Can I say Washington Redskins?

crdawg2521

PowerTek Performance Apparel & Lizard Skins Rep.
In light of todays current events.....Congress thinks they are racist? They even sent a letter asking them to change their name and Danny boy told them to pound sand.

Gateway Man

Addicted to Softballfans
With all the turmoil in the U.S., and countries abroad, congress really has time to worry about this? I know Abe Pollin thought was a genius when he thought he was doing the right thing because of violence to change the name of the Bullets to a midevil satanic sorcerer. And who knows, maybe General Custer lost his life at Little Bighorn because he thought it would be offensive to stab a Native American.

Last edited:

RightSideHitter

Addicted to Softballfans
And by Congress you mean 10 people in Congress. That's it. 10 people signed a letter. It wasn't the whole members, it wasn't voted on. 10 people who clearly have their priorities in the right place.

philphan89

Addicted to Softballfans
And by Congress you mean 10 people in Congress. That's it. 10 people signed a letter. It wasn't the whole members, it wasn't voted on. 10 people who clearly have their priorities in the right place.

Their constituents are big supporters they would risk losing precious poll points

They should rename the patriots the New England cracker honkys

Or relocate the buffalo bills to Alabama and call them the Birmingham Cousin ****ers

cyoung187

Coach
This just in. Mexicans are now offended by the "Browns"

That is seriously offensive, not really the name, just offensive to watch.

Raider29

Vinz Clortho
Cleveland baseball fans say there's nothing wrong with any of this, why the fuss?

200px-Cleveland_Indians_logo.svg.png

sleeping bear

Extra Hitter
Cleveland baseball fans say there's nothing wrong with any of this, why the fuss?

200px-Cleveland_Indians_logo.svg.png

Sigh....

Ill bite on this. As an enrolled member of the Cherokee Nation I am a bit surprised how people cant see that this is offensive.

What if the Browns had a sterotypical image of someone from Mexico as their mascott? That cleveland baseball image is aweful and unecessary. The name redskin was intended to be and is still seen as a racial slur. its completely unecessary and offensive. That said we are too much of a minority to make this issue matter to anyone.

Are they offensive to the vast majority of Natives? Yep.
Does it hurt or negatively impact our lives? Nope.
Do I think the leaders of this country need to set in to regulate biggotry that isnt harming anyone? nope.

I do find it funny that if anyone dared to name a major school or sporting team in a way that was offensive to say African Americans the same people defending Washington or Cleveland would rally to the cause of changing that name.

There is a Reservation high school with a mascott named the "Fightin' Whites" and has a fat white dude in a business suit and brief case squared up bare knuckle boxing style. which i dont really like either.

EdFred

every day I'm shovelin'
I do find it funny that if anyone dared to name a major school or sporting team in a way that was offensive to say African Americans the same people defending Washington or Cleveland would rally to the cause of changing that name.

There is a Reservation high school with a mascott named the "Fightin' Whites" and has a fat white dude in a business suit and brief case squared up bare knuckle boxing style. which i dont really like either.

New Zealand All Blacks?

I think the Fightin' Whites would be funnier if it was Fightin' Whiteys.

And for the record, the Cleveland Browns are named for Paul Brown.

Last edited:

Two_Three

Insert Penis Below
Sigh....

Ill bite on this. As an enrolled member of the Cherokee Nation I am a bit surprised how people cant see that this is offensive.

What if the Browns had a sterotypical image of someone from Mexico as their mascott? That cleveland baseball image is aweful and unecessary. The name redskin was intended to be and is still seen as a racial slur. its completely unecessary and offensive. That said we are too much of a minority to make this issue matter to anyone.

Do I think the leaders of this country need to set in to regulate biggotry that isnt harming anyone? nope.

Should of fought harder IMO. William Wallace laughs at Indians.

Laoch

Bearded. Drunk. Dominant.
I attended Martin Luther King Jr. middle school. Our mascot was a panther.

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
My high school was known as the black cats before they integrated but then they changed the name to tigers. Of course I was not in high school then but that is what they were called. I wish they had kept the name.

sleeping bear

Extra Hitter
New Zealand All Blacks?

I think the Fightin' Whites would be funnier if it was Fightin' Whiteys.

And for the record, the Cleveland Browns are named for Paul Brown.

They are called the all blacks because that's what they wear. My problem isn't with the color red.. But it's impossible to say its not directed at natives with their logo.

If they were called the all blacks with a person of African desent as their mascot it would be different and you know it

Sigh....

lmao they always cherokee hahahahahaha

Onefiver

Addicted to Softballfans
Someone in Cinci tried to name their softball team the Cincinnati Sambos. The LD wasn't having it.

JohnnyH

Addicted to Softballfans
The jersey shore cast got Syracuse to change Orangemen to orange. I always liked that nickname.

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Them cherokees got around. My wife's 1/4th herself. Her mom's mom full blooded....she says. I never met her but her mom had those cherokee cheekbones. nawwuimean?

thaynes

You can only be offended by what you let offend you doot. I forget why they got named the redskins but it wasnt a derogatory reason which I think makes all the difference. Keep the name, change the logo to a redneck with a piece of straw sticking out his mouth. Thats pretty pc