Blue Easton Empire, where are they now??

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
So I got one of these last spring and left it down in Florida. Ill be back there more often now and hope to get some more hits on it. Did anyone ever get one of these fully broken in to see its potential? I never hear anything about them. I know they had some paint issues but I dont care about paint.

lb16

the natural
Paint flaking then bat breaks not long after. Easton still hasn't figured it out on the seniors.

chile

Bad Ape
most people I've talked to said they're gtg but do break :/...I don't mash so I figure i'd get 100 hits on one?

lb16

the natural
Did they even heat up to todays standards before they broke
I got to test one of these out bat only had about 50 cuts on it when I got it. Performance was right there with most of the top of the line senior bats at that many cuts. I only put 40-50 more swings on it and paint started flaking bad. I was told bat ended up breaking in the 2-300 range of swings. As I said Easton still hasn't figured it out. This is the best performing bat Easton has ever put out IMO. But early breaking won't cut it with what's available out there now!

FIZGIG

Dead fish go with the flow!!!!
I have a blue empire that took 100 cuts to break in and right know I have about 600 cuts on her with no paint chipping and it drops bombs. I like them and for $120 u cant beat that.

lb16

the natural
I have a blue empire that took 100 cuts to break in and right know I have about 600 cuts on her with no paint chipping and it drops bombs. I like them and for $120 u cant beat that.
You must have got the unicorn of the bunch!!

camjo23

Addicted to Softballfans
I have the orange 2pc el...have about 400 swings on it....the key is to break them in slowly.....hit 50 balls off the tee at about 50%...then 50 more hard swings off tee....then BP....my empire is as hot as my 2pc melee...

33bomb

2018 SPA Winter National Champions 50/55 AAA/Major
Ok.... I've heard ALOT of people say these are junk... That Easton didn't get it right... All last year I swung a green 27 balanced. After about 100 swings in April I developed a small crack in the outer shell, nothing major barely noticeable, after about 70 more swings or so I heard the sound change, almost like a shotgun, and I was consistently getting 320 plus with HR's. It sawtoothed at the end of September in a tourney in Cincy. It had over 1000 swings on it.... A senior bat with 1000+ swings... Adidas is hot... But if you're patient... these will outlast and at least match the performance of the Adidas one and 2 piece. If you don't believe me check my facebook page... I'm swinging a 26 with 200 swings on it... The ball exit speeds were never lower than 80mph.... Just sayin....If you love Easton they're totally worth the money.... my facebook is Daryl O'Hair....check it out.....

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Im back in Fla Monday and hope to get a bunch of BP on it this week. I believe mine has close to 100 hits on it with Evil BP rockets. Lets see if it opens up this week. I have a green Adidas that sounds like a Maraca and its foolishly hot right now. Total game only bat but its going to be tough to beat that thing.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Im starting to appear to be you. I walked away from there with a Adidas 27.5 red 2 piece lightly used. I hit only a total of 5 balls today, got 1 out and 1 hit the fence. Hit a couple out at Woodlawn with it yesterday in 6 swings. The bat is still testing in the 1300s so its not even close. Very good stick at that #

33bomb

Ok fellas.... Listening to these guys who are "experts" saying the Empire isn't a good bat as compared to Dudleys, Miken, and Adidas Seniors... Well I think a difference of opinion is prevalent here.. I've swung Adidas 1 and 2 piece, Miken platinum senior in 2017, Worth Wicked 1 and 2 piece, and soon Dudley HOTW. Although the Empire does have a break in period, it matches all the precedingly mentioned brands swing for swing, with durability. I was hitting this weekend with a current conference player who plays for Easton, he picked up my 27oz. balanced with about 150-200 cage swings on it with a variety of softballs, took 5 or 6 swings with it... one of which easily exceeded 105-110 mph exit speed.... All major brand senior bats are hot.....depending on the level you play at you're allowed anywhere from 3 to 10 HR in a game. Whether you play on 300 foot fences or 340 foot fences (Smokies) does it really matter if the HR goes 301 vs 350? The beef with the Empire was that it was as hot out of the wrapper as it was at 500 and 750 swings...with no extra gear... We're playing senior ball fellas, if the ball clears the fence, its a HR... whether 301 or 341... I think you should use whatever you're comfortable swinging. As someone once said. It ain't the equipment fellas, its the operator.. So in conclusion, we're playing a game for fun and competition. If you think swinging a particular bat gives you an edge, have at it. As for me I'll stick with the Empire and buy up as many as I can, while I can.. Ask yourself this, if a major conference player swings it and thinks its hot and I think its hot and I'm nobody, that pretty much covers the spectrum doesn't it? Anyway it's all just an opinion...Life is about choices, make the ones that make you happy...

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
I played 50 Major plus the last 5 years and we are 55 Major plus this year and we have an Adidas buy in and guess what ? Ill have a couple Empires in my bag. I agree with the above post wholeheartedly.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
I was pressed for BP time last week so I didnt bring the Empire out. I will next time Im in Florida, Im just so comfortable with the orange 12 inch Adidas

33bomb

The blue one piece end load spits fire once it breaks in, dude hit a ball at least 400 feet this weekend in Myrtle Beach with one. I have one and I've miss hit balls 320 with it. Glad I bought one so much I bought another...

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
So the bat is behind my Adidas and truthfully I have become so accustomed to 12 inch barrels I had trouble being consistent with the Easton. This session didnt get that bat any closer to my bag.

2bs-into-1bs

I hit like a little girl.
I'm going to give mine a whirl this weekend. I haven't swung a bat in 2 years due to a separated shoulder. I'm a little nervous to swing again. I'll just take it easy and hope for the best. Got rid of all my 30's and will try to swing 28's. Hated to do it, but I'm not sure I could handle the 30's anymore. I might not be able to handle the 28's either. Any bat is going to be hard to beat my old 30oz Adidas Melee 2 EL. I loved that bat. I have a 28, so we'll see if it is as good. My Empire is also a 28. I'll let you know.

BruceinGa

always online
I tried the 2 piece loaded at Softball Mags Spring Training 2 weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised. While there i asked Brett Helmer what was the difference between that bat and the Helmer 44. He said the barrell length. The loaded 2 piece empire has as much distance as my Dudley
Btw, this is my first post in quite some time.

BruceinGa

always online
Ok fellas.... Listening to these guys who are "experts" saying the Empire isn't a good bat as compared to Dudleys, Miken, and Adidas Seniors... Well I think a difference of opinion is prevalent here.. I've swung Adidas 1 and 2 piece, Miken platinum senior in 2017, Worth Wicked 1 and 2 piece, and soon Dudley HOTW. Although the Empire does have a break in period, it matches all the precedingly mentioned brands swing for swing, with durability. I was hitting this weekend with a current conference player who plays for Easton, he picked up my 27oz. balanced with about 150-200 cage swings on it with a variety of softballs, took 5 or 6 swings with it... one of which easily exceeded 105-110 mph exit speed.... All major brand senior bats are hot.....depending on the level you play at you're allowed anywhere from 3 to 10 HR in a game. Whether you play on 300 foot fences or 340 foot fences (Smokies) does it really matter if the HR goes 301 vs 350? The beef with the Empire was that it was as hot out of the wrapper as it was at 500 and 750 swings...with no extra gear... We're playing senior ball fellas, if the ball clears the fence, its a HR... whether 301 or 341... I think you should use whatever you're comfortable swinging. As someone once said. It ain't the equipment fellas, its the operator.. So in conclusion, we're playing a game for fun and competition. If you think swinging a particular bat gives you an edge, have at it. As for me I'll stick with the Empire and buy up as many as I can, while I can.. Ask yourself this, if a major conference player swings it and thinks its hot and I think its hot and I'm nobody, that pretty much covers the spectrum doesn't it? Anyway it's all just an opinion...Life is about choices, make the ones that make you happy...
Im curious, what do you to measure batted ball speed? I had a Swing Speed Radar but that didnt measure ball speed, just bat speed.

33bomb

If you do you won't be disappointed.... They real about 200 swings to really break in but when they do you'll hear a crack, almost like a shotgun when you hit the sweet spot... Missle launcher

chile

Bad Ape
Finally put a few cuts on the empire .. Oh my heck. If this is "not good" compared to the top senior bats out there, then ****... Feels like they put an og FF on steroids right outta the wrapper...now I gotta play more 40+ :/