Cold weather wear

tattt3

Coach
Thats why i love south Texas haha we play into dec and here it really doesnt get that cold,under armour top and bottoms and im gtg........

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
When it gets really cold here I wear a long sleeve t-shirt.

I usually just play in a SS cage jacket. Don't need the long sleeves until after the game.

Hey Marl, have you tried any of the cold weather batting gloves, or just wearing two pair? I started wearing two gloves on my left hand during bp this spring, and if you use the tacky spray for grip it's no different to me.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
UA Cold wear and a good insulated pullover. Only problem is with my hands. Can't find a good pr of gloves to keep my hands warm without being too bulky.

I do the same and have some Vinci batting gloves that are little thicker and work prett well at keeping your hands warm.

Swilldog

Everyone loves bombs!
for your feet.. put on a pair of socks.. then pull over plastic bags then another palr of socks.

feet will never get cold or wet then.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Thats why i love south Texas haha we play into dec and here it really doesnt get that cold,under armour top and bottoms and im gtg........

Yeah, but Texas is a ****ing crime ridden dust bowl............So, there's that too.........

BigShep

Who's Your Daddy!
Two layers of UA Cold gear under a t-shirt and windbreaker. Compression shorts, knee pads and wind pants on the lower.

22justin82

Addicted to Softballfans
Nike dri-fit with a t shirt, I wear a pair of shorts, my legs so hairy cavemen think im their brother. I don't have a problem with them getting cold.

TXangler

Addicted to Softballfans
Swingy, get your head out of your ass and accept you live in the cold and rainbowl of the country. It was 80 degree's here today without a cloud in the sky. Not only are we lucky enough to live in an area with a thriving and diverse economy, this link shows there's not much difference between Seattle and Houston, TX, which is the 4th largest city in the US, in crime stats.

http://www.bestplaces.net/crime/?city1=54835000&city2=55363000

I make several trips each year to the NW and know firsthand the weather is dismal after Oct 1, with 8 out of 10 days being rain days (and cold). We start our winter session Nov 7 and it runs thru the middle of March, and with any luck I'll be wearing shorts the whole time.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
To be specific...........

UA heat gear unders shirt
UA leggings
Core Compression shorts
Cold weather socks
Long sleeve shirt
Softball pants
Light jacket
Stocking cap
Batting gloves

As soon as I'm off the field between games I put on a heavier coat and better gloves............You can stay warmer moving around on the field, but between games if you allow yourself to really get chilled. You'll have a hard time getting warm again.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Swingy, get your head out of your ass and accept you live in the cold and rainbowl of the country. It was 80 degree's here today without a cloud in the sky. Not only are we lucky enough to live in an area with a thriving and diverse economy, this link shows there's not much difference between Seattle and Houston, TX, which is the 4th largest city in the US, in crime stats.

http://www.bestplaces.net/crime/?city1=54835000&city2=55363000

I make several trips each year to the NW and know firsthand the weather is dismal after Oct 1, with 8 out of 10 days being rain days (and cold). We start our winter session Nov 7 and it runs thru the middle of March, and with any luck I'll be wearing shorts the whole time.

HEY!! If you're going to make your arguments by stating facts.......I'll just leave..............Also, I don't live in Seattle.

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
for your feet.. put on a pair of socks.. then pull over plastic bags then another palr of socks.

feet will never get cold or wet then.
Truth right here.

If it's going to be brutally cold, I wear an UA or Boombah coldgear shirt, and a fleece as well (pretty loose on me), fleece hat under a baseball cap, baggie my feet, and longjohns under my softball pants. Sliding pad and sliding shorts as usual.

I also use fur-lined leather gloves for batting. No ****.

There's Washington outside of Seattle?
It's called the Greater Seattle Area.

Country35

Banned User
I find a fat teammate, cut open his gut, climb inside in between innings and then hop out when I gotta hit or play the field

Tall@first

Addicted to Softballfans
Played 9 games in a Halloween tourney on Sunday in 25 mph winds and 40 degree temps. I only wore softball pants, a short sleeve undershirt, long sleeve t, and a windbreaker...I don't like UA for softball, I hate feeling restricted even the slightest bit. For hunting or other outdoors activities UA is gtg.