BP balls in the rain

stpws40

Addicted to Softballfans
I had a duffle bag in the back of my truck full of bp balls and it rained on them all day. Do you think that will effect them in any way?

phoenix26

<font color="#228B22">SBF Fund Donor</font>
If they are synthetic covers you might be alright.
If they are leather covers..maybe not.

Pete D

Addicted to Softballfans
Even if synthetic I wouldn't hit them until completely dried out - completely - weigh them out against some dry ones if you have a postal scale like what we use for bats if not wait for quite awhile

phoenix26

<font color="#228B22">SBF Fund Donor</font>
Even if synthetic I wouldn't hit them until completely dried out - completely - weigh them out against some dry ones if you have a postal scale like what we use for bats if not wait for quite awhile

Good idea. Should be around 6.5oz's

Worm

<font color="#FF3030">I'm CrEePy & I'm CrAwLy</fon
Agreed.... If they are soaked and weigh more, you will break your bats much easier if you hit them.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Exactly. If you live in the south leaving them in the garage opened up for a week should do it. If not spread them out on some concrete if you can. They won't hit well, but you don't need that for bp. People always ***** about my bp balls, but they're round and if you hit them out you know you hit it.

mihklo

Exactly. If you live in the south leaving them in the garage opened up for a week should do it. If not spread them out on some concrete if you can. They won't hit well, but you don't need that for bp. People always ***** about my bp balls, but they're round and if you hit them out you know you hit it.

Prob the same guys that don't have any of their own too

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Absolutely. Never go to get homeruns, etc. You know the guys.

On a slightly different note, I hit last year with a guy that has 3 or 4 dozen rubber balls. They're very old, but they're like someone put a thin layer of rubber over a regular softball. You can hit them in any weather, and they won't hurt your bat anyway. He has two types he bought from stores years ago on closeout and the polycore ones fly as well as any regular ball. They're great for bp.