Converted bat?

cozzmokramer

Addicted to Softballfans
I played in a slow pitch tourney yesterday. A team that has not had a OG freak all year now was swinging a freak that looked worn. Their guys were dropping bombs with it. We are using SB12 high school girls softballs because the field is pretty small. Anyway, I asked them where they got the bat and never really got a str8 answer. Didn't want to accuse anyone of anything but the ball just sounded different off that bat. Seen a few Ultras converted to Freaks on Ebay and on other websites.

Anyway, I am just wondering is there anyway to easily identify if the bat is a convert?

rightsideswine

Banned User
I played in a slow pitch tourney yesterday. A team that has not had a OG freak all year now was swinging a freak that looked worn. Their guys were dropping bombs with it. We are using SB12 high school girls softballs because the field is pretty small. Anyway, I asked them where they got the bat and never really got a str8 answer. Didn't want to accuse anyone of anything but the ball just sounded different off that bat. Seen a few Ultras converted to Freaks on Ebay and on other websites.

Anyway, I am just wondering is there anyway to easily identify if the bat is a convert?

best way to figure out if it's altered is to hit middle a couple times with your own bat and then ask to try theirs.

Thundercats

Banned User
Have you ever hit an og easton with a really hard ball... They sound like glass as do a lot of bats! People need to stop accusing people of using altered bats and just got hit the ball hard and win!! /thread

obagain

Dr. bats are for wimps
Have you ever hit an og easton with a really hard ball... They sound like glass as do a lot of bats! People need to stop accusing people of using altered bats and just got hit the ball hard and win!! /thread

So you say it is ok to cheat? It is that attitude that is creating crappy balls and all the banned bats.
You guy just keep cheating and the guys that play the game the right way get screwed.

cozzmokramer

Addicted to Softballfans
I am not accusing them of cheating. It was just peculiar that they had this bat when they have not had it all season. The balls we use in this league are sponges, and they just sounded different off that bat. I am just wondering if there is anyway to identify these converted bats without breaking them or essentially taking them apart.

Last edited:

obagain

Dr. bats are for wimps
I am not accusing them of cheating. It was just peculiar that they had this bat when they have not had it all season. The balls we use in this league are sponges, and they just sounded different off that bat. I am just wondering if there is anyway to identify these converted bats without breaking them or essentially taking them apart.

Not if it is a decent bat dr.

Thundercats

Banned User
All I'm saying is hit the ball hard and stop the bitching and you will be fine.. I'm just sick of someone getting beat and accusing them of swinging a cut or painted stick etc!!

AdamHad'em

King of the whooo?

If it was an OG Freak that looked well-worn, odds are it was NOT a conversion. Conversions aren't known for wearing well. Could've been shaved, but who's to really say. Well-broken in Freaks are pretty nasty, even stock.

TEDDY3

????????
yea

All I'm saying is hit the ball hard and stop the bitching and you will be fine.. I'm just sick of someone getting beat and accusing them of swinging a cut or painted stick etc!!

we get it, maybe you can say it two more times tho...:rolleyes:

GNOLAUM

*insert dope custom title here

Is it at all possible, just maybe they bought a used bat off of an Internet forum? All of a sudden, they have a used bat and it hits missles. That's how it works.

rightsideswine

Banned User

says the guy with a lathe in his barn that uses shaved sticks....im sure your sick of people accusing other people of using juiced bats because you're probably the one always getting accused....:cool:

obagain

Dr. bats are for wimps

So if I talk the ump into giving my team an extra out each inning you are ok with that?
What level of cheating is acceptable to you?

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
oh my ****ing god....there are 17,599 other god damn threads about this same thing....the ospb is a classic case of pete and repeat anymore...

warpath

BUTT****ING THE WORLD

Maybe if you didn't suck so bad you could hit a bomb with a girls ball you ****ing MOP you are terrible. Haven't even seen you play but I know from the way you talk like a ***** lol

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
Maybe if you didn't suck so bad you could hit a bomb with a girls ball you ****ing MOP you are terrible. Haven't even seen you play but I know from the way you talk like a ***** lol

i think this brawh is as tired of these threads as i am....just a hunch :cool:

obagain

Dr. bats are for wimps
The more we dont call out cheaters the crappier equipment we have to use.
I am all for more threads like this, make the cheaters uncomfortable.

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
The more we dont call out cheaters the crappier equipment we have to use.
I am all for more threads like this, make the cheaters uncomfortable.

but i doubt any of the guys being talked about in the og post are on the board so why call them out here, why not at the games/tournament/league meeting? chances are if they are on here they don't give a **** anyway

btw, loved the vid on youtube...went out and made my own pvc batting tee...works great, and only cost me $8.63

blev27

Manager
well its gonna happen whether you keep talking about or not......not every bat that is good is "shaved"......

obagain

Dr. bats are for wimps
but i doubt any of the guys being talked about in the og post are on the board so why call them out here, why not at the games/tournament/league meeting? chances are if they are on here they don't give a **** anyway

btw, loved the vid on youtube...went out and made my own pvc batting tee...works great, and only cost me $8.63

The poster wasnt sure so he came here to get information.
Instead you treat him like dirt to justify cheating, we have to change that attitude.

blev27

Manager
Instead you treat him like dirt to justify cheating, we have to change that attitude.

dont think he was treating him like dirt......let him know to call the guys out then and there......

cdamron13

scerred of sbf

no I didn't treat him like dirt...instead of the guy calling cheaters out on a internet forum call them out during a game...if guys truly wanted to get rid of altered bats then they would call them out at the right time instead of bringing it elsewhere where there is no chance to change the situation...

warpath

BUTT****ING THE WORLD
I try to hurt thier pitcher if they're using cut bats, THAT is how you play the game. People cheat, light up their ****ing pitcher.