Clueless teammate

The_Murse

Part Time Player
I will preface this by saying I play coed, it's a competitive league, lots of girls that played in college and many can go yard pretty easy. Our guys are all young 30's, couple mid 20's. The girls are low to mid 20's and hot. Anyways. We have a guy that plays, I played high school baseball with him, he's a decent stick, decent glove... But swears by his cyclone. Gah. He doesn't understand that this thing is a gigantic piece of garbage. We have salvos, swaggers, mikens, any bat that he could ever want. He complains about being "forced" to use a salvo now because he doesn't have time to get his "bat" compression tested and stickered for our league, which is a gigantic waste of time in the first place. He takes bp with the other good bats and makes good contact but wants to swing his cyclone in the games. What do I do?

jaj23

Eye Baller
Who is this???

jerry-seinfield-getting-up.gif

itheshow

Addicted to Softballfans
Your friend is a true man. Men swing cyclones and hammers and still Play better than the people who cut their bats ijs

Eroc13

Boots Come In Pairs
Any thread mentioning CoEd, especially stating that they have hot girls, is useless without pictures...IJS. But if he does fine with his Cyclone, why does it matter?

RobinMichaels

Addicted to Softballfans
Any thread mentioning CoEd, especially stating that they have hot girls, is useless without pictures...IJS. But if he does fine with his Cyclone, why does it matter?

I would agree, if he does fine it should not matter. The only thing I would tell him that if he does not get it tested and marked,that could cause problems. I know that on our league, if it has not been tested and marked it is an illegal bat. Even if it is a piece of junk. Swinging an illegal bat gets you into trouble.

tjaxson

www.softballempire.com
i have a guy in my coed league ask me if cyclones were on the restricted list. also asked me how long it would take to break it in. lol at people in alaska

HrBump13

Addicted to Softballfans
Tell him that you are positive that the Cyclone will fail compression testing & that he would be accused of bringing an altered bat to the park. It would be in his best intrest to just swing the Salvo. Tell him the Salvo is almost as good as the Cyclone, but @ least it is legal.

jf2k4

<font color="#3300FF">Outstanding Good Dealer</fon
I watched a guy pick up a cyclone because his team was out of homeruns... Then he hit a homerun and we all loled and ran back to the bench.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
I saw something about hot 20 y/o's, a Cyclone and a gif of Jerry Seinfeld.

I am confused. What's going on here? :confused:

Ferrari1

Addicted to Softballfans
some guy in swingin a cyclone, OP dont like it so hes sayin cyclone guy doesnt have a clue!

Rd maul

Addicted to Softballfans
Guys I am sorry ok....I will try to swing the Salvo next week it just doesnt feel as good as my Cyclone....SHEESH GET OFF MY BACK!!

Chimpy

Star Player
F these idiots who come into these threads and b!tch about how "interesting" they are or that they're not up to their standards of somethign they like. This is a goddamn forum about softball - if you don't like the thread, move onto another one. I so sick of these pompous nitwits who just every post because they deem it doesn't meet their standards. This is the only softball forum like this. I will never understand it.

That said, there is a guy on one of my teams who is the same way, he brings a cyclone and an ultimate weapon to every game when you can literally use any bat. And the team has a very impressive seletion of bats. Finally this week he bought a better bat, not great one but better than the single walls he was using. I was trying to get him to use my Synergy because he hits bombs with the UW but in the game he got mixed up becasue there are so many bats he couldn't figure out which was the synergy. Still hit a triple with his new unbroken in bat (I think it was a Demarini something, cant' remember)

-Six-

Weiner
F these idiots who come into these threads and b!tch about how "interesting" they are or that they're not up to their standards of somethign they like. This is a goddamn forum about softball - if you don't like the thread, move onto another one. I so sick of these pompous nitwits who just every post because they deem it doesn't meet their standards. This is the only softball forum like this. I will never understand it.

That said, there is a guy on one of my teams who is the same way, he brings a cyclone and an ultimate weapon to every game when you can literally use any bat. And the team has a very impressive seletion of bats. Finally this week he bought a better bat, not great one but better than the single walls he was using. I was trying to get him to use my Synergy because he hits bombs with the UW but in the game he got mixed up becasue there are so many bats he couldn't figure out which was the synergy. Still hit a triple with his new unbroken in bat (I think it was a Demarini something, cant' remember)

welcome to the internet.

Wheels33

Coach
I only played one coed league once. I only swung my wood toxic bat. Gotta keep the ladies pretty! Your teammate is not clueless, just knows how to respect women! IMO

Chimpy

Star Player
welcome to the internet.

Never was there a truer statement.

Yeah, it's like that in other forums too. I post on the IMDB forums and also a couple baseball and basketball groups. Every group has the same five or six idiots who just spend all their time b!tching about posts they don't like. They don't contribute too much to the actual forum. Just whining, a lot like this forum. I will never understand it. There are thousands of posts to read. I don't read them all - I just skip the ones I don't like. But no matter what, you have these nitwits who think their opinion is the only one and all they do is whine about how the post doesn't meet their standards. Incredible.