Any Can you switch sides inbewteen pitches (switch hit)

papo08

No Affiliation....
Do you have to stick batting lefty or right once youve taken a swing/strike/ball, or can you walk over and switch hit?

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
Do you have to stick batting lefty or right once youve taken a swing/strike/ball, or can you walk over and switch hit?

ASA - You can switch, but not once the pitcher is ready to pitch the next pitch.

Ask for time, make the switch when time is granted.

Sonic625

An Admin
Staff member
Yes you can, as stated above if the pitcher has the ball and is ready to pitch you cannot cross the plate. Best advise is to ask for time and walk around the catcher and umpire to switch sides.

gotcha_kai

Banned User
correct. I see that some pitchers struggle pitching to lefties. so I sit up there left handed till I get a strike called then immediately call time and switch back to righty. Haven't had no issues yet

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
correct. I see that some pitchers struggle pitching to lefties. so I sit up there left handed till I get a strike called then immediately call time and switch back to righty. Haven't had no issues yet

And what do you gain by doing that? That's kinda douchey.

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
that's no dif than picking on a bad SS it's part of game .

Hitting balls at weaker fielders is a generally accepted strategy. But standing in the "wrong" batters box waiting for a strike is just bush. Might as well stand up there with a wiffle ball bat and sit down in the batters box if you're just gonna hang out up there.

gotcha_kai

Banned User
Hitting balls at weaker fielders is a generally accepted strategy. But standing in the "wrong" batters box waiting for a strike is just bush. Might as well stand up there with a wiffle ball bat and sit down in the batters box if you're just gonna hang out up there.
not even close to bush. in tournaments walks helps your team out. just trying to do my part to get on base. so you don't take advantage of a struggling pitcher? it's not like i'm shooting lasers at his head

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Don't have a problem with trying to win in a tourney. If it works then great but it wouldn't work against a good pitcher and it puts you in a hole.

I am impressed by guys that can go yard from both sides in a game.