College Football 2012 Thread

bullet29

Addicted to Softballfans
I blame bullet. His negativity spread to them. Georgia looked like **** more than scar looked good. Why they didnt kick a field goal earlier in the game is beyond me.

Yup, I'm Richt's dreaded energy vampire :D

I wondered why they didn't run a route that was in the endzone rather than one that was short of the goal line. Anyways, the kicker is far from a sure thing at that part of the field.

JTtampabay

Addicted to Softballfans
Coming from an ACC fan this makes me lol. You are in a joke conference, and think you're great and haven't played anyone worth a crap, and won't until the end of November.

Did I say FSU was great? Or that the ACC was great? Ya I didn't think so , so where are you quoting that from? All I said was the SEC is over rated this season and that LSU sucks.

bullet29

Addicted to Softballfans
Tweet from Alabama beat reporter:
Cecil Hurt ‏@CecilHurt
Georgia doesn’t rebuild soft underachieving teams. It just reloads.

100% agree

JTtampabay

Addicted to Softballfans
Not surprised. I've been a noles fan my whole life and they always find a way to lose against a nobody. Oh well there's always next season smh

j.bishop

Nothing to see here
F*** what a s***** weekend for my household and sports.

Braves = loss
Georgia = loss
FSU = loss

I hope the Falcons beat the Redskins tomorrow

bullet29

Addicted to Softballfans
Not surprised. I've been a noles fan my whole life and they always find a way to lose against a nobody. Oh well there's always next season smh

Like you said, we're in the same boat. Good thing about expecting a loss like is that I'm not upset. I won't get emotionally involved with this team again until there is a new coach.

Last edited:

JTtampabay

Addicted to Softballfans
Like you said, we're in the same boat. Good thing about expecting a loss like I did is that I'm not upset. I won't get emotionally involved with this team again until there is a new coach.

Being an FSU fan is not good for my blood pressure. It doesn't help that I live in gator country and my phone doesn't stop ringing when the noles

CP15

Keep Right On !!!
I seen WVU mentioned. A lot of people around these parts are talking NC. Has there ever been a national champion that allowed 41 points per game to division 1 opponents ?

johnboy74

Addicted to Softballfans
I never knew Nick Saban was such a ****head.

Said Saban: "The way people are going no-huddle right now, that at some point in time we should look at how fast we allow the game to go in terms of player safety. The team gets into formation and you can't substitute defensive players. You go on a 14-, 16-, 18-play drive and they're snapping the ball as fast as you can go, and you look out there and all your players are walking around and can't get lined up, and that's when guys have a much greater chance of getting hurt when they're not ready to play."

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/or...f/2012/10/canzano_nick_sabans_transparen.html

NickSaban-1.jpg

ATL Rookie

Manager
Oregon is an impressive team. They work so fast and they never seem to slow down. My only question is the defense. Can they play that same pace when they play a team that wont get pass happy when they get down? They didnt seem to wear down vs Auburn, but this isnt the same team either.

johnboy74

Addicted to Softballfans
Oregon is an impressive team. They work so fast and they never seem to slow down. My only question is the defense. Can they play that same pace when they play a team that wont get pass happy when they get down? They didnt seem to wear down vs Auburn, but this isnt the same team either.

They don't wear down. Practicing against that offense every week keeps you in good shape. Oregon's biggest problem on defense is their DC. The guy is a joke.

johnboy74

Addicted to Softballfans
LSU is still in the top-10? And how the hell has Oregon not got at least a handfull of first place votes:confused:
Maybe the poll is about how much better the *** of SEC teams tastes?

I don't have a problem with Bama being #1, but how is it that at least one voter doesn't think Oregon is the best team? Is it because they go to bed without wathcing the game?

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
LSU is still in the top-10? And how the hell has Oregon not got at least a handfull of first place votes:confused:
Maybe the poll is about how much better the *** of SEC teams tastes?

I don't have a problem with Bama being #1, but how is it that at least one voter doesn't think Oregon is the best team? Is it because they go to bed without wathcing the game?

I can see your point of wanting some recognition, but really and truly, the only time being ranked #1 matters is in the last poll.

browns99

Addicted to Softballfans
WVU wasnt stellar in there win over Texas but to go on the road in that enviorment is impressive. Still not sure how Florida jumpes us in the polls.

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
I was at the USC/UGA game... Carolina played very well... Are they a national contender?? No, not yet... Ive seen this team play all year long, and they have looked real damn good at times, and very average (or worse, see the first half at Kentucky) at times...

They go to Baton Rouge and Gainesville for the next 2 weekends.... definately 2 of the top 5(minimum) hardest places to play in the country. Ill be happy if they split those 2 games..

FYI: Carolina only threw the football TWICE after the first play of the 2nd quarter last night....

jobro31

<font color="#CD0000">Bleeding Crimson</font>
I'm thinking the following for this weekend:

USCe over UGA
UF over LSU
WVU over Texas
Oregon over Washington
OSU over Nebraska

Would be really nice if Arky beat the cow college of west georgia, but that ain't gonna happen

Spot on even got a bonus....

I think it will be

USCe over UGA
LSU over UF
Texas over WVU
Oregon over Washington
Nebraska over OSU

Not so much, but the gators look good

I wish Richt would go on a mission or something. Dire need of new blood in the Georgia program.
But he can jump off a diving board....

USCe looked great, after attending the '10 game in Columbia, they can bet anyone at home don't think they survive the next two weeks. Biggest concern to me for bama is A&M, but being at home we should have an edge. Hope ND can run the gauntlet, would be history in Miami

Jayrock

Will Play for Bud Light!
I was at the USC/UGA game... Carolina played very well... Are they a national contender?? No, not yet... Ive seen this team play all year long, and they have looked real damn good at times, and very average (or worse, see the first half at Kentucky) at times...

They go to Baton Rouge and Gainesville for the next 2 weekends.... definately 2 of the top 5(minimum) hardest places to play in the country. Ill be happy if they split those 2 games..

FYI: Carolina only threw the football TWICE after the first play of the 2nd quarter last night....

They didn't have to throw the ball and Spurrier knew it. Up 28 all they had to do was bleed the clock. Ward had that defense playing lights out and would have held uga to under 200 yards if not for the 76 yards on the final drive with the second string defense in the game. Clowney and the d line did a great job all night of only rushing 4 and getting a ton of pressure on Murray and stopping the run.

Now Carolina has to show that they can sustain that defensive showing week in and week out. If they can keep that up , Shaw and Lattimore can score enough to get them though the brutal October schedule.

HE15MAN

Go Gators!!!
WVU wasnt stellar in there win over Texas but to go on the road in that enviorment is impressive. Still not sure how Florida jumpes us in the polls.

I would guess due to the schedule Florida has played so far this year. Also maybe the fact also that they can hold top 25 teams under 45 points a game also..

JTtampabay

Addicted to Softballfans
I would guess due to the schedule Florida has played so far this year. Also maybe the fact also that they can hold top 25 teams under 45 points a game also..

I will give Floridas defense respect. It is getting deeper into the season and they are still sticking around. After watching Florida state get the **** kicked out of them in the second half the NC State game , the gator game is starting to worry me.

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
They didn't have to throw the ball and Spurrier knew it. Up 28 all they had to do was bleed the clock. Ward had that defense playing lights out and would have held uga to under 200 yards if not for the 76 yards on the final drive with the second string defense in the game. Clowney and the d line did a great job all night of only rushing 4 and getting a ton of pressure on Murray and stopping the run.

Now Carolina has to show that they can sustain that defensive showing week in and week out. If they can keep that up , Shaw and Lattimore can score enough to get them though the brutal October schedule.

That last drive(UGA's TD) kinda reminded me of Mizzou's TD late in the game against Carolina.... Same thing, many starters on defense getting a rest... Still would have loved the shutout, but the win was very impressive...

I think maybe the hardest thing for Carolina to handle is all the good press they have gotten since the game, and can they stay focused to play down at LSU... Seen many teams play great, get a lot of love... then fall on their face... Hell, Carolina did it in 2010... after beating Bama, they blew a big lead at UK.. Most of the guys on the team remember that night, so maybe they will avoid it this weekend

joshualham

Addicted to Softballfans
Hopefully they will remember that Les Miles always likes to throw out some trick plays against Steve Spurior. (fake f.g behind the back no look toss to the kicker)