted platform, but the one shaped a lot like a DC41) all 3 were same bat but different paint and absolutely smash the 52s in their early life. Unfortunately to me, like all Combats after 400 hits on them they just seem dead.

When it comes to ASA, I don't think I've hit better than J3A to date.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. I was looking at the Triad a while back but got the DC41 instead. I'm happy with the DC41 with the exception of the knobs. Sounds like the Sonic+ is a great bat. Might have to look into that one.

Dan411

Star Player
Strictly under the radar speaking, won't see many at league, and not overly hyped: Combat Guilt (only speaking for last year's model) and the Utrip Nighthawk. You'll get more feedback with the 52's with the Guilt. That Nighthawk barrel's pretty soft, unless that's your thing.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Soft, yes maybe to some.

I prefer to say flexy, trampoliney or bouncey. Very good rebound effect and a generous sweet spot. Add the handle stiffness and it gets a good piece of the ball with great exit speed. You do feel the wall flex snapping the ball out. But it is still a pretty firm feel and crack of the bat. Just nothing like an Easton or Blackout for stiffness of the walls.

Mine are well beaten and not slowing down at all one bit. Not getting "too soft" with time. Just opening up to a bigger sweet spot and then lasting. Proving durable for me, which is great.

By no means is the Nighthawk Combat Utrip that soft though, comes out of wrapper like a well worked in Freak 12 or DC41 feel wise.

I've had several Utrip Combats that start soft and after 300-400 hits they have tonnes of paint cracks and feel dead with diminished performance noticeably. Gets too soft, like trying to beat the ball with a foam bat. Most famously the 1pc and 2pc Assault G4 bats.

That Nighthawk barrel's pretty soft, unless that's your thing.

lx_2nv

Coach
Wow....my DC41 is really hot so I'm surprised that this Guilt is as good. Have to look into getting one.

If you can find last years especially. Maybe I was me - but I hit harder and deeper balls with that than I did my DC. It's a very forgiving bat which helps my swing LOL

Thomas94587

Addicted to Softballfans
Combat BHose Wanted ('14) ... it hits pretty well on 52's and i swung Combat Plague Legends is doing very well on 52's too..

i mainly swing Easton only but Salvo did very well as my two combat bats too. I havent swing my 100h and ST100 on 52, but this weekend: i will test 'em to swing on 52's.

Krush411

Manager
Under the radar? How about the new Baden Axe Avenge bat? Dude on my team absolutely destroyed the ball with one. Probably went at least 350 feet. Going to try the new one myself.

jhitman

I traded my '14 Aftermath because my Utrip Super Z hits the 52s better IMO

Is the USSSA Super Z as good as the Z-1000? I hit the Z-1000, 2000 & 3000 and thought the first Z was the best of the bunch. Had a real nice heavy endload compared to the others.