Buyer Beware Bigdaddytimo

jagerbomber

!!Full-time drinker!!
When buyer states " Ill give you x amount for your product", and the seller states "YES im willing to take X amount" and its agreed... then i would consider that an agreement... Its F'ed up when the buyer doen't send payment for 2 days, then come back on the 3rd day and asks where did the bat go.....
:eek::eek::eek: That i would agree with..

Joker

understand ur point joker, but guys its just softball gear. We need to move on. This happens in the real world all the time. It just means u really didnt need that item anyways. IMO. Karma will get them later on

no there is a feedback section for a reason.

When buyer states " Ill give you x amount for your product", and the seller states "YES im willing to take X amount" and its agreed... then i would consider that an agreement... Its F'ed up when the buyer doen't send payment for 2 days, then come back on the 3rd day and asks where did the bat go.....

24 hours, if the guy doesn't pay within 24 hours you can move on. this doesn't sound like he waited that long.

AJ22

Super Moderator

I agree with this especially if the buyer was online during the time period with no communication at all.

However, I still see this as part of dealing ..

- Seller lists a price.
- Potential buyer offers a price.
- Seller accepts or denies price.

Its all part of dealing .... when a seller accpets an offer, then its considered a deal, isn't it ? If the offer is a so called lowball offer, the seller has the option to say ''NO DEAL'', correct ?

FR20

<font color="#000080">Bleeding Blue</font>
I agree with this especially if the buyer was online during the time period with no communication at all.

However, I still see this as part of dealing ..

- Seller lists a price.
- Potential buyer offers a price.
- Seller accepts or denies price.

Its all part of dealing .... when a seller accpets an offer, then its considered a deal, isn't it ? If the offer is a so called lowball offer, the seller has the option to say ''NO DEAL'', correct ?

My point is lowball offers are out of control, everyone is fishing for a deal of the day, and a lot of members are not following through on their offers.

AJ22

Super Moderator
My point is lowball offers are out of control, everyone is fishing for a deal of the day, and a lot of members are not following through on their offers.

I think you are missing my point ...

- Lowball offers are part of dealing. A seller can always say NO !!
- How is it considered a lowball offer if the seller accepts ?
- I have no problem with any offer. I have the right to say NO. I do expect though when I accept an offer, to be paid within a certain amount of time.

In this case, wasn't there an offer that was accpeted ? Then another higher offer come along that the seller then accepted ? He only had one item to be sold. The first buyer did not lose out on anything, but I didn't think this site was about e-bay style of selling.

I see your point ... but any offer can be denied. When an offer is accepted, why can't members keep to their word ? Ignored pm's or lack of communication would be the only reason not to keep to the deal. I don't think that was the case here ....

Joker

if you accept an offer and the guy doesn't pay in a couple days and you move on and you let him know you moved on, then if he starts a thread like this, he will look like a fool and it will probably be deleted

if you accept an offer monday night and you move on to another offer tuesday during the day, the guy has every right to start a thread like this

mjs

Dodging bullets
if you accept an offer and the guy doesn't pay in a couple days and you move on and you let him know you moved on, then if he starts a thread like this, he will look like a fool and it will probably be deleted

if you accept an offer monday night and you move on to another offer tuesday during the day, the guy has every right to start a thread like this

yes.....quite simple to understand....

FR20

<font color="#000080">Bleeding Blue</font>
I'm was just trying to help all sellers here with some better guidelines, but whatever.
I guess it's only the sellers who are ever called out through whinny feedback threads like this one, and never the deadbeat buyers who send offers but don't pay? You never see whinny deadbeat buyer threads.

Last edited:

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
I'm was just trying to help all sellers here with some better guidelines, but whatever.
I guess it's only the sellers are ever called out through whinny feedback threads like this one, and never the deadbeat buyers who send offers but don't pay?

as it has been said before, if we created threads for this situation the internetz would explode. it happens way too much

Five-Four

Addicted to Softballfans
I guess it's only the sellers who are ever called out through whinny feedback threads like this one, and never the deadbeat buyers who send offers but don't pay? You never see whinny deadbeat buyer threads.

We all see what you are trying to get at, but you posted all this in this thread where the time span was, the deal was made the night before and then tried to paypal the next day and was told not to send it becuase it sold for more. Most people see that as being an exceptable period of time for the deal.

bigdaddytimo

Addicted to Softballfans
lowball is the word, plus this guy is saying words i never said, i told him shades sold for askin price not i sold them for $10 more plus i waited half of the following day for pp, never got anything so i went on to the next bro. im not going to wait all day if you got the cash pp if not don't. this guy said he couldn't pp from his pc at work why was he on sbf? if he could get on this site at work why couldn't he pp me from work???????????? i think he needs some cheese for that wine. whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

mjs

Dodging bullets
lowball is the word, plus this guy is saying words i never said, i told him shades sold for askin price not i sold them for $10 more plus i waited half of the following day for pp, never got anything so i went on to the next bro. im not going to wait all day if you got the cash pp if not don't. this guy said he couldn't pp from his pc at work why was he on sbf? if he could get on this site at work why couldn't he pp me from work???????????? i think he needs some cheese for that wine. whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

i think you are being the whiny *****....you should have waited....

Joker

i can get on SBF but can't get on paypal at work

Ddubb9965

The Bauce

Did you say you'll wait until later when he can get on PP? I'm inclined to stick up for the seller here, but if you said absolutely the glasses are his you're in the wrong.

However, the title should be "buyer beware, bigdaddytimo took an offer higher than mine"

AJ22

Super Moderator

Of course ... the other party with another side of the story.

But guess what ? The 'Buyer Beware' thread is about you, not about him ...

Why is it when memebrs are called out they always have some excuse or try to put up a front defending themselves ? Wouldn't it just be easier to say --

"" I'm sorry ... I waited what I thought was a reasonable amount of time ... but I needed to move these because I wanted/needed the money "".

Maybe then the OP would delete the thread. Just a thought.

AJ22

Super Moderator
i really don't care bout this shades are sold, this cat took to long to pp so i went on to the next bro. this bro don't like it oh well get over it. you boys that are talk smack, your tough guys on here to bad were not face to face then we would see how tough you really are.

Seriously ?

You just didn't go there did you ? And we are the tough guys ?

This will get good !!

Ddubb9965

The Bauce
i really don't care bout this shades are sold, this cat took to long to pp so i went on to the next bro. this bro don't like it oh well get over it. you boys that are talk smack, your tough guys on here to bad were not face to face then we would see how tough you really are.

ok...i'm finished sticking up for you. go die.

p17

okay tough guy...have fun seeing this thread last forever

p17

And for making threats, changing the thread to NGTG ...

I see the threats .. anyone else confirm this ? If so, NGTG !!

skip the ngtg, just ban this foo

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violate of any laws.

p17

the last post was for the name calling i didn't call anybody b**** for you bros that are helping me out thank you all all the good bumps.

AJ, infract this guy for attempting to bypass the filter that would have let him say the word '*****' anyway

Ddubb9965

The Bauce
the last post was for the name calling i didn't call anybody b**** for you bros that are helping me out thank you all all the good bumps.

I was helping...I always tend to side with the seller (innocent until proven guilty), but after the attitude you posted on here, I'm finished.

BTW you can say *****.

KDOGG

H.N.I.C.

Didn't you accept the offer? If is was a "lowball" offer why did you accept the offer in the first place? If you did accept it and failed to wait 24 hrs, I think the would be buyer has a reasonable complaint. Some people don't get on SBF at home, some don't get on at work there's a thing called life that gets in the way of the internetz. If a deal was made at 5PM then I think waiting until at least 5PM the next day for payment would be the courteous thing to do. Then it's fair game.