Bush League

3-4holeripper

Part Time Player
wouldn't that be ruled an infield fly (depending on the situation).

No infield fly is runner's on 1st & 2nd or 1st, 2nd & 3rd. Less than two outs any easily hit pop fly to the infielder...as long as fair....runners advance at own risk. So with just a runner on first infield fly is never in efftect.

twinsdad23

Addicted to Softballfans
Bush is when two defensive players, say SS and LC are running for a bloop fly ball and the third base coach yells " watch out" when the two are about to make a play on the ball causing them both to pull up am let the ball drop

OR if neither one was communicating(especially the LC), he could of avoided an injury. Although I agre that the 3rd base coach shouldnt say a peep.
I have participated in this collision(ss and LC) and I ended up in the hospital.
I was the ss going for the ball in short LC and the LC never called me off.

gbombs

Currently on the DL
Sorry to bring this back up.... but I'm irritated.... is pitching around someone bush league? I mean no pitches were close... I had 7 or 8 at bats and seen two strikes... one I let pass and other one I hit over. I believe I went 2-3 and got walked the rest of time... towards the end I just started swinging at ****ty pitches cause I was getting so ticked off.

CarlsbadDrew

Addicted to Softballfans
So we played a tourney, co-ed and left center keeps trying to throw out the girls at first, he has a good arm, but uncontrollable and wild. i call it bush league and the girl friend says what does bush league mean? i didn't know how to explain it in words. When i talked to the coach of the other team trying to explain that someone is going to get hurt with his wild throws at the girls and i am concerned. the coach says its part of the game..... granted rec ball and coed...

Why are you playing tourneys with chicks that are so slow a left fielder would attempt to get them out. Leave those fatties at the league nights.

It's a tourney. People paid good money to go out there, play hard, & win. Quit crying and show up with a better team if your players are getting tossed at from the outfield.

spos21ram

The Legend
In the Coed league around here, there is a rule stating you can't throw a runner out at first....Don't know why I just responded to a coed thread though

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Sorry to bring this back up.... but I'm irritated.... is pitching around someone bush league? I mean no pitches were close... I had 7 or 8 at bats and seen two strikes... one I let pass and other one I hit over. I believe I went 2-3 and got walked the rest of time... towards the end I just started swinging at ****ty pitches cause I was getting so ticked off.

Then their stategy worked on you didn't it SuperStar.................:D

gbombs

Currently on the DL
Well yes.. I started getting ticked off bout it... so let me ask this... am I being bush league by putting one of the outside pitches back up the middle the next time it happens?

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Well yes.. I started getting ticked off bout it... so let me ask this... am I being bush league by putting one of the outside pitches back up the middle the next time it happens?

If they don't want it middle...........They won't throw it there........:D

wackjob

Addicted to Softballfans
These guys were throwing the ball after the runner was on base... It's not thay were slow. These people are trying to make the espn highlights when the play isn't even there.

mattgame

Manager
So we played a tourney, co-ed and left center keeps trying to throw out the girls at first, he has a good arm, but uncontrollable and wild. i call it bush league and the girl friend says what does bush league mean? i didn't know how to explain it in words. When i talked to the coach of the other team trying to explain that someone is going to get hurt with his wild throws at the girls and i am concerned. the coach says its part of the game..... granted rec ball and coed...

I swear this happened to one of my teams before where a guy tried to throw a girl out from the outfield because she jogged out the hit. The ball hit her in the wrist and made an awful cracking sound. Her husband wanted to fight my outfielder and said he would break his effin neck! I almost agreed it was unnecessary but you guys are right. If she was running it out he wouldnt have tried and the ball hit her will she was just crossing the bag so it was close. Thanks for helping me clear this one up.

TonyB

Addicted to Softballfans
These guys were throwing the ball after the runner was on base... It's not thay were slow. These people are trying to make the espn highlights when the play isn't even there.
Then wait for them to throw it away, take the next base, and tip your hat.
easier to say, "if there's a force at 3rd"
But now you're making people think. That's a lot to ask, from players and umpires. ;)

BWood22

Addicted to Softballfans
We have a player on my league team, every time he rounds third(we have a commit line and cant touch the plate) he runs to that commit line and stops. Catcher gets the ball and runs at him, as soon as that happens he just runs home. Safe every time. Catcher cant tag him, so he just goes. Smart or Bush?

jsam21238

Addicted to Softballfans
We have a player on my league team, every time he rounds third(we have a commit line and cant touch the plate) he runs to that commit line and stops. Catcher gets the ball and runs at him, as soon as that happens he just runs home. Safe every time. Catcher cant tag him, so he just goes. Smart or Bush?

That's actually pretty smart

RSPoker

Coach
Showing up late to watch the game on TV, then not having the guacomole or avocados...

"That's Bush League, bro!"