Bring yer own , or "Any" 52 C0R leagues

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Ok so after all this yammering, the real reason I asked this was in the past we have made some 44-375 Evils that didnt have association stamps and they were a huge hit. When we build for association stamped product we have to stay well below the top line of compression and keep a cushion due to variance. See its a dance to blend your poly close but not over and when running for thousands of cores the factory will error on the lower side as not to get stuck with an out of spec run. Non association stamped we could push it closer to the limit, if we were slightly over on a couple we wont face association scrutiny and will have the best performing product since most of the run will be closer to the top compression number than any stamped competitors.

billvp

Addicted to Softballfans
somehow I didn't realize you were asking about leagues which didn't require an association stamp on the balls

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
This cant be, the Nx3 was supposed to be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I'll be honest Bobby, the first few years of their existence, it was def the case for us. even used our older 2017 nx3's i think are harder than the ones we bought this year. But we also know that some of the originals nx3's i believe were testing harder than is allowable. today, your 52's and the nx3's are basically neck and neck. I like throwing them in together on pitch your own because the feel is obviously different and it may or may not throw a pitcher off a bit (probably not) but early on guys would be like what is this?

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
when Carl came out and said to not use the NX3's on new monstas and that he'd be able to tell:rolleyes: we bought evils last year and then i bought half dozen of each this year.

tonys1

While the owner is a massive jerk, his BP balls hold up much better than our game used balls that have been used for just 1 game.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Ok so after all this yammering, the real reason I asked this was in the past we have made some 44-375 Evils that didnt have association stamps and they were a huge hit. When we build for association stamped product we have to stay well below the top line of compression and keep a cushion due to variance. See its a dance to blend your poly close but not over and when running for thousands of cores the factory will error on the lower side as not to get stuck with an out of spec run. Non association stamped we could push it closer to the limit, if we were slightly over on a couple we wont face association scrutiny and will have the best performing product since most of the run will be closer to the top compression number than any stamped competitors.

With non association balls you can probably still use the multilayer microcell cover too. IMO there aren't any balls that perform as well as Trump microcell .44 375s or 400s. Not stadium balls, not anything. For sheer distance I'll take a .44 375 ISA or ISPS X Rock all day.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I'm a little hit or miss on Tattoo NX3s. I've only hit a couple of them, both USSSA C+s. The performance varied widely. One of them feels hard for a .52 and absolutely bombs. The other almost feels mushy and is an average performer at best.

I like those balls, but I'd still rather use X Rock C+s if I'm looking for max distance.

The one real positive I'll say for the NX3s is that they don't wear out or lose performance over time. Those balls will last pretty much forever.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
in the midwest and the past few seasons we've had some pretty wet spring and summers and just tons of humidity. the NX3's clearly hold up better in that than any stitched ball. HOWEVER, some of the balls the stamp is nearly gone.

Country469

the seems on them get nicks and **** too. Its easy to get them tossed out a game. Kevin had major paint issues on balls in the past too. His cores are always fine (cuz what maybe 2-3 core makers in the world?) but he cuts corners on production, and it shows.

My thing is if the nx3 type ball ever takes off, we need to change the way softballs are made, and fine a bat ball combo that plays well and is safe. Ball manufs don't do RnD, they chase the market.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
At a tournament a team (we knew them pretty well) kept throwing me in a nx3 with like a big section of seam missing. and i kept throwing it back and they twice threw me another ball, finally the 3rd time they were like its fine, and threw it back to me, i threw it back to them they threw it back to me so I chucked it into another field and then held my glove up like i was casually waiting for another ball.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
With non association balls you can probably still use the multilayer microcell cover too..
No that would not go well with todays ASA bats at all. I already have the equation mapped out for the Non sanctioned Special Blends. They will be really good and not trash bats.