creatine mono

tap2284

Watching baseball somewhere
The first 5-10 seconds of exercise are fueled by the phosphacreatine system. Then you switch to glycolysis and eventually oxidative phosphorylation for ATP production.

So ATP isn't produced before that is what you are saying? ATP stores alone aren't used for the first 3 or so seconds?

Last edited:

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
So ATP isn't produced before that is what you are saying? ATP stores alone aren't used for the first 3 or so seconds?

You are certainly entitled to your own opinion, but I believe you're reaching on this one. Studies aside I see a difference in strength numbers if I come off creatine mono.

briney11

Addicted to Softballfans
Jim Stoppani says that creatine hydrochloride is better than monohydrate.

Last edited by a moderator:

LngBallLvr

Addicted to Softballfans
It works better better for some compared to others. I would guess it depends on genetics and also diet. If you are a guy that eats red meat every day, then it probably wont help you as much.

I can speak from my experience and it most definitely gave me 2-4 reps more when repping with 225 lbs. Also, the effect of creatine was much more noticeable when I played basketball hard then did strength training the next day. Basketball depleted my energy stores and creatine gave me about 4 more reps on the days following intense basketball. Otherwise, the rep increase was only a couple more reps.

kayakmaker

Average at best
Creatine absolutely works. Besides whey protein, it's the only supp worth taking. I've used mono off and on for 10 years. Creapure has been the brand standard for a while. I like and trust most everything ONs sells. Theirs is prob made from creapure.
As for loading, I do it. Just bc I usually only lift heavy for 3-4 months / year and I want to get the full saturation asap. I have noticed recently that the daily doses have come down to more like 3-5 g/day, and some even say only on workout days.

While I don't get caught up in the hype of the latest, greatest supps and new forms of creatine, I can testify that SizeOn has been an awesome. I've used 5-6 jugs of it over the last 3 years or so, and just like mono always took my workouts the another level, SizeOn takes them a step further.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
It works better better for some compared to others. I would guess it depends on genetics and also diet. If you are a guy that eats red meat every day, then it probably wont help you as much.

I can speak from my experience and it most definitely gave me 2-4 reps more when repping with 225 lbs. Also, the effect of creatine was much more noticeable when I played basketball hard then did strength training the next day. Basketball depleted my energy stores and creatine gave me about 4 more reps on the days following intense basketball. Otherwise, the rep increase was only a couple more reps.

Were you taking it on your basketball days too?

Morris 14

When do you guys that use it take it?.... I've just been adding 5g to my post workout drink which is whey/water.

Onefiver

Addicted to Softballfans
That's fine.

Some people want to take with a fast acting carb or whatever, but you'll get saturated either way.

LngBallLvr

Addicted to Softballfans
Were you taking it on your basketball days too?

I was taking 3 grams a day for 5-7 days a week. Definitely made a difference in strength reps and power. I am not sure it helped for basketball though because I was about 7 pounds heavier than my ideal playing weight.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was taking 3 grams a day for 5-7 days a week. Definitely made a difference in strength reps and power. I am not sure it helped for basketball though because I was about 7 pounds heavier than my ideal playing weight.

I can see that. Was just wondering if it helped with the jumping, etc. considering how strength relates to those movements.

I would just swallow spoonfuls of Creatine and wash them down with juice as I hated the way they didn't mix.

LngBallLvr

Addicted to Softballfans
I can see that. Was just wondering if it helped with the jumping, etc. considering how strength relates to those movements.

I would just swallow spoonfuls of Creatine and wash them down with juice as I hated the way they didn't mix.

I did feel stronger backing down and underneath the basket if no other reason than I was carrying an extra 10 pounds or so. However, I was probably slower especially later in the game. Makes for good power for the 1st Q though.

With basketball I have found that my playing weight is about 210 and if I go heavier I lose a bit once fatigue sets in.

Spackler

...got that goin for me
So at 42 Im finally losing fat after gaining weight bout 12 years ago from heart meds by using a smoothy diet full of raw veggies and fruits and Im also gaining strength under the iron. Would creatine get in the way of losing fat? Would it only help the muscle growth?

kayakmaker

Average at best
So at 42 Im finally losing fat after gaining weight bout 12 years ago from heart meds by using a smoothy diet full of raw veggies and fruits and Im also gaining strength under the iron. Would creatine get in the way of losing fat? Would it only help the muscle growth?

Short answer is no- creatine will not prevent you from burning fat.
however, I'd argue that you cannot burn fat and build muscle @ the same time.

grubd

Banned User

Creatine causes water retention, any weight gains wouldn't be fat.

Spackler

...got that goin for me
Short answer is no- creatine will not prevent you from burning fat.
however, I'd argue that you cannot burn fat and build muscle @ the same time.

you can.... My pant sizes have been dropping and people mention how Im losing and yet my muscles have been getting stronger and larger.... I lift 6 times a week. Tonight will be back, bi, core and cardio :cool:

aztec575

Rec player for life!!
I get unflavored and mix it in with my protein shake, which I drink right after I lift

I also get the unflavored Kre-Alkalyn. I put 1g in my pre workout and 1g in my protein shake that I drink after. There is no water retention if you drink enough water.

DemariniDrew

You Mad Bro? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Well what's the facts and truth?...... nice ****ing sig

I don't like to give advice on supplements, especially since I'm no medical professional...

But I do know that Creatine Mono is one of the most researched supplements available and is one of the "safest", generally speaking of course...

You most likely will "gain" weight when taking it, but it's only water weight, creatine acts similarly to sodium in that it makes the body hold water, more specifically to the muscles.. For most this is temporary and usually goes away with proper training while using the supplement...

As for results, like anything else, they vary... Creatine itself will not make you stronger, it simply allows you to do more reps before your muscles become fatigued... For example, rather than do 8-10 reps, you'll see yourself completing 10-12 with less fatigue...

Like others have said, make sure you are drinking about a gallon or more of water a day to not only allow the supplement to do what it was intended to do, but to avoid cramping... I CANNOT STRESS THE IMPORYANCE OF DRINKING WATER WITH CREATINE ENOUGH! If you can't drink enough water, don't bother with it...

And thanks for the compliment :)

DemariniDrew

You Mad Bro? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You don't have to load either; there is no concrete scientific evidence that supports that this improves results... just stick with it for a few weeks and your body will do what it needs to do!

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not going to lie. I avoid anything that says I need to drink a gallon of water a day. I tried to up my intake the other day and had to wake up 4 times in the middle of the night to pee. I don't know how you guys do it if you're serious. I might have had half a gallon that day.

kayakmaker

Average at best
I'm not going to lie. I avoid anything that says I need to drink a gallon of water a day. I tried to up my intake the other day and had to wake up 4 times in the middle of the night to pee. I don't know how you guys do it if you're serious. I might have had half a gallon that day.

Drinking a gallon of water a day is a pretty generic recommendation to anyone trying to live a healthy lifestyle, taking creatine just makes it more relevant.
Rule of thumb is; your urine should always look like a lightly colored lemonade. Drink enough water consistently throughout the day to achieve this.
Drink less after dinner so it doesnt keep you waking up. I usually get up once during the night to pee.

As for the "bro science", when you ask a question on a softball msg board about a workout supplement, arent you basically asking for "bro Science"?

At any rate, I've worked out with monohydrate for about 13 years. I feel confident that it is 100% safe and I know that it works.

DemariniDrew

You Mad Bro? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You don't have to drink that much if you don't want to, me personally, it's all I drink when I'm training, so a gallon throughout an entire day isn't exactly a stretch...

It sucks for the first week or so because of pissing constantly, but you adjust fairly quickly to the increased intake... just my $.02

Onefiver

Addicted to Softballfans
You think that is "casting stones"???

lol wow

One of the worst deflection jobs that I've seen on the net in some time. And that's saying something...