Calling on the SBF Brain Trust!

Jomatty

Starting Player
Fold over palm looks so much better, RV for the win! ;)
Maybe, but as much as I love the pattern I found it didn’t have a place in my arsenal. Too small for how I like softball gloves and kind of awkward for baseball. The 207 on the other hand is a crazy sexy glove, that feels better for baseball than my rv’s did. If I was a guy that liked a smaller glove for softball then I would like the rv for that better. I don’t disagree with you much, but I’m gonna say 207 for the win, however unpopular that opinion may be!

BaseballFan2010

Addicted to Softballfans
What’s the story behind that glove! That thing looks amazing!

I bought the original 207 exclusive with hinged web for a great deal. I built a custom (NP7-13) with the same color scheme but added grey split welting. Swapped the webs out, and sold the 207 for a profit. Extremely tempted to do another "RV" custom!

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Extremely tempted to do another "RV" custom!
How so this time, what’s the plan? My begging and pleading Chad for a Horween NP6 / RV has fallen on deaf ears........for years! :mad: Chad’s never just come right out and said “NO Johnny, now go away!” So maybe there’s still hope? :D

StickCollector

How so this time, what’s the plan? My begging and pleading Chad for a Horween NP6 / RV has fallen on deaf ears........for years! :mad: Chad’s never just come right out and said “NO Johnny, now go away!” So maybe there’s still hope? :D
2020 RGGC entry AD special. I'd buy one.

NYC

Swag on 100.
Ever thought about swapping your rv web onto the np6?

MaverickAH

I have no proof but I'd feel safe in saying that if Chad is telling you "No", it's because Rawlings is telling him "No".

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
I have no proof but I'd feel safe in saying that if Chad is telling you "No", it's because Rawlings is telling him "No".
Chad has never actually told me no, in fact he’s never ever responded once to all the post I’ve made about this glove.

But if I were to bet, I’d say you’re 100% correct, it’ll never happen!

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Well, just like that Anna’s softball season is cancelled! :mad: My MS boys baseball season is cancelled, after a great, very fun win yesterday! Got the word directly after the game.

Anna’s a freshman, yeah it sucks but she’ll live, I feel terrible for the seniors, in both college and high school. As for college, most people have no idea the amount of work that goes into the Fall / preseason, NO idea! Now it’s over at 20 of 60 games in.

I couldn’t imagine being a senior on a top 10, or P5 conference basketball team and now missing out on March Madness, heartbreaking! Actually not even a top 10 team, just as heartbreaking for the lower teams who will make the tournament for maybe the first time in the history of that college!

Like to hear some of your thoughts and opinions on the Coronavirus? I’m not a huge conspiracy theorist, but............

StickCollector

All PIAA high school sporting events and district championships are cancelled near me. I feel bad for the kids that may not have been scouted to possibly miss out on a scholarship opportunity. Obviously this medical situation needs to be taken seriously, but I don't believe that the media should be fanning the flames or blowing it out of proportion. Just my opinion.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
i don't think that it's being blown out of proportion. if anything, i think too many people are taking it too lightly. we have a friend over in Italy and they have literally hundreds of people dying every day. that's not some third world country. not trusting news coming out of China is somewhat understandable because they're known for what they put out to the world but the stories coming out of Europe are terrifying. from what we've been told, US seems like it is following two to three weeks behind Italy. it's gonna be worse than a lot of people are willing to talk about and i think that is, at least in part, to prevent a certain degree of mass panic.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
i don't think that it's being blown out of proportion. if anything, i think too many people are taking it too lightly. we have a friend over in Italy and they have literally hundreds of people dying every day. that's not some third world country. not trusting news coming out of China is somewhat understandable because they're known for what they put out to the world but the stories coming out of Europe are terrifying. from what we've been told, US seems like it is following two to three weeks behind Italy. it's gonna be worse than a lot of people are willing to talk about and i think that is, at least in part, to prevent a certain degree of mass panic.
I get where you're coming from and I'm all about taking proper precautions but Italy is in a completely different position than the US. Italy has a largely "older" population and significantly different medical system so those two things cause a lot of the problems they're seeing. I do think we haven't taken the proper precautions (see Rudy Gobert being an idiot) as a whole and now that all these sports are canceled we may be on the right track.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
The lessons from China are that the fatality rate can be low (<1%) or high (5%) depending on how taxed the health care system is. So if the number of cases stays within what the system can handle, (e.g. there are enough ventilators or ICU beds for those that need them) then the fatality rate stays low. However, if there are too many cases all at once, the fatality rate can quickly rise. With about 20% of cases needing hospitalization, 5% needing and ICU bed and 2% of all cases needing a ventilator, the US does not have anywhere near the capacity if this ramps up quickly. It is expected that anywhere between 20%-45% of Americans could come down with this before all is said and done. That is 65,000,000 to 150,000,000 people and the US has about 50,000 ICU beds and 160,000 ventilators. Over 500,000 cases at once is about the limit of what the system can handle, so it is imperative that we slow the spread of this as much as possible.

https://elemental.medium.com/immediate-action-makes-all-the-difference-with-coronavirus-9bcf455ee641

Last edited:

BaseballFan2010

Addicted to Softballfans

I have another RV web in the stash, now I need to build a custom around it for a second time. Decisions decisions!

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Got the NP5 in today, I like it, very well made. It’s overall a larger glove than my Pro1000, there’s a certain member here who told me that, I’m hard headed! I’ve wanted to try one since the day I walked away from one at the MB outlet.

Couple of things, it’s stiff! The hand stall is larger than I thought I’d be, definitely looser than my NP6, probably closer to my NP7. The one thing that stands out the most is how squared off the heel is, it’s nothing like my 6 or 7, more Pro200ish family than the single break heel the NP’s are known for. It’s a great looking, well built glove, and my first Rawlings ever with scarlet embroidery, looks great, I’m going to like it! 2D19AF31-B5EF-42E4-BDBF-C4D3839A5B88.jpeg020B0E5A-6057-4641-B934-54C5CF00A911.jpeg A15EC89E-144D-48BF-8885-5BAF65E7614C.jpeg153BF246-4CB7-4D5C-956D-0DD3952ED271.jpeg 148DDF64-9304-4108-BF0D-99B21DBAF62C.jpeg

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
My NP conclusion, my NP6 & NP7 are really nothing alike, now this NP5 is really nothing like it’s two bigger brothers, it’s like they’re all 3 completely different patterns?

mpk

Extra Hitter
I'm also digging the scarlet embroidery. It just looks so good on tan leathers.

I find it interesting how the same family of gloves can feel completely different with just a 1/4" size difference. You would think going from 12" to 12.25" should feel like a very minimal difference but in reality it's huge!