Bubba Club Review

lakeyale13

Manager
28 oz Easton Bubba Club. Bat absolutely positively has the full 2oz end load as advertised. It makes my 26.5 oz WFF and 27 oz DB44 Juggy feel balanced in comparison. LOL.

If driving the ball is a part of your game this bat should definitely be considered. The end load just powers through the ball unlike almost any composite bat I have ever swung. The ability to "miss" and yet still drive the ball a long way is there due to the end load. Also, even though it is heavily end loaded, I did not have to change my swing at all.

Bat does have a 10" barrel but I didn't find it difficult to find the sweet spot at all. You hit the ball on the barrel ...you hit the sweet spot. I found it to be a forgiving bat...which is not an adjective I thought I would give a bat with a 10" barrel.

Furthermore, it carries the fantastic CRACK sound upon contact that the FireFlex's have.

Who this bat is NOT for...your valuable slap hitter or guy that just finds the holes through the infield. I think there are better more efficient bats for that skill set. Nor is it for someone who doesn't have decent strength. This isn't to say you need to be a powerlifter, but to swing this bat (at least the 28oz version) comfortably and without changing your swing mechanics it is gonna require some spinach to be eaten.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I agree with everything you wrote, except about the endload. I actually thought the Bubba Club had a weak endload. I've swung a 27 and 28 oz, and they were moderately endloaded at best. Easton has made a bunch of other short barrel bats over the last few years that had WAY more endload than the Bubba Club.

As for performance, the bat works. Obviously the sweetspot isn't large, but if you find it the ball will zip easily along. The sweetspot is way out toward the end of the bat. I agree the Club is made for driving the ball a great distance rather than slap hitting. Its also not for guys who have a hard time finding the barrel consistently and miss toward the handle.

Frankly, I think the Bubba Club is made strictly for hitting HRs. That's what Bubba himself seems to use it for. It was no accident he was MVP of last year's USSSA major world series.

dunkky

??? so which one is it? many have said in the past, endload wasn't pronounced as some other sledge hammers one of the biggest reasons why people were disappointed.

fyi guys, bubba dropped his sig. bat this year and swinging ice instead... maybe it will change, but for classic dual, he swung fire ice only. hmm...

Worm

<font color="#FF3030">I'm CrEePy & I'm CrAwLy</fon
??? so which one is it? many have said in the past, endload wasn't pronounced as some other sledge hammers one of the biggest reasons why people were disappointed.

fyi guys, bubba dropped his sig. bat this year and swinging ice instead... maybe it will change, but for classic dual, he swung fire ice only. hmm...
I own both and they both swing endloaded (not sledgehammer like a supermax Miken though) but the fire and ice has a MUCH larger sweet spot. I prefer the Bubba Gump on the harder balls as it has a stiffer flex and wow does it impress. Other than that, the Bubba Gump has nothing on the fire and ice. Btw. Both are the 28 oz.

Last edited:

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I have no idea why Bubba Mack dropped his signature bat. The Fire and Ice is essentially the same bat, but with an 11" barrel instead of 10". Maybe he wanted a slightly larger sweetspot.

I don't think either model ranks very highly as far as being really endloaded.

lakeyale13

Manager
I agree with everything you wrote, except about the endload. I actually thought the Bubba Club had a weak endload. I've swung a 27 and 28 oz, and they were moderately endloaded at best. Easton has made a bunch of other short barrel bats over the last few years that had WAY more endload than the Bubba Club.

As for performance, the bat works. Obviously the sweetspot isn't large, but if you find it the ball will zip easily along. The sweetspot is way out toward the end of the bat. I agree the Club is made for driving the ball a great distance rather than slap hitting. Its also not for guys who have a hard time finding the barrel consistently and miss toward the handle.

Frankly, I think the Bubba Club is made strictly for hitting HRs. That's what Bubba himself seems to use it for. It was no accident he was MVP of last year's USSSA major world series.

TW, I totally believe your experience of not seeing much of a discernible difference in the Bubba Club end load. For me I totally feel it. Maybe its psychosomatic for me. LOL.

lakeyale13

Manager

I cannot speak for any other weighting, but the Bubba Club I have in a 28oz absolutely positively has a pronounced end load. IMO, noticeibley

I can only speak for the 28oz Bubba Club I own, and IMO, it has a noticeably different end load than my 27 oz Demarini DB44 and my 26.5 oz Easton WFF.

Now, could the fact that the Bubba Club is a 28oz and is just going to weigh heavier than my DB44 or my WFF be throwing off my judgment...could be. But, I don't believe so. If you watch the BP Hero review on YouTube he even mentions a noticeable difference. That would be another great place to hear a different review.

Hiltz

Built for comfort

It seems like everyone who says the Bubba is endloaded is comparing them to other current bats. Nothing Easton has offered in the the last two years is heavily loaded, so the Bubba probably feels sledgy in comparison.

Everyone who claims a wimpy endload is comparing the bat to older Eastons. A 28oz L1.0 or L2.0 is a TRULY endloaded bat. They swing heavier than an equivalent weight DC41 or Legit XXL for reference.

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
I have no idea why Bubba Mack dropped his signature bat. The Fire and Ice is essentially the same bat, but with an 11" barrel instead of 10". Maybe he wanted a slightly larger sweetspot.

I don't think either model ranks very highly as far as being really endloaded.

2i06eeq.jpg

lukeamdman

It seems like everyone who says the Bubba is endloaded is comparing them to other current bats. Nothing Easton has offered in the the last two years is heavily loaded, so the Bubba probably feels sledgy in comparison.

Everyone who claims a wimpy endload is comparing the bat to older Eastons. A 28oz L1.0 or L2.0 is a TRULY endloaded bat. They swing heavier than an equivalent weight DC41 or Legit XXL for reference.

Bingo.

Bubba has some end load when compared to recent Eastons, but has nothing on a L1.0 or DC-41.

I swung the Bubba all last fall and really enjoy it, but dang I wish it had some real EL!

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur

This. When I say the Bubba Club isn't very endloaded, I'm comparing it to stuff like L1s, Kirbys, etc. Easton definitely went away from heavy endloads. Too bad.

BTW, the Bubba Club isn't REMOTELY as endloaded as a DC41.

lakeyale13

Manager
This. When I say the Bubba Club isn't very endloaded, I'm comparing it to stuff like L1s, Kirbys, etc. Easton definitely went away from heavy endloads. Too bad.

BTW, the Bubba Club isn't REMOTELY as endloaded as a DC41.

I have a 27oz DC 41 and it doesn't seem to be as end loaded as the Bubba Club. But, since the Bubba Club is a 28oz it is probably throwing things off as I'm trying to compare them by feel. I will say that I felt like they swung fairly similar...at least to me. You're probably right. If both bats were a 27oz I probably wouldn't be able to tell any real discernible difference...maybe even give the edge to the DC41.

lukeamdman

I have a 27oz DC 41 and it doesn't seem to be as end loaded as the Bubba Club. But, since the Bubba Club is a 28oz it is probably throwing things off as I'm trying to compare them by feel. I will say that I felt like they swung fairly similar...at least to me. You're probably right. If both bats were a 27oz I probably wouldn't be able to tell any real discernible difference...maybe even give the edge to the DC41.

Put them both on the edge of a table and see which one tips first.