BOSU squat muscle soreness problem

scabnews

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm recovering from a broken femur and hip. I quit taking the painkillers and muscle relaxers this week. I was never great at squatting. I was strong enough to throw guys around in judo, but a loser at the squat rack.

My normal P.T. guy was out sick yesterday so i had a replacement guy. He had me do squats on an upside down bosu ball. I'm having a hard time balancing on the ground when I walk, this was very tough to do. Then he pointed out that I draw my knees in, so he had me spread them out on the downward part of the rep.

Today it feels like my body is trying to reject my ass like a badly matched organ transplant. I foolishly sat down and the toilet and everything started cramping, then I drove my car for about 45 minutes and could not get out.

I have never experienced muscle soreness like this before. Does anybody have an idea of what I can do to relieve this?

DSNuts48

Badass
I'm recovering from a broken femur and hip. I quit taking the painkillers and muscle relaxers this week. I was never great at squatting. I was strong enough to throw guys around in judo, but a loser at the squat rack.

My normal P.T. guy was out sick yesterday so i had a replacement guy. He had me do squats on an upside down bosu ball. I'm having a hard time balancing on the ground when I walk, this was very tough to do. Then he pointed out that I draw my knees in, so he had me spread them out on the downward part of the rep.

Today it feels like my body is trying to reject my ass like a badly matched organ transplant. I foolishly sat down and the toilet and everything started cramping, then I drove my car for about 45 minutes and could not get out.

I have never experienced muscle soreness like this before. Does anybody have an idea of what I can do to relieve this?

Try foam rolling? Stretching?

wcoastsoftball

This is usually a weak glute complex. If you have continued issues PM me. The soreness, basically will need to back off quite a bit next session. Drink lots of water.

scabnews

Addicted to Softballfans
Did it again today. Sat in a tub full of really friggin hot water before bed. Drank a bunch of water. It's about 45 minute drive to get home. I think I am going to try eating something before the ride home on Monday. Nuked my legs today. Never thought I would say that about P.T., but they are toast.

The Vapors

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm a fan of foam rolling, hot bath w/Epsom salt, and drinking a lot of water. I foam roll around 3x/week and baths 1-2x/week but I haven't had DOMs in a long while.

scabnews

Addicted to Softballfans
The problem with foam rolling is that the leg is so atrophied that when we tried it, the muscle want thick enough and rolling the fracture site was excruciating. If I took a cookie roller and covered it in a few layers of pipe insulation, do you think I could roll that on my legs and help them?

DSNuts48

Badass
The problem with foam rolling is that the leg is so atrophied that when we tried it, the muscle want thick enough and rolling the fracture site was excruciating. If I took a cookie roller and covered it in a few layers of pipe insulation, do you think I could roll that on my legs and help them?

Do you have a softball? Racquetball? With a ball you could apply the pressure. Pipe insulation on a cookie roller would work. You will have to work up to a denser foam, so go with something soft. Even a noodle float from a pool.