College Football 2012 Thread

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
Duh, it's still early in the morning for me:eek:

Smart by Muschamp to do that, might backfire every now and then, but seems to work for Saban. Allen's commitment puts Bama number 2 behind Michigan, but it don't mean nothing til they sign or early enroll

HE15MAN

Go Gators!!!
You guys will be fine. Bama never seems to lose kids and for the most part, gets who they want. I think UF is about done on the Defensive side of things, maybe 2-3 more total and 5-6 more on offense. I know Demarcus Walker is a big target but he will probably end up at Bama also. Depth charts seem to hurt UF, but never the three schools they go head to head the most in recruiting (UGA, FSU and Bama) for some odd reason. Really would love to find out why.

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm not worried, I think as long as Saban is there, Bama will be top 5 every year. Muschamp will have UF back soon, just gotta change the atmosphere/get rid of some element there. Getting rid of Weiss is gonna help.

HE15MAN

Go Gators!!!
I'm not worried, I think as long as Saban is there, Bama will be top 5 every year. Muschamp will have UF back soon, just gotta change the atmosphere/get rid of some element there. Getting rid of Weiss is gonna help.

I to think Will is the right man for the job, and here for the long haul. Getting rid of Weis is huge. But a bigger thing was getting Jeff Dillman as the S&C coach. The old coach who went to OSU with Urban just built a different type of player and that wasnt going to work. Dillman is seeing huge gains with an Olympic style of lifting, which is what Bama and LSU do. I think UF will make a big jump record wise this year now that our new OC seems to actually coach and better the players. Going to be interesting to see Boise's OC run a pro style offense with all the pre snap movements and shifting they do.

Its kinda ironic, the spread offenses are catching on, and the SEC teams are now going back to old school pro style offenses. Really the only team running the spread now in the SEC is Auburn, but who knows now that Malzahan is gone from there.

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
I to think Will is the right man for the job, and here for the long haul. Getting rid of Weis is huge. But a bigger thing was getting Jeff Dillman as the S&C coach. The old coach who went to OSU with Urban just built a different type of player and that wasnt going to work. Dillman is seeing huge gains with an Olympic style of lifting, which is what Bama and LSU do. I think UF will make a big jump record wise this year now that our new OC seems to actually coach and better the players. Going to be interesting to see Boise's OC run a pro style offense with all the pre snap movements and shifting they do.

Its kinda ironic, the spread offenses are catching on, and the SEC teams are now going back to old school pro style offenses. Really the only team running the spread now in the SEC is Auburn, but who knows now that Malzahan is gone from there.

I think that has to do with the speed of the defenses catching up to the speed of the spread. Defenses in the SEC have gotten bigger, stronger, and faster, so now you kinda gotta line up and play pro style football, and hope you can take advantage of one of the mistakes the defense is gonna make. Another factor by running pro style offense and defense is that you are better prepared for the NFL, and the top high school athletes are recognizing that and are wanting to play that style in college

jobro31

<font color="#CD0000">Bleeding Crimson</font>
UF won (again) the SEC All Sports Trophy. They have now won 21 in a row, and 22 out of the last 25 years. UF has won more SEC titles since 1980 than Bama and Auburn have won in their entire history....combined!!!! :)

WTF is that, never heard of it. Bama won the capital one challenge :eek: we won some irrelavant challenge, were cool now :rolleyes:

HE15MAN

Go Gators!!!
WTF is that, never heard of it. Bama won the capital one challenge :eek: we won some irrelavant challenge, were cool now :rolleyes:

Its only been going on since at least 1973, so I am sure the fact you haven't heard of it makes it meaningless...You know, it is an award for something other than football...

Florida won the Capital One Cup in 2011 :rolleyes:

MDUmp

Addicted to Softballfans
UF won (again) the SEC All Sports Trophy. They have now won 21 in a row, and 22 out of the last 25 years. UF has won more SEC titles since 1980 than Bama and Auburn have won in their entire history....combined!!!! :)

So, you come to the college football thread to boast about your gymnastics, golf and tennis team? :rolleyes:

HE15MAN

Go Gators!!!
FYI bullet you can scratch Laremy Tunsil off the board for UF. With all the background stuff going on, I am 98% sure he isn't going to UF.

HE15MAN

Go Gators!!!
Why do you say that? Thought he was high on Muschamp.

Just reading the tea leaves.

1. Muschamp said he isnt going to be held hostage and end up low on the #'s they need so has already taken 5 OL commits and one juco from Maryland.

2. That will be 6 OL coming in next year, I know Tunsil could be damn good, but would he really want to be #7?

3. Most importantly, he is now hanging out with and being "mentored" by Jon Drummond. Drummond is a super shady south FL 7 on 7 camp guy and "mentor." He was supposedly openly shopping Lamarcus Joyer to OSU a few years back. 2 years ago he showed up to FNL and the UF staff forced him to leave. He was kicked off Miami's campus completely.

4. Florida hasn't landed a kid from that HS in Lake City in more than 25 years. It is only 45 minutes from Gainesville, but is for some reason very anti UF. Tim Jernigan went to the same HS, had the same "mentor" and had no reason to go to FSU over UF, but did, and when asked why, said "Some things can't be said." hmmm.

5. Side note, Tunsil's HS coach was Tebow's (Craig Howard)

Last edited:

bullet29

Addicted to Softballfans
Les Miles on having to play Florida every year as a cross divisional permanent rival “This is all based on some vague tradition that is not considering that you’re adding teams to the conference, tell me about the tradition of the conference when you add teams to it. I mean, Florida isn’t even a nearby state. This tradition of rivalry is the fact that we enjoy playing them.”

If you enjoy playing them then why do you want to end the 6-1-1 scheduling format? Then it was reported that LSU AD Joe Alleva said if Alabama wants to play Tennessee every year it could schedule a non-conference game. I realize that it's only been played as annual game since 71 but it's usually one of the best SEC games of the year and would blow as a fan if the SEC decides to end it.

bullet29

Addicted to Softballfans
Les continues on his rant "Mississippi State is going to play Kentucky every year, and I think that is disproportionate, I'm not for Auburn playing Georgia every year. Again, it's disproportionate. I think there should be an opportunity to see a greater segment of the conference."

The easiest way to solve the scheduling problem is go to a 9 game conference schedule. But the thought of dropping a @ home cupcake from schedule every year and possibly missing out on a crappy bowl means most schools will never support it.

MDUmp

Addicted to Softballfans
Les continues on his rant "Mississippi State is going to play Kentucky every year, and I think that is disproportionate, I'm not for Auburn playing Georgia every year. Again, it's disproportionate. I think there should be an opportunity to see a greater segment of the conference."

The easiest way to solve the scheduling problem is go to a 9 game conference schedule. But the thought of dropping a @ home cupcake from schedule every year and possibly missing out on a crappy bowl means most schools will never support it.

He does have a point. It really isn't fair to play Florida or Georgia every year when somebody else plays Kentucky or Vandy ever year. I liked Arkansas having SC every year only due to the fact that I live in MD and that is a game I can go to every other year. Now it sounds like Mizzou will move into that slot. I like that matchup better, but I will lose out on attending a game.

There is also talk of LSU and A&M being the Friday after Thanksgiving game instead of Arkansas and LSU.

With the exception of a few years, those have been some pretty good games too.

2011 - 41-17
2010 - 31-23
2009 - 33-30
2008 - 31-30
2007 - 50-48 (3 OT)
2006 - 31-26
2005 - 19-17
2004 - 43-14
2003 - 55-24
2002 - 21-20
2001 - 41-38

bullet29

Addicted to Softballfans
If it's such a big advantage that Miss St is playing Kentucky then why have they only made the SEC championship game once? Teams outside of the traditional Big Six of the original SEC have played in the SECCG in a total of 5 times in the twenty years. Take away your Arkansas team and that drops the total to 2.

It's not about being fair, it's about trying to take the easiest road possible.

HE15MAN

Go Gators!!!
I dont mind playing LSU every year. If we can't beat them, we prolly arent good enough to win the SECCG or the NC so who cares?

Last edited:

bullet29

Addicted to Softballfans
I dont mind playing LSU every year. If we can't beat them, we prolly arent good enough to win the SECCG or the NC so who cares?

I commend Muschamp for taking the same approach.

I don't agree much with Richt right now but I think he's spot on in this quote from the meetings...

“I think too many teams are giving up too many rival games. College football is special because of rival games. I think our league in particular is special because of rival games and the passion of our fans. As we progress, I think we need to be mindful of that and respect that.”

HE15MAN

Go Gators!!!
Amen brother! The good think about Will, is he is an old school, southern boy at heart and grew up with all of these traditions and watching these games.

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
Ole Miss has had Vandy as the permanent eastern opponent, and I think it is like 12-8 Ole Miss... Vandy has done pretty well.... I guess we get A&M as ours starting in 2013... Thank God, no more trips to Fayetteville!

MDUmp

Addicted to Softballfans
Ole Miss has had Vandy as the permanent eastern opponent, and I think it is like 12-8 Ole Miss... Vandy has done pretty well.... I guess we get A&M as ours starting in 2013... Thank God, no more trips to Fayetteville!

You think College Station is better than Fayetteville?

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
I know this is CFB thread, but gotta say congrats/Roll Tide to U of Alabama for winning 4 NC's this year. Football, gymnastics, women's golf, and softball. That ties SEC record of most team NC's in single year with 1994 Arky and 1999 UGA