Co-Ed bat rules - looking for help

T Dot

Extra Hitter
Hi

I started playing a in a co-ed league this year and its a new team/league to me. It has different bat rules I am use to:

Article #6 - The ball provided by the league will be the official ball. Balls will not exceed a COR of .52 and have a maximum compression rating up to 525 lb.

Rule #15 Co-Ed 12” Leagues • Article #1 - The Males will use a softball little league bat when batting. Teams are allowed to purchase their own softball bat. The softball bat must be no longer than 29” and must be a youth softball bat or 27” youth baseball bat is allowed. The bat must be USSSA certified.
We have faced have some definite pop off their bats, and go much further than we hit. We are no slouch, but they have a clear advantage with the long ball on us. I have not asked what bat they were using, but am looking for some help in selecting a bat for the upcoming season.

Are there any bats that excel under these types of rules? If so, can you please point me in the right direction to purchase this type of bat.

FYI the youth bats we are currently using were new and are dented now. Which is expected. We tend to swing the youth softball bat more for the length. I need to consider this when purchasing a new bat for next season. We are playing fallball this year.

Thanks in advance!

T Dot

Extra Hitter
I don't understand the rule either, but consensus says its for 'safety' or to level the male vs female playing field.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Ball with a maximum compression rating up to 525 pounds. There's no concern for safety here.

Your only options are to keep buying/denting children's bats or to find a real league.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would assume the league changed the cor online, but ignored the compression, and the other team is swinging fp bats. I don't know that you can even buy a 52/525 these days, but I guess s shall not exceeds means 44/525 is allowed.

Are the balls provided?

T Dot

Extra Hitter
I would assume the league changed the cor online, but ignored the compression, and the other team is swinging fp bats. I don't know that you can even buy a 52/525 these days, but I guess s shall not exceeds means 44/525 is allowed.

Are the balls provided?

The balls are provided.

I play 3rd, so while the guys hit it hard - the bat + ball rule allows me to cut off every ball hit to short by a guy. Its an easy dig 'em out, throw 'em out play. On a rare occasion balls are hit up the middle, but the pitcher has time to react.

Leads me to believe these are .52/300 balls and the info I copied was not updated correctly to show the proper max compression.

hitsone

Wow, new one on me. Can't help with suggestions. I have always suggested to co-ed teams to arm the ladies with USSSA stamped FP bats.
So many are trying to swing 28 oz composites that are too heavy.
good luck, sounds like you are enjoying that league.