Body Beast Program Log

OneZero

Showboat
Starting a log to track progress with the Body Beast program. Myself and a couple other SBF'ers are giving it a shot. I'll let them know the log is out here but whether they post or not is up to them.

Plan is to update at least once a week with general thoughts on the program. I'll start by posting my beginning stats and updating them every 30 days. And not that anyone wants to see them but I'll post beginning pics and pics from 30, 60, and 90 days as well.

Feel free to comment or ask questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

OneZero

Showboat
As of 1 Feb 2013
Height: 6'1
Weight:201
Body Fat: 18%
Waist: 34
Chest: 43.5
Arms(Bicep): 15.5
Legs(Thigh): 23.5
Bench 1RM: 280

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
Good luck with everything, hopefully you and the rest of the guys stick to the program.

Curious to how everyone ends up. How long is this program again?

OneZero

Showboat
Body Beast Log

Week 1 of Body Beast is in the books. Tomorrow is a much needed rest day. I have been going to the gym and lifting 3-5x a week for the last couple of years, doing 5x5 and MM2K programs and have never had my butt as thoroughly kicked as I have with this program. I'm sore in places I never knew I had muscles. Gonna try and get before photos up soon...

Thinking of getting a 2nd round of the program going starting around the end of February or beginning of March. Get another FB group going and tie everyone into our existing group for support. The FB group definitely helps keep everyone motivated and on target.

Let me know if you're interested for round two...

OneZero

Showboat
Body Beast Log

2nd Week of Body Beast down. Can't say that the workouts are any easier but at least after a week I know where to start weight wise so I'm not killing myself early and running out of gas at the end. This week is the last week of the Build phase and then moving into the Bulk phase. Took a peek at the Bulk workouts and they're more ridiculous than what we're doing now and I really didn't think that was possible.

Gonna look to get another group of guys together who want to give the program a shot starting in March, more details to follow. Also, have a couple of friends that want to start the Insanity Asylum program - 30 day sports specific strength and conditioning program - I'll post more info on that as well.

Also, not that I'm stoked about posting pics but here's the before pics - I'll update with pics at 30, 60 and 90 days.

F68D8FC9-4365-4526-BB1F-AE6DDD3AA447-28350-000007E4229591DC.jpg

AA3401AF-6CC7-4916-97EB-D829EBBCE020-28350-000007E420F515DF.jpg

7E0681B1-9959-43CD-A7F3-D8818A7E8D86-28350-000007E41FA89797.jpg

OneZero

Showboat
Quick update - as of the 30 day point I'm up to 206.5, haven't got my BF tested but think I'm about the same BF and waist, quick measurement on arms and they're 16' pushing 16.25 and thighs are just under 24. Either its just the volume of food I've been eating or proof that getting my ass kicked in the gym for the last 5 weeks has been paying off. After 3 weeks, the workout program shifts from "Build" to "Bulk" and the workouts get amped up quite a bit. One of the more grueling chest workout sets is Incline Bench Press where the reps are 15, increase weight, 12, increase weight, 8, stay at the same weight, 8, decrease weight, 12, decrease weight and 15 reps. A total of 70 reps in the span of about 5 minutes. That's just one set and there are a total of 6 total sets in the workout. I've said it before but I've never had my a$$ so thoroughly kicked in the gym before.

If you're interested in the program, I'll send you the first 3 weeks of workouts - give it a shot and if you like it give me a shout and I'll get you hooked up with the entire program.