Brady

3XC

Big Truss
On an unrelated note did anyone read the piece about east teams playing west teams early have one of the greatest advantages in all of sports? 3 probably is aware of this effect to an extent but i think he will find it interesting anyway. It is like nfl sanctioned cheating and the league apparently has known about it for several years but chooses to do little about it.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2016/east-coast-scheduling-bias

Yes I have discussed it at length on here, and mentioned it recently when that laughably terrible list of preseason picks some "expert" guesser published, showing Baltimore losing 1PM home starts to west coast teams.

I say fuck em, because I miss the end of World Series games that start at quarter to 9 at night because of the fucking west coast, they can eat tofu and pretend Jack Johnson is anything other than an open mic night hack that became famous because he posed in a wetsuit. In other words, they can get fucked.

Football is the only sport that has logical start times so that KIDS can watch the finals/super bowl. NHL, NBA, MLB have games that require 30 million kids in the east and central time zones to miss the end of the game/trophy ceremony, and those are the kids that, you know, become the lifeblood of the sport. Want to know why baseball viewing is declining? How about you play the goddamn fucking world series not at midnight? Who is gonna let a 7 or 8 year old kid stay up past midnight 4 school nights in a 5 day period? Then act all shocked and amazed when that kid grows up an NFL diehard that doesn't give a shit about baseball. Assholes.

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yeah i thought you had brought it up in the past.

I find it funny that seattle has less early effect games than any other out west team. They have been complaining about it a lot it seems so maybe it is a case of the squeaky wheel getting the grease.

hrdchrgin13

In all fairness the Superbowl is played late on Sundays. Should be played about an hour earlier on Saturdays imo

skew12

Yes I have discussed it at length on here, and mentioned it recently when that laughably terrible list of preseason picks some "expert" guesser published, showing Baltimore losing 1PM home starts to west coast teams.

I say fuck em, because I miss the end of World Series games that start at quarter to 9 at night because of the fucking west coast, they can eat tofu and pretend Jack Johnson is anything other than an open mic night hack that became famous because he posed in a wetsuit. In other words, they can get fucked.

Football is the only sport that has logical start times so that KIDS can watch the finals/super bowl. NHL, NBA, MLB have games that require 30 million kids in the east and central time zones to miss the end of the game/trophy ceremony, and those are the kids that, you know, become the lifeblood of the sport. Want to know why baseball viewing is declining? How about you play the goddamn fucking world series not at midnight? Who is gonna let a 7 or 8 year old kid stay up past midnight 4 school nights in a 5 day period? Then act all shocked and amazed when that kid grows up an NFL diehard that doesn't give a shit about baseball. Assholes.

Well said. As an adult I don't care to either.

3XC

Big Truss
In all fairness the Superbowl is played late on Sundays. Should be played about an hour earlier on Saturdays imo

Starts at quarter to 7, ends between 10 and 1030 usually.

WS games start at quarter to 9, end after 12, sometimes closer to 1.

The whole "No WS day games even on weekends" rule is retarded and terrible and should be killed immediately. Especially considering the sport has a reputation as having all older fans, limited appeal to kids, and is not doing well in outreach to get kids to watch games. Grab this whole "baseball doesn't have concussions" thing even though WAY more kids die playing youth baseball than youth football, and get the ****ing postseason on at 7PM East coast time. Or better yet, a Saturday or Sunday afternoon start. God forbid, baseball in daylight.

Marshenko

Playoff baseball schedules make no goddamned sense. Starting a playoff hockey game any later than 7pm ET is ridiculous too, since you know a couple games a round are going to go into quintuple overtime and be finished two days after they started.

Stretch19

Grow up
$1,882,352: What a four-game suspension would have cost Brady last year

$235,294: What a four-game suspension would cost Brady this year

Stretch19

Grow up
yeah i agree, no biggie...im just wondering if hes gonna be able to get through all 4 games himself...hes the only other QB on the roster currently

3XC

Big Truss
yeah i agree, no biggie...im just wondering if hes gonna be able to get through all 4 games himself...hes the only other QB on the roster currently

I'm lighting a candle down at St. Jane's hoping that Brady's decline starts now. Peytons was somewhat gradual, with 2013 being "God of Football" and 2015 being "Stop right now you're awful" but I'm hoping Brady just falls off a cliff, so to speak. 10 TDs and 27 picks in 12 starts and a prompt retirement.

Marshenko

Kent State isn't really representative of what an NFL quarterback has to do. Edelman at QB would be, at the VERY best, Joe Webb-like.

Yeah pretty much, just talking emergency. My guess is they'll bring in Brian Hoyer for a few weeks, possibly Ryan Lindley since he learned the offense for a week or two.

Manziel to NE, you heard it here first.

Anyone can buy a plane ticket to New England, its true.