better nsa balls?

travis182008

Addicted to Softballfans
i need to get a dozen. do i get nsa evil balls or nsa dudley tas...both 44.400 which has more distance?

cfnooch

Addicted to Softballfans
both those balls are great.. try some lexum baden nsa.. balls are stupid if your play no hr and progressive dont use them. they are rocks and stay hard when its hot. never heard of them before until some one gave them too me. i was very suprised. i guess they make good stuff they are the only brand who have balls on the unapproved list.

eHall

Base burglar
You cant beat the dudley TAs. even the evils with multilayer dont compare.

There is a reason they are being phased out for 2011...

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
For some reason we sell out of our Evil NSA a couple times every year. Guess thats cause they suck:confused:
Get this, you wont be disappointed,
MP-EVIL-NSA-400-01.jpg

waylong

Banned User
If you sell out of NSA balls twice a year how many dozen do you sell in a year, for real 300-500 dozen or more? and trump is always out of NSA also how many do they freakin sell???

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Play it again sports in Columbia, Missouri is where we got our evils and it took them like 3 months just to get an order in. And once the order got there they were selling like wildfire.

iowa_kid

Manager
I've used a lot of different 44/400 balls.. bought a dozen of the evils and dozen badens earlier this year.. i was not impressed with the evils at all i think my classic m xrocks and ta's are much better ball.. in all temps warm to cooler.. I'm not bashing a product because i love evil/ trump balls.. xrocks and trump stotes are great.. but was not impressed with the nsa evils.. i just purchased a dozen NSA ta's so can compare those as well.. the baden lexum balls are awesome balls.. all the NSA evils went pretty much straight into the bp bucket, except for all the ones still NIB

Last edited:

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
LSX, the real question is how did they perform, were they worth the wait?

I thought they were pretty hot myself. Hit some NSA Super Gold Dots and the Gold Dots were mush compared the the Evils. At the touch they're soft, so you think they're mush but they flew really well. A guy we played with busted out some TA's one night, and I was really impressed with those though. I want to hit some back to back and see the difference, but I think the NSA Evils are definitely good balls.

i need to get a dozen. do i get nsa evil balls or nsa dudley tas...both 44.400 which has more distance?

Seriously, the real "difference" between these two is maybe a foot on a 300' hit. It's not like you're asking about Worth Toxic's vs. TA's.

If they weren't marked you probably couldn't tell the difference.

Cruel33

Addicted to Softballfans
Really pretty simple man, the 44/400 Dudley TA's, X-Rocks, and NSA Evils are all very good balls. I have been a long time customer of the evil balls but started using X-rocks this year because I think they have a little better durability and the ink doesn't smear on them nearly as bad as the evils after repeated hitting. There is a reason people have been talking about the Dudley TA's though all year and it is because they are a great ball that stays hard.

eHall

Base burglar
I think the Dudley is a better ball. It just isn't effected by heat. We had a bunch of evils, xroCks and tas is bucket. Lots of the evils are still left. But the tas disappear into the wooded area behind our bp field.

Live4Brew

All Stock.
Seriously, the real "difference" between these two is maybe a foot on a 300' hit. It's not like you're asking about Worth Toxic's vs. TA's.

bs, bs, bs, bs. I could. Without a doubt. The TA is far superior. Distance, durability, feel... all superior.

Kramit

Dont tell Bobby boy, he'll start an internet rant about how his product blows everthing out of the water and he sells out of everything. he brags about selling out of 300 dozen (which I am not knocking because I don't have a product), but that means he only sells 6 dozen in each state. Which means only six people in each state buy them. Lets say he gets a new order in evey month which from what I understand he doesnt have a fresh batch every month, that's only 36 people in each state buying a dozen each year.

That being said I played against a team that was using NSA evils vs our TA's last night and they looked to be pretty good. I would give the TA's the advantage. either way you will be happy.

Last edited:

Balco_00

Addicted to Softballfans
Dudleys are the best ball. I agree there is a reason why they are being tamed Illegal next year!!! Dudley tricks the compression to where when its broke in well its almost a 525.... X rocks are in 2nd with Evils being third. But the Deckers in my opinion are right there with the evils!!!

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Dont tell Bobby boy, he'll start an internet rant about how his product blows everthing out of the water and he sells out of everything. he brags about selling out of 300 dozen (which I am not knocking because I don't have a product), but that means he only sells 6 dozen in each state. Which means only six people in each state buy them. Lets say he gets a new order in evey month which from what I understand he doesnt have a fresh batch every month, that's only 36 people in each state buying a dozen each year.

That being said I played against a team that was using NSA evils vs our TA's last night and they looked to be pretty good. I would give the TA's the advantage. either way you will be happy.

Dude, stop trying to calculate how many balls we sell and where, you will never figure it out. Just know that we sold over 10,000 dozen Evils this season and have 12k being built Now for 2011, and thats just the first order:eek:. Remember we are the SMALL guy compared to Dudley only being in the market since 2003. Any time we can be compared to a legend like Dudley or be 2nd to them in the market, I say Mission accomplished
icon14.gif

Stretch19

Grow up
i like evil balls a lot, but if the opposing team has a good pitcher they can utilize the much higher raised seams and soft cover as a big advantage on the mount...the dudley TA's an the rocks are also good balls, you really cant go wrong with any of the 3

Combat28Mech

Addicted to Softballfans
Dude, stop trying to calculate how many balls we sell and where, you will never figure it out. Just know that we sold over 10,000 dozen Evils this season and have 12k being built Now for 2011, and thats just the first order:eek:. Remember we are the SMALL guy compared to Dudley only being in the market since 2003. Any time we can be compared to a legend like Dudley or be 2nd to them in the market, I say Mission accomplished
icon14.gif

I just bought some of your guys evil balls and love them. I think the product is top notch and plan on buying more in the future. We hit dudleys around us and for asa we hit debeer dynacores....I'd take an evil ball over both anyday.

eHall

Base burglar
Exactly. The thunder advance and zn are much better than other Dudley offerings. Dudley makes very premium balls and crappy cheap balls too.

The xrocks, evil and ta are very good balls. The ta don't react to the heat in the same way the others do. They perform very well in the most extreme conditions. I can't say the same for evil and xrocks.

jjdejong

Addicted to Softballfans
TA's are by far the best especially because of they way they are designed with the composite core.

RightSideHitter

Addicted to Softballfans
The TA's are the best 44/400 ball I've hit. Last year, I ordered a few dozen evil balls, and they were soft. The seems were also bigger than most balls, so that would affect the distance too. But the TA's I got this year have been great. They are harder and the seems are tight to the ball. We were crushing the ball this year. Teams were complaining about our bats, but I think it's the fact that the balls we hit this year were so great.

So go with Dudley TA's. Hands down.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
The TA's are the best 44/400 ball I've hit. Last year, I ordered a few dozen evil balls, and they were soft. The seems were also bigger than most balls, so that would affect the distance too. But the TA's I got this year have been great. They are harder and the seems are tight to the ball. We were crushing the ball this year. Teams were complaining about our bats, but I think it's the fact that the balls we hit this year were so great.

So go with Dudley TA's. Hands down.

To the Evils defense, the ball itself does have a soft feel to it but I've seen some pretty good shots hit with them.

both those balls are great.. try some lexum baden nsa.. balls are stupid if your play no hr and progressive dont use them. they are rocks and stay hard when its hot. never heard of them before until some one gave them too me. i was very suprised. i guess they make good stuff they are the only brand who have balls on the unapproved list.

Played against a team using Lexum Badens. Hot line drive to me in LF was knuckling like Tim Wakefield. Maybe it was a fluke...or the bat. Just curious if this is to be expected from these balls.