Brady

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
If Manziel is in a Texas jail, can he really buy a ticket take the ride?

On BB playoffs, they should start them primetime for whoever is home team. If it is a west coast team starting late it won't matter so much cuz east coast wanks could give two ****s. Of course, if they are playing an ec team, they each get their turn. Besides, 5pm is earthquake time on the west side.

stork

Not that anybody cares, but he makes a good point
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...dge-sides-with-tom-brady-blasts-roger-goodell
Katzmann sided with Brady and blasted NFL commissioner Roger Goodell in his dissenting opinion.

"The Commissioner exceeded that limited authority when he decided instead that Brady could be suspended for four games based on misconduct found for the first time in the Commissioner's decision," Katzmann wrote. "This breach of the limits on the Commissioner's authority is exacerbated by the unprecedented and virtually unexplained nature of the penalty imposed."

Katzmann didn't like that Goodell compared the act of deflating footballs to the act of using steroids, which calls for the same four-game suspension that Brady received for Deflategate. Brady's four-game suspension was Goodell using his "own brand of industrial justice."

"I am troubled by the Commissioner's decision to uphold the unprecedented four-game suspension," Katzmann wrote. "The Commissioner failed to even consider a highly relevant alternative penalty and relied, instead, on an inapt analogy to the League's steroid policy. This deficiency, especially when viewed in combination with the shifting rationale for Brady's discipline, leaves me to conclude that the Commissioner's decision reflected 'his own brand of industrial justice.'"

Katzmann added that instead of comparing Deflategate to using steroids, Goodell should have compared it to something like using stickum. Any player who uses stickum is hit with a $8,268 fine for a first offense.

"Given that both the use of stickum and the deflation of footballs involve attempts at improving one's grip and evading the referees' enforcement of the rules, this would seem a natural starting point for assessing Brady's penalty," Katzmann wrote. "Indeed, the League's justification for prohibiting stickum -- that it 'affects the integrity of the competition and can give a team an unfair advantage,' is nearly identical to the Commissioner's explanation for what he found problematic about the deflation -- that it 'reflects an improper effort to secure a competitive advantage in, and threatens the integrity of, the game.'

stork

Now don't you all feel downright silly. Just say yes, I will go away faster.

Trogdor

God of SBF Poker
Not really. We got some PEDs trying to steal a coach before we had a team and heated some balls in the coldest game ever between two ****ty teams. Childs play compared to Belicheat and Co.

stork

Oh, you only rob gas stations and not banks? Ok.

I am making a new tee based on these. Don't respect the man, so have troubling respecting the decision. He was a ****wad before all this anyway.
10f509cea20a504b97f9512377aa5eff.jpg

Trogdor

God of SBF Poker
Plus aren't there like 10 other incidences that's left off of the patriots rap sheet. Claiming the panthers cheat 50% more than the patriots makes you lose all credibility.

stork

I didn't create that website, and I am not going to make an updated one. Ignore the clouds and shine on.

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
You do know goodell is just the man behind the curtain right?
Hate on him when he just speaks on the collective mind of the hive and get paid ridiculous amounts of money to do so just seems like petty jealously. You should just hate on the owners as a group cause goodell is just the face of the collective.

stork

I am willing to do that. Or likely pay less attention to it. Just getting old a grumpy and the product just doesn't give me the warm fuzzier like it used to. And I like warm fuzzies.

3XC

Big Truss
The Patriots are being very retroactively punished for the actual cheating many years ago, not the recent, relatively innocuous cheating.

Notice how the NFL singled out the only player on the NE roster that was on the roster during spygate?

This is a make up call, and not a smooth one, but it is a just one.

stork

"I hate the Patriots. I despise them," said one NFC team executive, who like everyone else interviewed, asked to remain anonymous for fear of angering the league office. "But they really should get those picks back."

stork

I think that has been established already. Maybe just random pouting.

3XC

Big Truss
Pats schedule somehow includes the Browns 3 times, the Titans twice, the Barcelona Dragons of the WLAF, Vanderbilt, plus the usual slate of Bills/Jets/Dolphins, all of whom consider losing to New England by 1 score to be a moral victory. Ain't no moral victories in the NFL. God damn this team would have won 12 or more games exactly zero times between 2001 and now if they were in the AFC North.

Getting homefield every goddamn year because their ****ing schedule consists of nothing but AFC East teams is ridiculous. **** this ****ty bunch of cheaters.