Custom Glovesmith

chazerous

I emailed and asked for the status and if the glove was on schedule. They wrote back within minutes telling me it's shipping this week.

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
3 weeks? I might need to get another if that's the turnaround time. I'm digging mine a lot. If I wasn't a glove ho(arder) I would be perfectly content with this as being my only glove.

chazerous

We need more pics of yours! I like the wrist without the logo on yours by the way. I'm hoping they're right about shipping this week, I'm impatient and paid for the 2nd day shipping so hopefully I'll have it this weekend. I'm surprised myself, I figured they would be done next week at the earliest and another few days for shipping.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Um. I kind of hate to say this, but they can put the finger pad on gloves middle finger if you ask.

Spackler

...got that goin for me
Um. I kind of hate to say this, but they can put the finger pad on gloves middle finger if you ask.

Whaaaaat you talkin to me? I got glove from Linedriver and don't put index out anyways.......I might move it as I prefer 13+ but its sweet.

Camoninja

Addicted to Softballfans
imagejpg1_zps9bd3dc3b.jpg
I would love to see some more pictures and one with a ball in the bocket. I really like how the wheat leather looks. I've never had a Horween lleather glove so I can't compare anything to one.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Whaaaaat you talkin to me? I got glove from Linedriver and don't put index out anyways.......I might move it as I prefer 13+ but its sweet.

Ha ha, my bad. I thought this was one that was just arriving this week. I get it now.

As I was looking at your post, my first thought was actually, "what is he doing with a 1225? I'd have expected him to order a 1300 or 1350."

Gators21

Manager
Oh crap.... After these pics, I might have to order me a tan Custom USA and my black and gray one hasn't even arrived yet!

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
Wow that thing looks really good.

NOTE: That is the thickest binding I've ever seen.

Ha. The glove would have measured 12 without it. It gave that extra 1/4 inch to measure true to stamp.

Oh crap.... After these pics, I might have to order me a tan Custom USA and my black and gray one hasn't even arrived yet!

I know the feeling. I picked up Cy's custom because I got impatient. Shoot. After these pics, I'm thinking of ordering another exactly like it.

CountryBoy

Addicted to Softballfans
Does anyone know if the FB2 first base mitt from glovesmith is comparable to the Rawlings PRODCT? Also it has open back as an option on the form for select/elite but not on USA?

chazerous

Call and talk to them, they should be able to accommodate it, they didn't offer split welting and swinging bunt got it andi ordered it on mine. Should be fine.
Does anyone know if the FB2 first base mitt from glovesmith is comparable to the Rawlings PRODCT? Also it has open back as an option on the form for select/elite but not on USA?

As far as my glove, I'm in a bit of a dilemma. Due to circumstances since I ordered it, I either have to sell it when it comes in, or keep it and sell my 1000hc and 303hcbp I'm getting back in return for the 303cvdm that tore. Decisions decisions.

mr.augie

Head Ball Coach
imagejpg1_zps65254780.jpg

looks about the same as the one I had, which I always thought was more like a 12" glove, like the 1781 ..I have to disagree with Rous that these play the same as the 504 ..the 504 I have is noticeably bigger than a GS1225 ..I wonder if they can make the GS1250 with this I-web if they include the base piece..

edvedsfb

Addicted to Softballfans
imagejpg1_zps65254780.jpg

looks about the same as the one I had, which I always thought was more like a 12" glove, like the 1781 ..I have to disagree with Rous that these play the same as the 504 ..the 504 I have is noticeably bigger than a GS1225 ..I wonder if they can make the GS1250 with this I-web if they include the base piece..

A 12.5 i-web would be awesome. :biggthumpup:

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I only have two gloves to compare and there is definitely production variation. All I can say is, IMO, these gloves are pretty similar.

When I measure the usual way, I get the GS is longer by about 1/8". When I measure the back from the tip of the index finger to the binding at the button lap, I get the Rawlings larger by almost 1/4". I would say the GS is a flatter pattern that closes more thumb to middle-index while the 504 is a bit deeper and closes thumb to middle-ring finger. Both are equally wide.

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
I compared my mocha 504 with my custom 1225. I'll have to take pics and post them. They looked and felt pretty similar but I did notice the fingers on the 504 are longer. I'll have to go back later and see how the palms compare.

That dual-hinge web 504 is deeper than the H web 504. I'll see about taking a group shot of my 504's and you guys pick which one to compare with my custom Glovesmith.

mr.augie

Head Ball Coach
Rous;17875946ld say the GS is a flatter pattern that closes more thumb to middle-index while the 504 is a bit deeper and closes thumb to middle-ring finger. [/QUOTE said:
that was the main problem for me.. both 1225s I had were pretty flat with short fingers.. even though I play mostly 2nd, I hate flat patterns

chazerous

Just got tracking, 23 days after order, scheduled to be here on Wednesday which is the 4th week mark. Can't contain my excitement.

farmerG

Addicted to Softballfans
I also just got an tracking number mine should be here tuesday.... Im like a little kid the week of Christmas

Camoninja

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm hoping mine will ship this week since I ordered a week after farmerG. I emailed them last week with no response, so I'm going to assume they were out of the office for the holiday.