Check it out!

z00ted 85

Addicted to Softballfans
So I mentioned in the general discussion thread but these pictures deserve their own thread. I'm going to need a corneal transplant soon and that means I'm going to be out of commission for a couple months. BUT check this out this is my right eye...
e74ea6e4.jpg

That milky blue stuff is chilling on the inside of my eye and does not move.I'm almost completely blind out of that eye right now. Here's a close up...
0ec75cc6.jpg

z00ted 85

Addicted to Softballfans
Ahhhhhhhh back back back, click on back.

Dude!

I wish i could FK. This caca ****ing SUCKS!

You be coughing to much?

Hahaha. Naw man the inner layer of my cornea ruptured. I have weak corneas (Keratoconous) and the natural pressure inside of my eyeball basically became too much for my eye to handle, so it gave up. I knew i was going to need the surgery but we didnt expect it to degenerate so quickly. It sucks but once i'm fully recovered and my vision stabilizes i'll be better than i am now so i guess thats pretty cool.

jplum13

Eat the food Tina!
No wonder you've lost so much weight. You can't see the flippin food!..............JK, that looks rough dude. Good luck with the surgery.

BadgeOfPride

Addicted to Softballfans
i also have keratacounous. just diagnosed a few weeks ago. my corneas didnt rupture, but they are misshapen, not perfectly dome shaped, so ive been out of contacts for about 2 months. im getting fitted for hybrid lenses, half soft, half hard, that are supposed to forcefully reshape the corneas while i wear them and improve the vision. doc never mentioned anything about them being weak and rupturing.

z00ted 85

Addicted to Softballfans
i also have keratacounous. just diagnosed a few weeks ago. my corneas didnt rupture, but they are misshapen, not perfectly dome shaped, so ive been out of contacts for about 2 months. im getting fitted for hybrid lenses, half soft, half hard, that are supposed to forcefully reshape the corneas while i wear them and improve the vision. doc never mentioned anything about them being weak and rupturing.
We never expected my eye to get this bad. We had an appointment in September ready so that we can begin the process of scheduling a date for a transplant bur my eye just gave up a little soon. I was diagnosed back in 01 and have been wearing those same rigid gas permeable lenses (I HATE those pos) since. Don't freak out bro we just kept pushing back the surgery scheduling and it bit both me and the doctor in the butt this time. :(

Omg that sucks but you don't seem too frightened by it.

It kind of sucks but I've had 2 corneal transplants in my left eye so I know what to expect and what I'm in store for. I'm more bummed them anything because I can't play. I normally pitch or play 3rd and now I don't pick balls up off of bats until they hit something else (the ground or me:eek:), so I just hang out at the field. I was playing 5 days a week M-F.

BadgeOfPride

Addicted to Softballfans
We never expected my eye to get this bad. We had an appointment in September ready so that we can begin the process of scheduling a date for a transplant bur my eye just gave up a little soon. I was diagnosed back in 01 and have been wearing those same rigid gas permeable lenses (I HATE those pos) since. Don't freak out bro we just kept pushing back the surgery scheduling and it bit both me and the doctor in the butt this time. :(

the doctor gave me the option of staying in the soft or switching to the hybrids. i didnt feel like going through 5 different trips to do fittings to get the hybrids in place, so im sticking with the soft for a few months to see how it fairs. supposedly, as long as i dont rub my eyes, there is nothing environmentally that will make them any worse, it really comes down to how comfortable i am with my vision, that will determine what lenses i get.

jaj23

Eye Baller
the doctor gave me the option of staying in the soft or switching to the hybrids. i didnt feel like going through 5 different trips to do fittings to get the hybrids in place, so im sticking with the soft for a few months to see how it fairs. supposedly, as long as i dont rub my eyes, there is nothing environmentally that will make them any worse, it really comes down to how comfortable i am with my vision, that will determine what lenses i get.

As long as you don't have too much astigmatism, the soft lenses are fine. Personally, I don't like the hybrids. They are not any better than a good fitting GP lens and they cost a lot more.

There are varying degrees of keratoconus. Some people have major problems with it (z00ted). For others its only a mild inconvenience.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Coach z00ted

Danny gonna be coaching VP Flying Squirrels next season, gotta keep the boy outa the bars, LOL.
So u gonna be skinny and be able to see. Hmmm is a lead off spot in ur future :)

krunchyfrogg

It's all in the reflexes
As long as you don't have too much astigmatism, the soft lenses are fine. Personally, I don't like the hybrids. They are not any better than a good fitting GP lens and they cost a lot more.

There are varying degrees of keratoconus. Some people have major problems with it (z00ted). For others its only a mild inconvenience.

Like Stewie Griffen, right?

Oh squiggly line in my eye fluid.
I see you lurking there on the periphery of my vision.
But when I try to look at you, you scurry away.
Are you shy, squiggly line?
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line,
it's alright, you are forgiven.
images

Frisco Kid

Addicted to Metal
finished it last night, the last 3rd of its was all killing and awesomeness

Martin said that the one big "event" that happened in that book was the hardest thing he ever had to write.

Then the last two pages of the book are just friggin' crazy!!!!!

Joker

Martin said that the one big "event" that happened in that book was the hardest thing he ever had to write.

Then the last two pages of the book are just friggin' crazy!!!!!

which big event, there were 4 or 5 of them? i don't think you're going to spoil it for the simpletons who can't read in here

Joker

his style did get a little different in this one, telling the story of one event from the perspective of 2 or 3 people was some good writing though

Last edited: