Couple of questions: How did you get into softball? What number do you wear & why?

SukTNutz

Addicted to Softballfans
I started in 2006 wearing #22 for Willie Mo Pena he is awesome. Buddy got me into it .He quit because he "lost a step" if u ask me he never had it. lol and he IS THAT GUY.............

tattt3

Coach
Got into it a few years back ok a lil more than a few,played baseball thru college and it was just natrual to move into softball because its my true passion(baseball/softball) some like football and basketball but this is my sport of choice,have been in and around the game at every level since i was a child

i wear 1(no its not a ego thing) because it was the # i started out with in teeball and i kept it my whole time with the exception of my freshman year in HS

MizakisBizak

Fat & Slow, but still GTG
Started playing when I was 15. I was still playing baseball at the time, but I used to watch my dad play fastpitch w/my grandaddy and my uncle. My Dad eventually started playing slowpitch and asked if I'd want to play ball w/him and his buddies. I thought it would be cool to get take the field w/my dad. Played w/him for 2 years and I've been playing since.

Wear #9. I'd tell ya it was because of Ted Williams or some other high profile player, but it was not. That's all I got to say about that...

hawq

Coach
i got into softball cutz i didnt make it to the mlb. I wore 23 in baseball for mattingly now i wear 7 because my dads favorite player is micky mantle. no im not a yankee fan

NobodyAz

Extra Hitter
I started playing just about a year ago because I was on a softball field so much helping my wife train and my number is 169 because it is the combination of her two numbers.

msoares2123

Addicted to Softballfans
played baseball in a bunch of leagues until i was 23 years old. took a couple years off and then hopped on my buddys coed work softball team. after 1 season of that i started my own mens team. my team has been playing for the past 5 years.

i wear #25 because my daughter was born on the 25th of june.

WhiteBrow24

The Dude Abides
I got into softball my freshman year of college. I was picking my classes spring semester and say "softball" as a gym class I thought to myself hell ya lets do this! I have not stopped since!

I rock number 24 due to Griffey Jr being my idol growing up.

sosa2314

Laser show
I got into softball when I was 15. It was something to do during the summer in a small town. After I played college ball and realized baseball was over it was a good thing to stay around a version of the game.

I wear #23 for two great Chicago icons, Ryne Sandberg and MJ, or 14 for Ernie Banks.

Tom819

Addicted to Softballfans
Played baseball till I was 21, never college, just town leagues, Legion, etc. Got into it a few years ago when I friend asked me to sub in for a game. Just got back into it.

I wear 55 this year, it was the highest number available. I usually wear 23, I was the fat kid and needed to biggest uniform. It stuck.

stickin2j

Good clean family fun
My dad played way back in the day, and started coaching a church team when we moved to a big enough church to have a team. It was also my first year of eligibility.

One of those years we had shirts numbered by size (smallest=#1 and then up) and I got 15. The next year we could order whatever we wanted, but I just stuck with 15. I did change for a co-ed team once, but other than that it has always been my number.

i have grown up around softball since i was born so was born into it. Was pitching and throwing when I was 2 and goes on and on. My dad played trip A fastpitch and my mom played high competitive softball as did I as i grew up. I actually dont wear a # now as i wear my lucky black under armour shirt to each game. maybe if we had cooler unis i would hehe.

Jstorey

Addicted to Softballfans
Joined when i was 15, now 27 wanted yo play with my father on are church team. picked 7 because it was my number in soccer.

rdjc1031

Addicted to Softballfans
wear number three cuz im dale ****ign earchardt, but really because i wore it in HS, i got into softball in the winter short season 3 winter seasons ago and i loved it, so i formed my own team because my friends team SUCKED, we took E league champs our first season and have our eyes set on d league this year. Also i have caught the buying a crap load of bats curse

Houdini5150

Addicted to Softballfans
I got into Softball because I grew up as a kid playing little league. Lost interest in playing since High School. Going through a divorce with my wife I gave mountain biking a shot however I got tired of doing it solo and i wanted to do something with a group of people. So one day I am out with a friend at boomers hitting balls for fun. Then I thought about playing softball and gave it a shot. Been playing for about a month now for fun. Still need to iron out a few things before I get serious about it.

I don't have a number right now but if I had to choose, I would chose:

12- in little league I went from either 12 or 21

21- Grew up a Padres fan and at the time I was a big Caminiti fan

24- Fav. hitter growing up Ken Griffey Jr.

bigred27

Bomb Dropper!
I played baseball all the way up to High School. After High School I was asked to play Mens Softball and I just laughed at the guy and told him that men dont play that sport. It was not until I meet my wife 6 years ago and I went to watch her COed team play. The team was made up of her family and friends with her mom, dad, sister and brother-inlaw. After I was sitting in the stands and wanted to play soooo bad I thought I would give it a chance! I have been play for the last 6 years and love the game!

24- Is my number

BIGPAPA33

ULTRA MEGA
I played two years of baseball when I was 9-10 and hated it...still hate baseball ( played only football after that). Joined the Army in 86 and was asked to play softball. Didn't really like it much until I played it a few years. Still love the game, but hate what it's turned into the last 8-9 years.

I wear 33 because of my sports idol...Tony Dorsett.

ming01

DMVWinning
How did you get into softball?

I was a warm summer day back in 1996.. I was in my sophomore year of high school, hadn't ever been much of a baseball player, I was more into sex and weed than playing a sport with a bunch of sweaty dudes. So P.E., while usually dominated by basketball (which I was very good at so I got to play with all the black guys), consisted of slowpitch softball. Being much larger than most of the people in class, I was picked first and put in the clean up spot. My very first ever slow pitch at bat I crushed an absolute bomb... but with no fences I had to run it out. Needless to say I burned ol g-money playing me shallow out in left field and had he actually been wearing pants hat fit he may have been able to hold me to a triple... but I doubt it. That pissle didn't have much of a chance of staying in. For the rest of the week I continued to crush moral shredding bomb after bomb... I even went middle on our racist PE coach that cut me from the basketball B team.... ice that shin down buddy. After figuring out that I could hit well... I decided to find a church to play with ... not only so I could shine like Barry Bonds at a supplement convention, but also it was easy pickings for some strange goodie-goodie girl church booty. I figured... go out there and show out on the fields and all the pale skinned sweatshirt wearing my mom doesn't let me date so I'll have to blow you on church outings girls would be right in the palm of my 13" fielding glove...... boy was I right. So, after seeing that softball was easy and it got me copious amounts of untainted young trim.... I decided I'm a balla for life.

What jersey number(s) do you wear and why?

99..... cause I want to

i just ran across this thread but this is funny! going middle in gym class. lmao

Sanzabar

Addicted to Softballfans
Actually started playing after my baseball career came to an abrupt end. More or less, I was a suck and couldnt make it to the big's. Just joined on with a friend in some league ball.

Wear #31 - Dad's day of birth... he passed in 2010. So, switched to 31 then.

Wore #22 - had the same number since tball.

wooitssteve

Addicted to Softballfans
Started when my sister's ex-boyfriend said "Hey, my friend is starting a softball team and we need another guy. You want to play?" and it's all downhill from there.

I wear #14... no real significance, I got the number when I was like 11 years old in little league and played well, so every season after that I asked for 14, through high school and now in softball.

stewdawg

Addicted to Softballfans
after high school, I went to Penn State. I wasn't exactly D1 material, so I gave up baseball. Got a job lifeguarding at the campus pool. My fellow employees had a co-ed IM team and they asked me to play. I got to drink heavily, hang out with hot chicks and still play some ball... needless to say, I was hooked. That was the summer of 1995 and the rest is history. I wear 16 because my Dad wore 16 and he is my hero.

pnpxtreme

Lights Out Sports
My buddy asked me if I wanted to play.. so I did.

Wear #20, in honor of the best running back of all time.