Price Check Combatants say your random whatnots.... part 6

scabnews

Addicted to Softballfans
Congrats on your new house mister. Hope you enjoy it. I bought one in metro Detroit in March of 2007. I couldn't have lost more money with Bernie Madoff.

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
So I'm in the other room doing some packing and I hear someone knock at the door. I hear my wife conversing with someone but can't hear what they're saying. She comes back laughing. I ask her what that was all about and she said some kid was trying to mooch wireless to finish a midterm paper (nice try kid, I see your Call of Duty poster in your bedroom window) and he thought it was coming from our house. She told him she wished she knew who it was because the signal is so strong, but we can't so we just use our phones. Then this kid (15-16 years old at best) precedes to ask her if we have any pot for sale. She just :rolleyes: and shuts the door.

About an hour later, I'm sitting down having a snack (Apples and peanut butter FTW). I hear a knock at the door and answer to find the same kid that had just asked my wife an hour ago for an internet password and some pot. He starts the whole spiel on me about he wishes he knew where the internet was coming from blah blah blah and I tell him the same thing she told him. Then he tries making small talk with me and then hints around he has a $500 diamond ring he'd sell for some "good stuff". In the kindest tone of voice I told him if he ever stepped foot on my porch again asking for internet passwords or weed I'd be sure and inform his parents he's selling stolen jewelery for pot. He was off the porch before I even finished what I was saying. :D

I can't believe you thought I was only 15-16 years old!

if i can i eat everything with deer. so good!!
Deer is good. Elk is better.

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
Scotch tasting on Saturday night...might have been the best lineup since we started doing these 3+ years ago.
First 4 were all very good...not mind blowing, but extremely enjoyable. Strathclyde 33yr single grain (Clan Denny bottling), Edradour 12yr cask strength (port finish), Highland Park 21yr (Signatory bottling), Bruichladdich 5yr Pure Islay special release.

The last two were ****ing incredible...a 5yr single cask Kilchoman (SMSWS bottling)...it sold out in under 15 minutes when released. Only the second single cask bottling ever from Kilchoman. Last one was an unmarked Port Ellen from the Elements of Islay series (estimation was 30 years...since the distillery was closed in 1983 it couldn't be younger than 29).

Such a good night that I couldn't even walk home. Had to wait an hour to sober up so that I could walk to someone's car to get a ride.

KannonsDad

**** you
It's amazing how much easier life gets when your child learns to open their own fruit snacks/granola bar/gogurt. 4 is a good age :)

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
Closing on our house tomorrow. Getting excited!

Awesome. I saw where you said you were working the other night, did you get your job back?

Thanks guys, BBQ at my place! :p

I am on my way. Had to leave early as I didn't know how long it would take thumbing rides all the way there.

Dang. That is my next investment. If I hate it then I'll trade it for an Avarice and cash. In the mean time I'm grabbing a backup Avarice.

I thought when I got rid of my last ones I wouldn't miss them. I told my wife today I did. She laughed and said I told you. All I could say was I know.

I can't believe you thought I was only 15-16 years old!

Don't be a jew, get your own wi-fi. :eek::D:p

It's bittersweet. I love being a father and never feel inconvenienced by his needs. Though it is my job to raise him to be a functioning human being and I understand everyday is one more closer to his independence.

A dog is better, no ass wiping is required. 2 nephews and I have yet to change one dirty diaper. My sister-in-law was going to be induced on the 13th, but it looks like little man is going to come a little earlier as he is starting to move around more.

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
The mistake was the guy jesse worked with was having a hard time sneaking over to Jesse's house since he was home more. So he pulled some strings to get Jesse back to work so he could go over to his house.

scabnews

Addicted to Softballfans
5 is a cool age. No butt wiping. He's learning stuff all the time. He still thinks I'm cool. I can still get away with showing him a quarter, then flipping a washer way up in the air, pointing a finger at it and saying kapow. He'll still believe I can shoot a hole through a quarter.

My 11 year old on the other hand is at the end of my last nerve. He is a goddamn hipster.

whogotz

dilligaf?
It's bittersweet. I love being a father and never feel inconvenienced by his needs. Though it is my job to raise him to be a functioning human being and I understand everyday is one more closer to his independence.

i stand this statement wholeheartedly -

"One of the greatest gifts a parent can give their child is the understanding that their residence in their home does have an expiration date" - Whogotz

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Daycare story.

We had part time daycare (Wife works 3 12's at a dialysis unit) which is tough to find. Lady was a nice old grandma. Kids mostly sat around and watched TV. We wanted the 3 year old to get into something more "school" orientated. Wife went back to school this semester so we now need full time daycare. Perfect opportunity to find something nice. Well, we met with a daycare last night that is perfect. They have room for our infant as well, so it's a win-win. So I told our current daycare lady this morning that we'd be moving the kids on Monday. She told me I need to give her 2 weeks notice, or pay for two weeks. I informed her that it's not in her contract and the kids are done on Monday. She said that's not fair because it was in her old contract. I told her she should have put it in her new contract then and too bad the kids will be done on Friday. She got butt hurt. Anyway, I get to work and get a call from her. She decided since we weren't happy with the daycare she provides I can just come get the kids right now and be done. :rolleyes:

Sooooo, I'm home with the kids today. :D But it sounds like the new daycare can take the kids starting tomorrow, so no harm no foul. But what a petty, nasty old lady. Jeepers.