Classic M 40/325

Dinger67

Are any of these Classic M balls worth hitting? I've hit nothing but 47/500 balls for the last few years and I really hate the thought of having to hit these socks. I'm down south, it's hot and it's humid. What can I really expect out of these balls.

dcz3

I seem to agree with the posts so far, but the Classic M X-Rocks and Evils with Micorcell and the TA's are really good Softballs!

Mikaka

My Dixie Wrecked
TA'S are the real deal

yeah, good luck finding TA's that aren't an arm and a leg for their price.

Are any of these Classic M balls worth hitting? I've hit nothing but 47/500 balls for the last few years and I really hate the thought of having to hit these socks. I'm down south, it's hot and it's humid. What can I really expect out of these balls.

you've been spoiled hitting 47/500. also sounds like all the "homerun hitters" are going to get knocked down a notch or two and come back down to earth. welcome to the rest of the softball world that hits 44/375 or less (good luck having a line like that ever again).

i think the OP is saying he has to hit classic M's now. he never once said "what kind of ball should i get?" and then you all chime in with what kind of ball you all think he should get. all he said is what can he expect from that type of ball. i really think half the people on this site don't even read the actual posts, and just see certain words and then type in their uneducated response and hit post

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator

Yea, you're gonna be pissed. In one league I hit 52/275's, in another the Classic M. The Classic M FEELS like a 47/525 by comparison.

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator

you've been spoiled hitting 47/500. also sounds like all the "homerun hitters" are going to get knocked down a notch or two and come back down to earth. welcome to the rest of the softball world that hits 44/375 or less (good luck having a line like that ever again).

i think the OP is saying he has to hit classic M's now. he never once said "what kind of ball should i get?" and then you all chime in with what kind of ball you all think he should get. all he said is what can he expect from that type of ball. i really think half the people on this site don't even read the actual posts, and just see certain words and then type in their uneducated response and hit post

I've always said that a good 44/375 is all you needed. I miss those things.

Hehateme

Addicted to Softballfans

Just got a dozen last week, $70 delivered

dcz3

There are at least 2 websites that you can still get a dozen Classic M TA's for under $70 delivered.

The ASA TA's are going for outrageous prices.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've always said that a good 44/375 is all you needed. I miss those things.

I used to say that, but some of those are still pretty damned hot. We played a tourney with those and one team was hitting the Classic M's and still hitting harder than most other teams. It was earlier in the year though. I haven't hit them in the heat yet.

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
I used to say that, but some of those are still pretty damned hot. We played a tourney with those and one team was hitting the Classic M's and still hitting harder than most other teams. It was earlier in the year though. I haven't hit them in the heat yet.

They are less desireable in the heat. Although they sounded good this weekend and it was humid as hell and in the high 80's.

yep,heat no good for classic M's,for cold weather they do fly tho.we've been using the 52-275's here in texas(mid 90's) and everyone is kinda getting use to them.they do bounce some.:D

djcs1204

King Jackie!!!
The leather covered Demarini Lightning and Demarini Orbit are actually pretty good balls right there with the Toxic's and the TA. Xrocks are always gonna be a safe choice.

Dinger67

Thankfully, we still hit 47/500 in league with open HRs. I got asked to play in a B/C tourney and I was told by the tourney director that we had to hit Classic M balls with a 6 HR limit. I haven't played with a HR limit in about 3 years. It's hard to go from free swinging with a good ball to having to cut down your swing and hit a lesser ball.

Dinger67

Yea, you're gonna be pissed. In one league I hit 52/275's, in another the Classic M. The Classic M FEELS like a 47/525 by comparison.

Last year we hit Guru 47/500 with a couple of Launch 650s and Super Dupers mixed in. This year it's been mostly Worth MAX Spec 47/500 with a few Guru and Super Dupers mixed in. A Classic M will feel like a pair of socks.

eHall

Base burglar
Thankfully, we still hit 47/500 in league with open HRs. I got asked to play in a B/C tourney and I was told by the tourney director that we had to hit Classic M balls with a 6 HR limit. I haven't played with a HR limit in about 3 years. It's hard to go from free swinging with a good ball to having to cut down your swing and hit a lesser ball.

You are playing in a B/C tourney and have never heard of Classic M balls?

Open HR leagues? Are we talking senior league/tournies here?

I havent heard of a sanctioned tourny allowing 47 cor balls in a few years. NSA is 44/400 and going to 52/275 next year. Utrip allows either classic M 40/325 or classic plus 52/275 balls. ASA and ISA are 44/375.

Dinger67

You are playing in a B/C tourney and have never heard of Classic M balls?

Open HR leagues? Are we talking senior league/tournies here?

I havent heard of a sanctioned tourny allowing 47 cor balls in a few years. NSA is 44/400 and going to 52/275 next year. Utrip allows either classic M 40/325 or classic plus 52/275 balls. ASA and ISA are 44/375.

I haven't played in a tourney in 3 years. I've been playing summer and fall league and we can pretty much hit what we want with open HRs. No, it's not senior ball. We play by USSSA rules but the balls are never checked so everybody pretty much hits the best that they can find. I've even been using a Boombah Cannon and nobody has noticed. I've heard of the Classic M but I've never hit one. Why hit a sock when you can hit a rock! Know what I mean?

Mike11

master of swinging K's
I haven't played in a tourney in 3 years. I've been playing summer and fall league and we can pretty much hit what we want with open HRs. No, it's not senior ball. We play by USSSA rules but the balls are never checked so everybody pretty much hits the best that they can find. I've even been using a Boombah Cannon and nobody has noticed. I've heard of the Classic M but I've never hit one. Why hit a sock when you can hit a rock! Know what I mean?

in south louisiana the XROCKS are the way to go, followed by Dudley Thunder advance......where are you playing league like that? we have to follow usssa rules bu thave a 3 HR limit in BR

adunn83

Jesus saves!
We use AD Starr Classic M's in our singlewall league. I've seen them fly. Hitters are gonna hit no matter what ball you use.

eHall

Base burglar

Gotcha. The Dudley Thunder Advance are the best classic M in my opinion. They are not noticably effected by the heat.

Going from hitting a boombah cannon with 47/500+ balls to approved bats with Classic Ms will be a huge difference. Those grounders won't get thru the infield as fast and the mi**** HRs shouldnt happen as often.

If you get stuck hitting bad classic Ms, its a whole new ballgame. No crack off the bat, balls with air under will die quickly.

Dinger67

in south louisiana the XROCKS are the way to go, followed by Dudley Thunder advance......where are you playing league like that? we have to follow usssa rules bu thave a 3 HR limit in BR

I play in Pineville. It's always been open HRs. There are so many teams, we have to have 3 divisions. We basically get away with hitting what we want because the pitchers never look at the ball.

warpath

BUTT****ING THE WORLD
You obivously hit the 47/500 in league i'm guessing. Lucky Bastard, I can hit those 450' easily.

Dinger67

We need to hit them down here. It's 90+ degrees at night with high humidity. The heat index the other night at 10:00 was 105. I read one time on the USSSA site that the different balls were meant to be used in different parts of the country. It was supposed to be regulated by the area directors. Somehow, everything got lumped together and everybody has to hit the same ball in sanctioned tourneys.

eHall

Base burglar
Originally utrip developed and implemented the 52/275 as a "cold weather ball". However it was determined that it performs similar in both hot and cold weather so they will be adopting it permanently in the future. I think 2011 but they might allow directors to use up their stock of classic M next year.

But the classic plus will be used this year in regionals, worlds and most state tournaments.

FR20

<font color="#000080">Bleeding Blue</font>
**** I called out a team trying to use a ASA 44/375 in our Classic Mush league, can't imagine getting away with hitting stadium balls.....

Dinger67

What a shame. What's next, incrediball? Lift the HR restrictions and you'll get less balls hit at the P and fewer injuries. As the balls get crappier, the number of shaved bats will increase.

eHall

Base burglar
Your right, but thats not the way the associations look at it.

The classic plus sounds like a sock when its hit. It can still be hit out of the park but you have to spin it.

Im in favor of allowing more HRs at the C and D levels. E needs to be for new teams and guys that dont have a prayer of hitting it out.

ENVY

Worth Toxic classic M's are great, we played on 325 field all day saturday and were hitting these bishes out backside with no trouble whatsoever and the humidity never messed with them at all.