Price Check Combatants say your random whatnots.... part 6

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
First game tonight for my 9 and 10 year old team. Pitching was rough!!!
We got thumped. Oh well as long as they start to learn the game.

http://instagram.com/p/YthG6mQsw-/

I can't figure how to insert that pic so a link it is.

My 8yr old daughter's very first softball game was tonight :). I was proud...she did pretty good for her first game. She had two ABs, made solid contact on both, and got on base both times. Gotta work on the fielding though, lol. She played 1B and pitcher (8U here is coach-pitch), and there's a couple of things I'm going to work with her on. Overall, I was a proud papa watching tonight. Most important thing was she said she had fun playing...the biggest key. She thinks she's like daddy with all her own gear...has a batpack, her own bat, helmet, infielder's facemask, batting gloves (which she didn't use today, lol), couple of gloves.

She didn't want her picture taken, HAHA :D.

Her second AB. Tried to catch her hitting the ball, but I was a bit too late. Finishing form could be better, but she was starting to run.

Last edited:

wdwlodge

Addicted to Softballfans
My 8yr old daughter's very first softball game was tonight :). I was proud...she did pretty good for her first game. She had two ABs, made solid contact on both, and got on base both times. Gotta work on the fielding though, lol. She played 1B and pitcher (8U here is coach-pitch), and there's a couple of things I'm going to work with her on. Overall, I was a proud papa watching tonight. Most important thing was she said she had fun playing...the biggest key. She thinks she's like daddy with all her own gear...has a batpack, her own bat, helmet, infielder's facemask, batting gloves (which she didn't use today, lol), couple of gloves.

She didn't want her picture taken, HAHA :D.

Her second AB. Tried to catch her hitting the ball, but I was a bit too late. Finishing form could be better, but she was starting to run.

Where is her Combat?

whogotz

dilligaf?
convinced that when it comes to ordering shirts/jerseys i am cursed. of all the transactions i have done, i think my percentage of deals that have gone smoothly and as agreed is under 20%

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
Where is her Combat?

LOL, not getting one yet. This is her first year, and I'm not spending big bucks on a bat for coach-pitch softball when I don't know if she'll want to play past this year. Next year she'll have to move up to "fastpitch" if she wants to keep playing, so I may consider it then. I just want to know she's going to commit to it before I spend a chunk of money on a bat. I also don't want to get her one and have her grow out of it in a year, LOL.

mswiat

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes! Definitely need to get her a Combat. :)

Cute pictures you two. My toddler has been hitting off his tee and wants to play baseball. Unfortunately he has to wait until he's 5. Lame.

My oldest has almost as many Combats as I have!

LOL, not getting one yet. This is her first year, and I'm not spending big bucks on a bat for coach-pitch softball when I don't know if she'll want to play past this year. Next year she'll have to move up to "fastpitch" if she wants to keep playing, so I may consider it then. I just want to know she's going to commit to it before I spend a chunk of money on a bat. I also don't want to get her one and have her grow out of it in a year, LOL.

Keep an eye out on the boards. I picked up a Lisa Fernandez FP (blue) 28/10 in great shape last year, which my oldest is using right now and just last week an 30/20 Virus FP, in great shape. each one was $60 or 65 shipped. I'd hand them down to you next but I have another daughter who will be using them next.

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
Keep an eye out on the boards. I picked up a Lisa Fernandez FP (blue) 28/10 in great shape last year, which my oldest is using right now and just last week an 30/20 Virus FP, in great shape. each one was $60 or 65 shipped. I'd hand them down to you next but I have another daughter who will be using them next.

Will do. I'll keep that in mind over the winter or next spring.

z00ted 85

Addicted to Softballfans
convinced that when it comes to ordering shirts/jerseys i am cursed. of all the transactions i have done, i think my percentage of deals that have gone smoothly and as agreed is under 20%

Are you still waiting on that TMNT jersey? I really want to jump on a second round but his disappearing act and lack of communication is giving me pause.

tee_dub660

BP Hero's Sidekick
Last night was the 1st night of our league and we went 1-1. I would have expected to make it to the second game before being called cheaters but, we only made it a couple of innings. ;)

Everyone on the team was swinging LSX_Freak or my ASA DB or Jesse's DB275, when the "our bats don't sound like that" comments starting floating out of their dugout. ;)

It couldn't have been the fact they were down by 10 :rolleyes: or that they were swinging a white steel or Miken DST :rolleyes::rolleyes:

whogotz

dilligaf?
Are you still waiting on that TMNT jersey? I really want to jump on a second round but his disappearing act and lack of communication is giving me pause.

yeah man. if it was for myself, i would be more patient. but its for my 4yr old nephew. im not happy with his customer service right now, friday is another hurdle. if he keeps his word on friday, i wont be so mad anymore.

z00ted 85

Addicted to Softballfans
yeah man. if it was for myself, i would be more patient. but its for my 4yr old nephew. im not happy with his customer service right now, friday is another hurdle. if he keeps his word on friday, i wont be so mad anymore.

That's rough dude. I'm hoping he comes through for you brother. Keep me posted.

Gadawgs29

Banned User

as much as I want to join in on round 2, im hesitant when someone posts bad things about him taking longer each week.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
as much as I want to join in on round 2, im hesitant when someone posts bad things about him taking longer each week.

I'm right there with ya. As awesome as those jerseys are doesn't make up for the fact that some people are still waiting on shipping info on the first round....

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
The team I run had our first two games tonight. We won both 14-2 and 22-8, but it was really hard to tell how good we are at the plate because they're pitcher couldn't hit a bull in the butt with a bass fiddle. I went 3-for-3 in the first game with an in-the-park HR (we have no fences... went oppo to split LF-LC and the ball rolled a mile. Then I walked four freaking times in the second game, LOL. I really, really, really, really, really wanted to swing the bat, but nothing was close enough. I'm a notorious first-pitch swinger, and I walked four times.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Last night was the 1st night of our league and we went 1-1. I would have expected to make it to the second game before being called cheaters but, we only made it a couple of innings. ;)

Everyone on the team was swinging LSX_Freak or my ASA DB or Jesse's DB275, when the "our bats don't sound like that" comments starting floating out of their dugout. ;)

It couldn't have been the fact they were down by 10 :rolleyes: or that they were swinging a white steel or Miken DST :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Loved it. Many lolz.

bat monger

Combat Advisory staff
What ever happened to Gary Busey? He has fallen off the face of the earth with no farwell or anything like that. I would toast a beer with him.......

whogotz

dilligaf?
had a dream last night of hitting a softball....woke up and realized i am still several months away....woe is me

tee_dub660

BP Hero's Sidekick
That Jesse fellow is a cheater
So the legend has it. Don't care, let the haters think what they want.
^^^ Cheater.
His legend is growing. He is now shaving Easton Hammers and Cyclones along with corking wooden bats. He still has night guarantee that your bat won't "lose its compression". :rolleyes: As the legend grows so might his guarantee. :cool:
had a dream last night of hitting a softball....woke up and realized i am still several months away....woe is me
It will be here before you know it. Just hang in and hang on and you'll be there soon enough

Last edited:

tee_dub660

BP Hero's Sidekick
Last night was the end of the season basketball tourney for the Y league that I am in. The match-ups were supposed to be:
6:45 2 vs 3
7:30 1 vs 4
8:15 Championship

We were the 2 seed and had only 5 guys. I had a buddy of mine walk into the gym so we actually played with 6 for the first game. We won by 6 in a close hard fought win. As we're waiting for the next game the 1 seed is warming up and NOBODY from the 4 seeded team was there. They "No-Showed" so the championship moved to 7:15 and let me tell you, I am not made for 2 games in a row. Every joint from my toes to my hips are screaming right now. We played 3 good quarters (down by 1 at the start of the 4th) and got hammered by the young bucks in the 4th quarter. Only bright side was this morning I weighed under 220 for the first time in 6 months! ;)