Build me a workout program

edvedsfb

Addicted to Softballfans
My goal is to lose weight while also maintaining and building strength. Right now I weigh 298lbs. I would like to be around 225. I'm not opposed to doing most lifts but it's hard for me to do really intensive shoulder workouts due to some lingering injuries and I also can't do squats due to back injuries. I would say that my bench is above average but everything else is probably average for my size/age/shape.

I'm looking for a weight/cardio routine that will allow me to lose weight but still maintain and possibly gain strength.

Ideally I would like to do weights 3-4 days per week and I can do cardio 7. I'm mostly looking for recommendations regarding different lifts, reps, and cardio workouts.

TIA

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
You are going to get a ton of different answers. FroJoe and WCoast are very knowledgeable.

First off, can you tell us what you are doing know for lifts and cardio. Be specific as far as lifts, weights, reps, time between sets, etc.... More info we have, the more we can help

redbirdfan1

Focker
Tons of programs out there. T-Nation has a bunch based off your goals. Based on current health and previous injuries I'd (as usual) suggest looking into Eric Cressey's programs. He incorporates a lot of mobility work which has helped me a lot w/ hamstring and lower back issues.

edvedsfb

Addicted to Softballfans
nothing to add other than encouragement - go for it - good luck

THANKS!

You are going to get a ton of different answers. FroJoe and WCoast are very knowledgeable.

First off, can you tell us what you are doing know for lifts and cardio. Be specific as far as lifts, weights, reps, time between sets, etc.... More info we have, the more we can help

I typically go 3 days per week now. Mondays I do chest and triceps, my workout typically includes benchpress 5x5, tricep extensions 3x10, incline chest press 3x10, nose breakers 3x10, and dumbbell flys 3x10. If the gym isn't crowded I typically do two workouts at once, going back and forth between a chest workout and a tricep workout. I normally get a pretty good sweat going.

Wednesdays I do Bicep and Back, 21s 3x7, incline dumbbell curls 3x10, bar curls 3x10, lat pulls 3x10, mid rows 3x10, upright rows 3x10, and dumbbell shruggs 3x15.

Fridays I do legs, honestly it's an abreviated leg day. I do standing calf raises 3x10, leg press 3x10, leg extensions 3x10, seated calf raises 3x10, and leg curls 3x10.

For Cardio I do either the treadmill or eliptical typically 30 minutes on an incline on the treadmill mostly doing intervals from walking to a very brisk almost jogging walk.

SHIEK

Addicted to Softballfans
look into jim wendler 5/3/1 book for a good work out program. I am currently down 50 lbs started at 315 while doing it for a little over 3 months thinking of doing it a another month longer or switching it up

Matt1336

Addicted to Softballfans
I'd do more cardio cuz the extra weight is preventing you from doing some pretty important lifts. Or you could pick up the pace during your lifting to make it more of a cardio workout. You're going to do less weight by lifting like that but it might be more effective in the long run. It also makes lifting less enjoyable but are you really there to have fun anyway?

PHX5054

Addicted to Softballfans
PM Tap2284 He's a trainer and actually went to a university not an some online bs college to get his nutritional degree.