BLD's

norcal831

Star Player
Played my first tourney at a BLD facility in Manteca Sunday and all I have to say is wow, awesome place and will be my new favorite place to frequent on weekends.

Country35

Banned User
I heard these places cost money to get into....is this true, they don't have them around me in VA or in Chi where I lived

Prodigy5883

Addicted to Softballfans
like 2.00......................:rolleyes:

Lucky...down here in Texas (League City) cost us $3, however kinda worth it with all turf infields and nice kept outfields as well. Now, if they could only get the bad umps off the field, it would truly be perfect.

dj_morton

Addicted to Softballfans
Lucky...down here in Texas (League City) cost us $3, however kinda worth it with all turf infields and nice kept outfields as well. Now, if they could only get the bad umps off the field, it would truly be perfect.

Same story at Mansfield

pearljamfan32

Addicted to Softballfans

same here in gilbert az. seems like each ump just makes up their own rules

norcal831

Star Player
too bad they cost a arm and a leg

very true, this one was $10 more than my normal tourny fees

$3 with a token given to entry for a $1 off food or bev in the park. but the other place i play at cost 3 to get in anyways too

They brought up a good point though, 100 games @ 2-3 bucks = a bat

x2

norcal831

Star Player
heard they had a boatload of teams there this past weekend- hope you guys had fun.

there was quite a few, lower co-ed had 10 and "D" had 10 too. plus men's "e" had like 8 i think. We won the lower co-ed, should have been playing the upper one to be honest

The Mad Hatter

Addicted to Softballfans
Manteca is $3 per day to get in (I play there every week). Yeah it adds up over the course of a year but it's worth it to play on great fields all year round. Our league also plays 3 HR + equalizer, so plenty of HR's to be hit on any given day. League allows utrip bats and NSA style pitching. Box rule for pitchers - line drives in the box are automatic DBO. And Manteca has TWO bars with six stadium fields (Wrigley, Fenway, Yankee plus Angel, Tiger, Polo Grounds).

I've played at about 5 or 6 BLD facilities over the years. Palm Springs will always hold a special place in my heart (1st one built), but besides that one Manteca is my favorite of the others I've played.

Prodigy5883

Addicted to Softballfans
same here in gilbert az. seems like each ump just makes up their own rules

I think umps have their own website where they see who can come up with the best way to screw a call up:

BlindAsABat: Man, I just totally screw this one team from going to the king seat game, he beat the throw by 5 steps but it was late and I wanted to go home.

UmpsRule: Man thats sweet

I used to umpire a while back and I understand they all cant be right calls but some of the things I see aren't even close

Prodigy5883

Addicted to Softballfans
Manteca is $3 per day to get in (I play there every week). Yeah it adds up over the course of a year but it's worth it to play on great fields all year round. Our league also plays 3 HR + equalizer, so plenty of HR's to be hit on any given day. League allows utrip bats and NSA style pitching. Box rule for pitchers - line drives in the box are automatic DBO. And Manteca has TWO bars with six stadium fields (Wrigley, Fenway, Yankee plus Angel, Tiger, Polo Grounds).

I've played at about 5 or 6 BLD facilities over the years. Palm Springs will always hold a special place in my heart (1st one built), but besides that one Manteca is my favorite of the others I've played.

Statement says it best...yeah paying to get into the park sucks but worth it when you can play on awesome fields with true hops so you don't catch a softball to the nose trying to field a simple ground ball.

pearljamfan32

Addicted to Softballfans
I think umps have their own website where they see who can come up with the best way to screw a call up:

BlindAsABat: Man, I just totally screw this one team from going to the king seat game, he beat the throw by 5 steps but it was late and I wanted to go home.

UmpsRule: Man thats sweet

I used to umpire a while back and I understand they all cant be right calls but some of the things I see aren't even close

i know they all cant be right, its human nature and theres only one of them but in gilbert its not the close calls as in the difference in rules between umps. i play against a guy that umps on another night and even he says it bad

dychen

Phoenix SuperDraft
If you play league there all year. That's $3 per week times 40+ weeks. Add in 10-15 weekends of Tournament ball. That's still a bit of money. The league fees are higher then other places and the tournament fees are usually higher then if it's at a city park. Add in the fact that you pay more for food and drinks and yes it adds up.

Prodigy5883

Addicted to Softballfans
i know they all cant be right, its human nature and theres only one of them but in gilbert its not the close calls as in the difference in rules between umps. i play against a guy that umps on another night and even he says it bad

Yes I know what your talking about, ask ump about a ruling and he said one thing and the other said another. Yeah, knowing the rule book would help the cause a lot more

pearljamfan32

Addicted to Softballfans
If you play league there all year. That's $3 per week times 40+ weeks. Add in 10-15 weekends of Tournament ball. That's still a bit of money. The league fees are higher then other places and the tournament fees are usually higher then if it's at a city park. Add in the fact that you pay more for food and drinks and yes it adds up.

its just that mesa leagues fields are GARBAGE!! i hate them.

WCURacer29

Shady J Softball
there was quite a few, lower co-ed had 10 and "D" had 10 too. plus men's "e" had like 8 i think. We won the lower co-ed, should have been playing the upper one to be honest

sandbaggers! just kidding...congrats on the win- i had several buddies playing on different men's teams that were there. I've always wanted to play at a BLD, but don't know enough people who need a guy for a single tournament.

WarningTrackHR

Last Brawh Standing

Can you find out about Es for me? ;) cuz Forbidden, the team that won Es said there was 17 teams, not 8 :cool:

norcal831

Star Player
sandbaggers! just kidding...congrats on the win- i had several buddies playing on different men's teams that were there. I've always wanted to play at a BLD, but don't know enough people who need a guy for a single tournament.

kind of felt like we were, our 4 of our guys got re-classed to D for u-trip apparently... i'm a rec player at best :eek:
our girls are what killed though. our LF by far probably played better than most guys and we had two that were just savages at the plate and on the bases.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Bld

I haven't played on any BLD fields, but I did stop by the ones in Vegas and look around. I'll list what I liked and didn't.

Like: Beautiful fields. These truly are top notch. Nice dugouts, landscaping and stadium seating. Pro shop that sells all sorts of good stuff (though overpriced).

Didn't like: Gate admission, no outside food or beverages, you have to buy THEIR crappy balls at (I think) $5 each. Fields are also too small. These parks are like 280'.

Overall it's a spiffy facility, but to me the costs outweigh the benefits. It just isn't an economical place to play softball. An occasional tourny there wouldn't hurt though.

norcal831

Star Player
Can you find out about Es for me? ;) cuz Forbidden, the team that won Es said there was 17 teams, not 8 :cool:

I might have only saw one bracket... we never left angels field (went to wrigley for the championship game) and the mens were on the other side of the complex. didn't watch them too much, was at the bar most of the day