Combat is going bye bye

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Unfortunate. Combat makes a better bat than Easton does right now anyway, IMO. Just not as popular. Hopefully they can put the two together and make something worth owning.

BennyD417

Baller
Whoa! This is crazy. Combat seems to offer the most diverse lineup of any brand. It seems like they have like 50 different models. I lose track of all these Combats. They just need to RI the 2012 Eastons, and the OG plague.

THESHOE

Starting Player
I think this and durability was part of their problem. Too many options, and not one popular dominating one like the other brands seem to get (DC41, Freak, Legit, Nighthawk, Super Z etc). Not knocking the product, but to the masses and average guy, so many confusing options and add to that more mid season releases etc. And a reputation for poor durability.

I hope they keep Easton durability in Eastons, but improve the break in time a little bit using some Combat designs and patents. Would hope for a best of both worlds scenario.

But something tells me the money is in milking the Easton name with indestructible product. Less returns on warranty, more margin of profit.

Sad here as a Canadian to watch yet another Canadian company fold for US absorbtion. Many jobs and ambassadors losing their brand. We are losing a facility and top notch reps here. Sucks to read, but business is business.

Whoa! This is crazy. Combat seems to offer the most diverse lineup of any brand. It seems like they have like 50 different models. I lose track of all these Combats. They just need to RI the 2012 Eastons, and the OG plague.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Easton should have worked their '12 line into the following years. Past few years set them back a bit while other grew stronger by making weaker bats. RIP Combat, always loved ya for the support given the community.

hrdchrgin13

10omyya.jpg

SteveJax21

Derby Boy 4 Life!
Ever since Jmac put the B1 in my hands at spring training I've been swing COMbat, then being selected an OG COMbatant was an honor and spending the last year's with my Derby Family has been the best! "For Players by Players" Don Cooper, Johnny McCraw & Bobby Nifong thank you for allowing me to watch the best in the game play the game I love!

JoyeD #21

Tomj2345

aka...TOM A.V.
Sad Day for me...I have been swinging only COMbats since the AV came out. aka TOM AV...I have owned over 400 COMbats (mostly AV's) and will not even consider trying another companies bat. I have been crazy Loyal to the brand and am sorry to see it go. I have friends who have other companies bats and they say...try this one...I won't do it! There is not a pic of me swinging anything but COMbat.

wdwlodge

Addicted to Softballfans
This is terrible news. I also started out with the OG AV. I have never been a fan of Easton, hopefully they will utilize Combat's technology.

hitman444

Addicted to Softballfans
Here for the price drop. Sad indeed. I swing Easton and Combat exclusively, and have been more impressed with Combat here in the last few years. Sad indeed.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
This is terrible news. I also started out with the OG AV. I have never been a fan of Easton, hopefully they will utilize Combat's technology.

I think you can read between the lines on the press release when they say that discontinuing Combat and producing only Easton bats is "in the best interest of shareholders..."

Translation: "Shutting down American and Canadian factories, laying off North American workers, and continuing to pump bats out of China leads to increased profit margins."

I think we'll see year after year of unchanging Easton bats. Stiff, lower performance, but durable as hell (fewer returns = more $). Here's hoping for a generation of hybrid Easton/Combat bastard technology. If they can produce bats with the performance/quick break-in of a Combat and the durability/feel of an Easton they'll have the market by the balls.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
"EASTON is a leading baseball and softball brand and by further integrating COMBAT's intellectual property portfolio into EASTON's innovative product line, we believe we can strengthen the EASTON brand and its future product offerings"

This tells me they will be doing some sort of a combo of Combat/Easton tech

EVILHOMER360

Baaaat Fleeeeep!
"EASTON is a leading baseball and softball brand and by further integrating COMBAT's intellectual property portfolio into EASTON's innovative product line, we believe we can strengthen the EASTON brand and its future product offerings"

This tells me they will be doing some sort of a combo of Combat/Easton tech

Maybe they've already incorporated some of Combats tech already with the flex line. I haven't swung them but supposedly they're the softest Eastons ever and break in quickly.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
I think you can read between the lines on the press release when they say that discontinuing Combat and producing only Easton bats is "in the best interest of shareholders..."

Translation: "Shutting down American and Canadian factories, laying off North American workers, and continuing to pump bats out of China leads to increased profit margins."

I think we'll see year after year of unchanging Easton bats. Stiff, lower performance, but durable as hell (fewer returns = more $). Here's hoping for a generation of hybrid Easton/Combat bastard technology. If they can produce bats with the performance/quick break-in of a Combat and the durability/feel of an Easton they'll have the market by the balls.

also said they were opening a new US facility so maybe there will be some production in the good ol' USA

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans

Combat had already started some manufacturing in China the last year or so...... probably using Easton's plants.

texas-46

Addicted to Softballfans
Posted by Coop. Combatants and Family ......

As you can all imagine I might be receiving a few messages and calls ... Which is awesome .... Love your Passion for the game!!!!!!!

Here is some information and Facts as I have zero chance of answering the 472 current messages.

1. PSG has consolidated the Diamond Division of the business.
2. The Combat Brand especially Maxum is going forward and the new product launch will be in Aug.
3. The brand will be managed out of the Easton office in California.
4. The US office of Combat currently in Kent Wa. Will be in normal operations for the next couple months.
5. Warranty process has not changed. You will of course get a Combat for your Combat. Same phone number etc etc etc
6. Derby Girls and Team Combat will be looking to run the table and have a great finish to the year.
7. Yes some amazing amazing amazing people at both Combat and Easton lost jobs yesterday. The market has had a ton of change in the last year. The closing of Sports Chalet and Sports Authority to just name two have had a major impact on the businesses. Those type of days are brutal.

The team at Combat in my opinion are second to none .... They have built something that will never be lost, never go away and is honestly awesome. I have been blessed to be a very very small part of what those people have done. Scott Brown Frank Griffin Aly Sartini Johnny McCraw Mike Dill Rick Chris Greinert Megan Miller Troy Tammi Mohns Bobby Nifong Frank Henry Rick Baker and many many more have been awesome.

I expect to see all the combatants at Worlds ...... It's a sad day.

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
Posted by Coop. Combatants and Family ......

As you can all imagine I might be receiving a few messages and calls ... Which is awesome .... Love your Passion for the game!!!!!!!

Here is some information and Facts as I have zero chance of answering the 472 current messages.

1. PSG has consolidated the Diamond Division of the business.
2. The Combat Brand especially Maxum is going forward and the new product launch will be in Aug.
3. The brand will be managed out of the Easton office in California.
4. The US office of Combat currently in Kent Wa. Will be in normal operations for the next couple months.
5. Warranty process has not changed. You will of course get a Combat for your Combat. Same phone number etc etc etc
6. Derby Girls and Team Combat will be looking to run the table and have a great finish to the year.
7. Yes some amazing amazing amazing people at both Combat and Easton lost jobs yesterday. The market has had a ton of change in the last year. The closing of Sports Chalet and Sports Authority to just name two have had a major impact on the businesses. Those type of days are brutal.

The team at Combat in my opinion are second to none .... They have built something that will never be lost, never go away and is honestly awesome. I have been blessed to be a very very small part of what those people have done. Scott Brown Frank Griffin Aly Sartini Johnny McCraw Mike Dill Rick Chris Greinert Megan Miller Troy Tammi Mohns Bobby Nifong Frank Henry Rick Baker and many many more have been awesome.

I expect to see all the combatants at Worlds ...... It's a sad day.

So the Combat brand/name isn't really going away? :confused:

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
I am saddened to hear this, as well. Like Tom and Will (wdwlodge), I entered the Combat family when I swung an Antivirus for the first time. I fell in love and never looked back. From that time on (2008, I believe), I never swung anything but a COMbat. The PM Virus was the first bat I ever hit an over-the-fence HR with. My only other OTF HR came with that beautiful orange DBA. Even though I'm out of softball now, it really sucks to hear this. I am flooded with memories of this Combat forum, all the guys who have come and gone over the years, and the good times that were had here. Combat may be absorbed into Easton, but I will ALWAYS be a Combatant. If I'm ever able to pick up the game again, you can bet I will be swinging the 8 Combats that are currently sitting in the rafters of my shed at this moment.