BP Session 7-5-14 Mizuno Blackout

Softball.com:

Waggs

Addicted to Softballfans
First guy. Relax grip and lineup door knock knuckles or maybe even play with some overlap grips. Striding forward the timing is off more times than not and contact is made with weight out front and wrists rolling over on contact. All the groundballs are from this. Not 1 grounder was hit hard. Got to time pitch according to arc and velocity not same on every pitch. Swinging all arms which probably works ok because there the size of my legs but you need to get lower half and core involved. Rotational power is being lost when your not staying balanced. Line straight through your body from nose to bellybutton to crotch needs to lineup throughout swing. Like a teatherball pole so you can rotate violently and quickly without resistance when hips roll over.

2nd guy needs to buy a pitching screen and have first guy pitch from closer as hard to work on much with pitches being everywhere. But if your going to swing at everything your stride needs to adjust to pitch location. Most of the inside pitches you jam yourself and outside and short pitches its just an ugly half ass mess. Waving at it is waist of a swing. If you can't hit the pitch hard probably not something you should swing at. Swing wise your arms are straight and looping to ball which your catching it late in zone. Hands need to go linear straight to the ball and extent right at contact. This will help you with jamming yourself on nearly every pitch as well.

KootrNtrudr

Addicted to Softballfans
First guy. Relax grip and lineup door knock knuckles or maybe even play with some overlap grips. Striding forward the timing is off more times than not and contact is made with weight out front and wrists rolling over on contact. All the groundballs are from this. Not 1 grounder was hit hard. Got to time pitch according to arc and velocity not same on every pitch. Swinging all arms which probably works ok because there the size of my legs but you need to get lower half and core involved. Rotational power is being lost when your not staying balanced. Line straight through your body from nose to bellybutton to crotch needs to lineup throughout swing. Like a teatherball pole so you can rotate violently and quickly without resistance when hips roll over.

2nd guy needs to buy a pitching screen and have first guy pitch from closer as hard to work on much with pitches being everywhere. But if your going to swing at everything your stride needs to adjust to pitch location. Most of the inside pitches you jam yourself and outside and short pitches its just an ugly half ass mess. Waving at it is waist of a swing. If you can't hit the pitch hard probably not something you should swing at. Swing wise your arms are straight and looping to ball which your catching it late in zone. Hands need to go linear straight to the ball and extent right at contact. This will help you with jamming yourself on nearly every pitch as well.

I appreciate the in depth response. I agree my timing has been off (first guy). I've been trying to keep the ball down because I was getting underneath everything. I'll get another video up later this week and work on timing and rotation :bigok:

R. Boogie

Addicted to Softballfans
I feel you are standing too deep in the box. Move forward, towards the pitcher, so you can catch the pitches higher up. Then focus on your hips firing explosively to generate the pop you want. These are things I had to work on and keep reminding myself as I get older.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Funky Bunch..not aware?

He's saying you look like Marky Mark. I'd take it as a compliment.

I don't think you need to scoot up in the box as dude was pitching crazy deep, but in a game, yes you'd need to move up. I noticed it when you stopped one that would be low on you and it landed right behind the plate.

KootrNtrudr

Addicted to Softballfans
He's saying you look like Marky Mark. I'd take it as a compliment.

I don't think you need to scoot up in the box as dude was pitching crazy deep, but in a game, yes you'd need to move up. I noticed it when you stopped one that would be low on you and it landed right behind the plate.

He was throwing very deep which is why I was so far back.

Spackler

...got that goin for me
Pinky before you even swang I noticed your palming the top hand grip and knew it effect your bat speed...but this aint about me. Get the bat out of you palm and more in fingers, you'll be much faster at impact. Look at your bros top hand in vid cause its much better but don't copy his swing

cable_dawg12

Addicted to Softballfans
everytime you hit the ball on the ground is because your timing was off. When your timing was on, you hit some nice shots