Combat Softbal 47 cor 525 comp question?

cozzmokramer

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone who has hit these.... are they hard on bats? Or better yet, what bats are GTG and NGTG with them? I only own a couple bats that I use in a mushball league, and I was asked to play in a league where our team will hit these combat balls. The bats I have are DeMarini White Steel, and DeMarini Evo Ax. I know they have a couple of synergys, and a new Freak 2010 DST. Just trying to decide to bring my bats with me or just use theirs. thanks.

Poo-tee-weet

Addicted to Softballfans
Hmmm...I'm curious on this as well.

I went out and got a good deal on a dozen Blue Dot balls (Blue balls, ha ha) then came home and did a lookup, only to find that they are 525 comp. I did some minimal searching and the best I could find was that the general consensus is that the ball is on the fence in terms of being good/bad for the bat. I'd like to see others opinion though, as I'm not very knowledgeable in the topic.

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
Anyone who has hit these.... are they hard on bats? Or better yet, what bats are GTG and NGTG with them? I only own a couple bats that I use in a mushball league, and I was asked to play in a league where our team will hit these combat balls. The bats I have are DeMarini White Steel, and DeMarini Evo Ax. I know they have a couple of synergys, and a new Freak 2010 DST. Just trying to decide to bring my bats with me or just use theirs. thanks.
The Evo might survive, but the WS will look like a paddle after hitting those balls. Swing the Syns.

Hmmm...I'm curious on this as well.

I went out and got a good deal on a dozen Blue Dot balls (Blue balls, ha ha) then came home and did a lookup, only to find that they are 525 comp. I did some minimal searching and the best I could find was that the general consensus is that the ball is on the fence in terms of being good/bad for the bat. I'd like to see others opinion though, as I'm not very knowledgeable in the topic.
525 compression balls can/will do serious damage to bats. Some people use them when they're breaking in a bat, as it will drastically speed up the process, but it does shorten the lifespan of the bat.

Gotbass154db1

Addicted to Softballfans
My league used the worth super blue dots .47/525's and several bats wouldn't last a season with them, broke an AV after about 400-500 swings with them. I agree with hacker about using them to break in bats though, 3000 hits or so off a tee speeds it up quite nice. I would say go with a miken or another bat that is known for its durability.

cozzmokramer

Addicted to Softballfans
Just bumping this thread looking for some specific bats to use with them. Also, what is an AV bat? I am considering swinging my EVO Ax, is that suicide for that bat?

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
Depends what Synergy it is but of the list you posted its likely the best bat. The thing is with these balls you dont need to swing a Mike Ultra, these balls are so hard they will fly with any decent composite.

Good bats for these balls. Catty, Freak 98, Recoil, NRG, Easton Synergy Flex SCN3, SCN8, Easton Extended SCX3, Synergy BH SCN11BH,etc....

cozzmokramer

Addicted to Softballfans
I am looking for the most durable bat that doesnt compromise performance. Just don't want to break a bunch of bats.

thevipofdbz

Damme 00mega
THe question is how hard do you hit? THe EVo could blow up at any time hitting any ball. I broke 2 in under 20 hits with asa balls.

IF you r only hitting 300 ft then I would swing what ever. If you hit 400ft the evo I would not recommend. BUt like some one said if you have a receipt SWING AWAY :)

These balls are not that bad on bats IMO. I hit 47 525 in my bp buck all the time with call kinds of bats.