Best/Worst Sniper Shot Ever

CoachStall

Curled Bill & Oakleys
Post your best/worst sniper shot, running bases or in the field:

Last night, light drizzle, hit the RC-RF gap, easy stand up triple. Round first full speed and get sniped...Hard. Half barrel roll, land on shoulder, and manage a double out of it. My knees, wrist, and shoulder are murder today...

But i did get a good laugh out of both teams. IJS.

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans
I guess I've never heard the term "sniped" used with this. We always use it when being thrown out. As in you thought you had an easy stand up triple, but the RF sniped you because he threw it on a dime and threw you out by 10 feet or so.

gregbishere

Shutup just Shutup
Slipped on first...graceful.

luckily I was there......it wasn't that graceful.......
falls.jpg

Camp

Giving Bitches Complexes
I had a double headshot playing some high level halo3 snipes yesterday. That count??

CoachStall

Curled Bill & Oakleys
Ahh i follow you.

Never heard it in that fashion (throwing guys out). Usually when guys fall for no aparent reason, yell "Sniper!", as if shot.

Darkness

Starting Player
Huh... I thought being sniped would be being hit by a hard throw. Seems to fit more accurately.

Huh... I thought being sniped would be being hit by a hard throw. Seems to fit more accurately.

Sniper calls are made when it appears out of no where a guy drops*trips and falls* for no reason. Kind of like getting "shot by a sniper" One second your upright, the next you are down. Hope this clears it up.

FYI sniper calls have been around my area for Atleast a decade....nothing new.

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans
Sniper calls are made when it appears out of no where a guy drops*trips and falls* for no reason. Kind of like getting "shot by a sniper" One second your upright, the next you are down. Hope this clears it up.

FYI sniper calls have been around my area for Atleast a decade....nothing new.

This makes sense. I've just never heard it used this way. Only heard it used w/ throws especially when everyone assumes the runner is gonna be safe and he ends up being out by a mile.

MN03

Addicted to Softballfans
Last night i was trying to go first to third. Hit second base with my spikes and the next thing i knew i was on the ground crawling back to second lol. Wasn't one of my best moments.

Waggs

Addicted to Softballfans
Never heard it used with throws. Thats called a cannon. Everybody see's that coming but nothing you can do to stop it. Sniper is what you yell when the turf shark takes somebody out. Get your softball gun lingo right.

CoachStall

Curled Bill & Oakleys
Never heard it used with throws. Thats called a cannon. Everybody see's that coming but nothing you can do to stop it. Sniper is what you yell when the turf shark takes somebody out. Get your softball gun lingo right.

I like!!!!!

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans

You should author a dictionary for us tards

DSNuts48

Badass
Was going after a ball hit down the line, had the awkward moment of half dive half fall and knew I wasn't getting the ball so I just tucked and rolled. Ended back up on my feet. Apparently it was graceful, but everyone still yelled SNIPER!!!

Aarodynamics

3-4 hitter
LOL i havent personally in a minute that i can think of but the last two days of games the coach on our team has bit the dust for now reason fielding on second.....

the first time coach was trying to go for a grounder and turn two but stepped on their glove and bit hard lol.....

second time was about the same scenario but i was coming from short and trying to get out the way while i tried to turn two lmao.....first one was funnier as i got to see it all happen

Camp

Giving Bitches Complexes
I "purposely dived" to first base last spring trying to beat a throw

Last edited:

Dogue

Evil Genius
I had my moment of grace trying to get out of the quicksand that we use as a batters box. It felt like a slow-motion cartoon fall - legs going but upper body falling forward. A quick thinking outfielder could have burned me like Francoeur did to Taylor the other night.

jesusfanatic66

Starting Player
Was rounding first on a seed to rc and low and behold that sniper picked me off...LOL and its even funnier with me because im 6'2 330 lbs and when i go down alot of dirt comes up and its just plain funny.

Another time i was playing first and it was cold so i was wearing some sweats my sister bought me that were a little big (thanks sis) and i took a step forward to field a ball and bam my sweats got caught on the bottom of my turfs and i hit the dust felt super embarrased since i was playing with some good guys LOL but nonetheless it was funny as heck!

oppo

Coach
During winterball, I hit a double and as I stopped at second, I didn't realize that it was covered with ice. I went feet up and landed flat on my back. I then had to crawl back to the base to keep from getting tagged out. It was not the least bit graceful. :eek:

MizakisBizak

Fat & Slow, but still GTG

Got a copywrite on this, or can I steal it?

TonyB

Addicted to Softballfans
I was playing third last night and a guy hit a ball down the line. I took 2 steps and slipped, realized I was going to fall, and turned it into a dive. Missed the ball by 6", but nobody said anything.

Old dirty basta

Addicted to Softballfans
Ground ball smoked to third. He plays it off hop goes to throw and BAM no throw. I got to first and looked over and as throw was come dude got shoelace stuck in cleat and down he goes. Guy on bench yelled sniper. One of classic lines ever for that event.

rolo030

Addicted to Softballfans
my brother had one last weekend he was playing RC and there was a shot hit in deep center. He takes four hard steps and BAMM he went down like a head first dive toward the ball...only he was still ten feet away. The LC fielder still cought it for the third out but than he spent a few minutes still on the field laughing and asking him what ball he was diving for. In his defence our great fields have huge holes here and there and he claimed to have stepped in one.