Best weight loss supplement on the market

Dirt27

Cage Bomb Hero
We do. And no one is debating your second point either (the first part at least).

But our point is that being in a caloric deficit is not necessarily the only way to burn fat. It is possible to burn fat at maintenance or even with a slight surplus.

In many cases, overall body composition is more important then what the weight on the scale says. Train hard and eat healthy and you will likely slowly eat into your fat deposits. If you're active, your body wants to adapt to make your movements easier and more efficient. Burning excess body fat is an easy adaptation your body can make (when given the right catalyst to do so).

If you have a lot of fat to lose, then of course a deficit is where you want to be. But it is misleading to speak in such absolutes otherwise. When it comes to the human body, it's really not "simple science".

^^^explained much better!!!! This is what I meant in my PM about "fat" and "weight" loss being used interchangeably.

Yes, it is true (and I agree) that fat can be burned even with a positive caloric intake, however, weight can not be lost. I think that is the part that is simple science.

kayakmaker

Average at best
^^^explained much better!!!! This is what I meant in my PM about "fat" and "weight" loss being used interchangeably.

Yes, it is true (and I agree) that fat can be burned even with a positive caloric intake, however, weight can not be lost. I think that is the part that is simple science.

I dont disagree with either of those post. But I do believe the results that come from burning fat during a caloric surplus are very temporary. Anyone looking to lose 18+ lbs should be eating with a calorie deficit. To me this is not debatable

Dirt27

Cage Bomb Hero
I dont disagree with either of those post. But I do believe the results that come from burning fat during a caloric surplus are very temporary. Anyone looking to lose 18+ lbs should be eating with a calorie deficit. To me this is not debatable

Corndiggity and I discussed this via PM. The problem lies in that "burning fat" and "losing weight" are used interchangeably and can be confusing (which I think is what happened between he and I).

Agreed, if one is overweight, they need to concentrate on being in a caloric deficit and not burning fat or working out in the "fat burning" zone. They need to cut their calories and do so intelligently (eating "healthier") a 250 calorie chicken breast or 250 calories in fruits, instead of a single 250 calorie donut while incorporating an exercise regiment.

More of the burning fat, while being in a caloric surplus would be for trained individuals who understand that they can burn more fat as a percentage, while doing specific exercises (exercising in the morning, before eating, at a low intensity for instance) and would probably not be beneficial in the long term as far as weight/fat loss unless the goal was to gain weight.

Onefiver

Addicted to Softballfans
I'd like to see evidence of burning fat whilst in a surplus in trained folks over a long period of time - ie not newbie training recomp changes or short term transient stuff.

I've seen stuff that shows overfeeding with protein leads to less fat gain (not no fat gain, mind you) and more lean mass as compared to overfeeding on other stuff...

redbirdfan1

Focker
The best fat loss stack you can still get is the good ol ECA combo.

Aside from that there are a few things that are a nice adder to a good diet and exercise program but it's all about moderation, good food choices, and hard work.

hrdchrgin13

Grenade

I lost 15lbs while using it.

It made me sweat profusely and it gave me a headache when I used a full dose per day.

I recommend it to everybody

Onefiver

Addicted to Softballfans
Sound lovely! ;)

On a side note, I had built up a Quest bar tolerance whereby the fiber didn't bother me so much. But I stopped eating them for several months. Lots of running around yesterday so I ate 2 to get my protein and calories. Spending a lot of time at the "quick weightloss clinic" today... And the sound is quite comical.

The new cookies n cream are good, though.

Last edited:

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
The best fat loss stack you can still get is the good ol ECA combo.

Aside from that there are a few things that are a nice adder to a good diet and exercise program but it's all about moderation, good food choices, and hard work.

I agree ECA is the best if you're dead set on a fat burner. Just monitor your blood pressure and avoid using it if you're going to be in the heat all day.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
Agreed.....who needs real life ****ty advice from people who aren't qualified to give any when you can get it right here

edvedsfb

Addicted to Softballfans
Corndiggity and I discussed this via PM. The problem lies in that "burning fat" and "losing weight" are used interchangeably and can be confusing (which I think is what happened between he and I).

Agreed, if one is overweight, they need to concentrate on being in a caloric deficit and not burning fat or working out in the "fat burning" zone. They need to cut their calories and do so intelligently (eating "healthier") a 250 calorie chicken breast or 250 calories in fruits, instead of a single 250 calorie donut while incorporating an exercise regiment.

More of the burning fat, while being in a caloric surplus would be for trained individuals who understand that they can burn more fat as a percentage, while doing specific exercises (exercising in the morning, before eating, at a low intensity for instance) and would probably not be beneficial in the long term as far as weight/fat loss unless the goal was to gain weight.

This peaked my interest here. I'm trying to lose weight and I'm significantly overweight. I read that the best way to burn fat with your workout is to work out in the morning before eating so that your body will burn stored fat instead of new consumption. This is while I'm on a diet that cuts out carbs.

So I try to eat a very light dinner, hopefully burn that off during sleep, and then go to the gym in the morning for high weight workout and cardio.

Should I be doing something else?

tap2284

Watching baseball somewhere
Well if you are signicantly overweight, you should be doing cardio and more endurance based lifting. To help maintain a heart rate beneficial to burning fat and helping with weight loss. Not worrying about heavy weights unless you just want to stay big. And remember diet is very important. If you are serious about weight loss, consulting a nutritionist or RD might be a good idea.

redbirdfan1

Focker
Well if you are signicantly overweight, you should be doing cardio and more endurance based lifting. To help maintain a heart rate beneficial to burning fat and helping with weight loss. Not worrying about heavy weights unless you just want to stay big. And remember diet is very important. If you are serious about weight loss, consulting a nutritionist or RD might be a good idea.
No. Not necessarily. There's a lot wrong with that post. That's what you do if you want to lose weight including a lot of lean mass and zap your strength.

tap2284

Watching baseball somewhere
No. Not necessarily. There's a lot wrong with that post. That's what you do if you want to lose weight including a lot of lean mass and zap your strength.

Ok.... so someone who is significantly overweight should continue to just lift heavy and low reps? Would think the guy would want to lift in the 15-20 rep range to lose the weight and then work on building strength.

kayakmaker

Average at best

I agree with this. I would add some (a lot) of hiit into the mix.

redbirdfan1

Focker
Ok.... so someone who is significantly overweight should continue to just lift heavy and low reps? Would think the guy would want to lift in the 15-20 rep range to lose the weight and then work on building strength.
at least 1 day a week should be dedicated to lifting heavy.

using circuit training with low rest periods is the way to go utilizing various low, medium, and high rep schemes as well as HIIT training.

PM me and I'll hook you up with a good pdf from one of the better fat loss gurus out there. Follow the program and you'll lean out and stay strong. I'd been doing a lot of research reading a lot of stuff and when I came across this it basically was a lot of that research put into practice in the form of a program anyone can follow.

Of course none of it matters much if you're diet isn't in check. That's the hardest part and the one I struggle with stopping me from where I want to go.

loaded weapon

Laying Wood
You don't need some pill to lose weight. What you need is the "want" and discipline to do it. Eating right is where it starts. If you eat the correct portions and look at the calories you eat along with your sugar intake then you can lose weight in a healthy manner. I lost 15 pounds in 4 weeks and I was not even that much over weight. 195 down to 180 at 5'10". In 8 weeks I had lost a total of 20. Most of that was eating with some cardio mixed in. All those pills are good for is lazy people who still want to go out and eat ice cream and fast food all day every day.

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans

2 guys at my gym are significantly overweight. They have been working with the guy that owns the gym for 12 months, and they lift heavy 80% of the time, every 5th week is a "de-load" week of low weight/high reps. In 12 months, one guy has lost 106 lbs, and the other 72 lbs. Most of the weight loss discrepancy is due to proper dieting and less cheat meals

redbirdfan1

Focker
Who is the fat loss "guru"?
John Romaniello. I actually came across his site and the Precision Nutrition site thru Eric Cressey's resources page. I find the info from PN to be among the most valuable and there is a **** ton of it to go thru. I'd highly recommend everyone to make their way over there. Interesting that PN once recommended the frequent meal model but now have started being a semi-proponent of intermittent fasting (IF). I say "semi" because they are one of the few people I have read that take the stance that whatever works best for your situation. Science has shown that it doesn't matter when or how often you eat during the day unless you are an elite athlete. IF has some interesting science and theory starting to really emerge. The other good thing about PN is their phased in approach to creating new eating habits. Really impressed with them.

DemariniDrew

You Mad Bro? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Caloric Deficit = Weight Loss

If you do absolutely no exercise, your body still burns calories, this is called your BMR (basal metabolic rate, or the number of calories burned while remaining sedentary). Any activity above this raises your calories burned per day, hence why you can eat the same amount of calories as your BMR and lose weight. Eat MORE than your BMR + additional calories burned while working out & you'll either maintain or gain depending on the amount of surplus calories. Eat LESS than your BMR while being a Couch Potatoe, you still technically can lose weight.

There's no such thing as a magic pill to lose weight, count your calories eat the right macros, be active, live healthy... That simple.

Do a search for a site called "If it fits your macros" and use their calculators to get an idea (not 100% accurate mind you) of what your BMR is and how many calories you should be taking in to lose weight... Safely that is.

WarHorse

Star Player
Best weight loss supplement: diet, exercise. I was 6'2, 140lbs going into college, then I put on a freshman 100, and decided junior year to slim back down. After the first year in the gym I was down to 220. I'm currently 6'2, 215lbs and well built (5 years later)

DemariniDrew

You Mad Bro? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Best weight loss supplement: diet, exercise. I was 6'2, 140lbs going into college, then I put on a freshman 100, and decided junior year to slim back down. After the first year in the gym I was down to 220. I'm currently 6'2, 215lbs and well built (5 years later)

Sounds like me, except my 250 made me look like a pear at 5'9" lol