Compression testing in Scottsdale

HAT MAN

Addicted to Softballfans
while I applaud local league LD's doing the best they can to keep things safe they should talk with experienced directors when addressing rules and actions. For ex. a few weeks ago I was playing league and the pitcher (league only) player kept throwing low flat pitches away to all the guys. Well guess what happens. I knew the catcher so told him to talk with him. At least arch it so I can hit it the other way.
FFWD first at bat middle, bat taken by ump, second at bat middle, bat taken. third at bat. Time blue hey pitch if you pitch me inside I will pull it so please do so I only have one bat left, he does and hr.
The rule though for us is anyone hit in the infield the bat gets taken. Its league so whatever but when I asked for a receipt from the ump for the two bats he said we dont do that. So you take 2 bats from me and there is no record you have them really. He says no need here you go and gives them back.

So what did the rule actually do????

bigballs21

Banned User
I play the Scottsdale league and its absolutely beautiful!!! He will randomly show up and test every bat in the dugout. He's way slick about it, he will watch from distance with binoculars to make sure guys aren't using a bat and then hidding it their bag. Then when the team takes the field he tests all the bats in the dugout. I can't praise Tim (LD) enough for doing it. He caught a huge amount of crap in the beginning from all the cheaters but kept at it. He is a very good guy. I've always said there are few things more pathetic then needing to cheat in order to hit a grapefruit sized ball traveling 10mph in recreational league softball (my cheating comment obviously refers to guys who alter their bat, not guys who are unknowingly swinging a broken in bat that is past the limits)
**** I just read SWAT post about stickers, I missed last season so he may not be doing what I mentioned anymore*****