CRACK or NOT???

blanco02

Addicted to Softballfans
Bought this bat on the boards recently and the seller says he "would not sell a bat with a crack"....... Its the 2012 Easton line. Is this a crack or not? Thanks in advance for your input.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
can't tell by that pic. can you get a fingernail under it? it looks like a scratch that is shaped like a crack. that doesnt look like how a bat normally cracks.

blanco02

Addicted to Softballfans
can't tell by that pic. can you get a fingernail under it? it looks like a scratch that is shaped like a crack. that doesnt look like how a bat normally cracks.

Fingernail catches on it, but doesn't go under.......

rush3969

Addicted to Softballfans
That's a weird scratch, going into the silver all swevered like that, I dunno looks a little weird

OilCountryCanno

Star Player
Looks like a scratch to me. Could it be by dragging it across the fence top or something because it kind of extends to the other part of the barrel.

Edit: yeah that's tough...looking at it again, could be a crack.

Last edited:

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I say if not a crack, then it's certainly the start of one. Up to you. I'm hard-headed and would probably keep it, but if you haven't hit it and aren't happy with the deal he should undo it.

As there's no consensus on whether it's a crack or not I think you should pay return shipping.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
No you are not wrong to ask to undo the deal and the person who sold it to you should pay return shipping along with a full refund. The fact that he failed to show you pics of something that could be a crack before you purchased it is on him.

batboy_2006

Addicted to Softballfans
Looks like a crack to me. Too jagged to be a scratch IMO.

I don't think you're wrong to ask to have the deal reversed, as long as you haven't swung it yet and reported your finding to him once you got it and looked it over.

freak98guy

Place Clever Title Here
I'd undo the deal. Seller should have taken a close up of this and made you aware before the sale IMO

HrBump13

Addicted to Softballfans
looks like a crack to me. Too jagged to be a scratch imo.

I don't think you're wrong to ask to have the deal reversed, as long as you haven't swung it yet and reported your finding to him once you got it and looked it over.

^^

cracked!

Diabl0s12

Starting Player
It looks like a crack to me. My stealth cracked the same way.....sorry bud. That's just my opinion of course...