Colin Kaepernick

flatstick96

Addicted to Softballfans
Of all the young up-and-coming QBs, I actually think Wilson has the best chance at sustained "elite-ness". I'd probably put Luck #2 and RG3 #3. Kaepernick #4. Just my opinion...

rossthefireman

mexicola
Im still waiting to see what Kap does with a full season. With Crabtree out it will be interesting. I may be a Niner homer but even I realize that running QBs arent long for the league.

Onefiver

Addicted to Softballfans
From what I saw, Kap needs to work on hitting guys in stride or in places that allow them to try and make a play after the catch. He's often good enough to get it in the catch radius but doesn't always put the ball in the best place. At least part of that could be throwing on the run, though.

rossthefireman

mexicola
oh man I hope it continues but leagues and defenses have had a full off season to study and adjust. If he has another great year this coming season then the sky is the limit. I believe that Vernon Davis will be faetured a lot more this year.

3XC

Big Truss
No one is Brady or manning.....one ofthem goes back to the Super Bowl again this year and if its Tom, win or lose, he passes everyone for goat, imo.

Rodgers is Brady or Manning. They aren't alone on their island. One of the guys who is younger than Rodgers in the league right now will end up on that level. I say its Luck.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
Washington is the one who'll steuggle.....tey run a specific style of read option and stick to it relentlessly.....friscos is different. Pistol, multiple formations for the read option and kap drops back a lot......

Primo

fat and famous pablo
Rodgers is Brady or Manning. They aren't alone on their island. One of the guys who is younger than Rodgers in the league right now will end up on that level. I say its Luck.

Rodgers is better than both.....ever

Wtf are we talking? Ability? Career?

3XC

Big Truss
Rodgers is better than both.....ever

Wtf are we talking? Ability? Career?

Rodgers is a beast no doubt. His body of work is smaller than either, but he already has a ring. Statistically he is their equal, but lacks the aura of Brady or Manning. Which is undeserved, IMO he is the youngest, most athletic of the three. He's good enough to beat any team in the league by throwing the Packers on his back.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
I need to find where im a in regards to ability vs career vs winning etc.....

Rodgers is a better qb then Brady.......there's nothing Brady can do individually Rodgers can't and there are many things Rodgers does better.....yet Brady is goat, imo

We need war ratings but based on achievements instead of on field play kinda

3XC

Big Truss
Brady makes fewer bad decisions than any QB I can remember, including both Manning and Rodgers. There is a level of technical ability that is apart from athleticism that Brady is the master of.

Most D1 starting QBs run much faster and are much stronger than Brady. His arm strength at his age is average at best. He isn't great because of his physical tools. Neither is Manning at this point. His arm strength is probably bottom third of NFL starters.

People overemphasize the physical. These aren't running backs. Who cares how fast Vicks 40 time is? Before he gets 40 yards downfield the ball is loose and he's hurt himself.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
Brady also doesn't get sacked 60 times a year, has a running game and could txt Brees between the time he receives the snap to when a linemen gets to him

Its the Barry sanders what if emmitts line.....i would bet a lot of money Rodgers would be every bit as successful as Brady in New England......and i dont think for a second Brady could do what Rodgers does in GB.

3XC

Big Truss
Rodgers gets sacked more because he throws downfield. Longer plays, more time holding the ball. Brady always has an available outlet receiver to gain 1-2 yards rather than losing 9-10. That's a skill. Finding and delivering the ball under pressure.

Brady has a lot of detractors. I'm not one of them. The first half of his career people like hbwb said he was a "system QB", in spite of the fact that every NFL coach would love to make it to Super Bowls with nondescript receivers and grinders like Kevin Faulk on their team. With very little skill position talent around him pre-2007, Brady won, and won often. He still wins, and often, but now his scoring totals are much higher. He learned how to kill defenses. Not with the biggest arm or constant scrambling. With relentless preparation and professionalism.

Richie B

Coach
I agree with what you're saying for the most part 3XC but Tom Brady had a cannon and for a long time. Never the strongest arm in the league but probably always right around top 5.

rossthefireman

mexicola
Its no coincidence that guys like Brady and Manning are also the QBs that call a ton of audibles. They prep, are intelligent and can read defenses.

3XC

Big Truss
Its no coincidence that guys like Brady and Manning are also the QBs that call a ton of audibles. They prep, are intelligent and can read defenses.

Which is something that can't be schemed for or figured out.

Defensive coaches will solve and destroy the read option. Gimmicks in the NFL have a 1-3 year shelf life. Then they get exposed.

There is no way to defend against a QB who is reacting on the fly to what you're doing. You won't fool them, you have to physically make plays. There's no trickery on either side. They try to score, you try to stop them.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
Personally, i think we don't see too many dual threats because guys who can beat u with thei legs do so......instead of shuffling, reading the d and finding the open man. Vick never learned his 3rd option because he never had to.....then u get in the nfl and those guys are lost.

Just a theory but had Brady and manning had that ability, i think their greatness out of the pocket wouldn't have been much good. Things like "look cam, i realize you can win us a national championship with your legs but we care about your future and think youd be better off staying in the pocket" are things no college or hs coach is gonna say

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I watched a couple of SF games and the Packer playoff game and don't really even remember him running the option. The plays his legs hurt people were mostly passing plays he got loose on. If he can be a Vick/Roethlisberger hybrid he'll probably put up great numbers and might win a super bowl if he gets the help Roethlisberger had. He will never win one with a team like Rodgers had for his first.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
You don't know your head from your ass

Montana was the 5th highest paid player in the league when he won his last SB. He was made the highest the next year after that. How many QBs have won a SB since while being the highest paid QB? If I'm not mistaken in that time, only Brees and Peyton can even be in that conversation.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
Montana was the 5th highest paid player in the league when he won his last SB. He was made the highest the next year after that. How many QBs have won a SB since while being the highest paid QB? If I'm not mistaken in that time, only Brees and Peyton can even be in that conversation.

Thats not what u said.....nor does it have any merit now that you rephrased it. There's 5 or 6 guys worth being the highest paid player....you'll see them every year in the playoffs. This isn't the best of 7.....any thing can happen on e you get there

3XC

Big Truss
How many QBs made the postseason each of their first five seasons and won at least one game in each, and made 3 AFC Championship game appearances in 5 years, and won a Super bowl and a Super Bowl MVP, all with dookie receivers and a turnstile right tackle, that's impossible. hbwb will be the first to tell you that unless you have 5 pro bowlers blocking for you, you're gonna throw as many picks as TDs and get sacked 50 times a year. Its called science idiots.