Creatine/Supplement Recommendations...

porgy1

Addicted to Softballfans
Was looking for a new supplement to try, seems EAS Betagen is off the market for whatever reason and I tried Green Magnitude last which I didn’t particularly care for. I usually take a creatine supplement or the like, for 2-3 months during the softball season. Any recommendations for the latest & greatest? Thanks in advance.

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
Size on works good, if you don't want to spend a lot of money a creatine powder will work just fine.

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
Don't buy into the hype of the products that are filled with sugars...that is what you are paying for. Get some good old monohydrate, scoop it into your mouth and down it with some white grape juice.

jshaw

Addicted to Softballfans
Don't buy into the hype of the products that are filled with sugars...that is what you are paying for. Get some good old monohydrate, scoop it into your mouth and down it with some white grape juice.
just out of curiosity, what's the benefit of scooping it in your mouth and drinking the grape juice? why not mix it in with the grape juice?

crushthatball

それに愚痴を吸う
The powder you usually get more on a cost/per use avg, monohydrate ftw and just go to your local Vitamin Shoppe. Take with 8oz of juice.
My only question is should you cycle creatine, for how long? I've heard yes and no.

porgy1

Addicted to Softballfans
just out of curiosity, what's the benefit of scooping it in your mouth and drinking the grape juice? why not mix it in with the grape juice?

Because you don't waste any that way, if you mix it a good portion stays in the glass. Also, grape juice = the sugar cataylst.

The powder is what I'm interested in, just need some brand names that are good. Looks like the monohydrate is preferred?

Flatsfisher

Manager
Yea go with mono and you dont need to scoop it into your mouth lol. I have taken creatine for years and never done this. You can mix it in with anything you want it all gets the job done. When im done drinking it though i rinse it with water and drink the rest that sticks to the glass. No you dont have to cycle creatine can stay on it at all time. Just go to local vittamin shoppe get there brand, there all the same.

IrishTommy

Mr. Body Massage Machine

wow that sounds ****ing awful lol

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
wow that sounds ****ing awful lol

My boss used to take it that way. Get it all out of the way instead of drinking a horrible tasting beverage.

One of the things I've read on the negative effects of Creatine is that it can cause you to over heat. Is this a rare thing or a serious concern for those of us down here where it's hot as Hades?

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
As previously stated, I scoop it in my mouth so I know exactly what I'm intaking. When taking creatine, I generally use one gram for every 7 pounds of body weight because your body doesn't absorb too much of the creatine. So for me, that is 35 grams a day spread out.

That isn't for everyone though.

dafox

Fox in Socks
As previously stated, I scoop it in my mouth so I know exactly what I'm intaking. When taking creatine, I generally use one gram for every 7 pounds of body weight because your body doesn't absorb too much of the creatine. So for me, that is 35 grams a day spread out.

That isn't for everyone though.

I've never heard this --- and never seen a single study that shows more than 5 grams is more effective. I'd think 35g would/could be dangerous for your kidneys??

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
I've never heard this --- and never seen a single study that shows more than 5 grams is more effective. I'd think 35g would/could be dangerous for your kidneys??

I should have added that I don't run this for long periods of time and I pyramid this. A lot of the creatine you take doesn't get absorbed into the body and that is why I've taken so much in the past.

I would generally take it along with my protein shakes and post workout.

It is definitely a high level and I'm not suggesting that anyone do it this way, just saying what I've done in the past.

With that said, I couldn't tell you the last time I've used creatine. It has been quite a few years.